|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Session 7, Annie tells her psychiatrist how the only bright moments on the mountain were when she was allowed to do what?
(a) Read to the Freak.
(c) Bathe herself.
(d) Sit outside.
2. What did Annie's abductor leave on the counter before leaving, as described in Session 8?
(b) A knife.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A note.
3. In what province does Annie live in the novel?
(a) British Columbia.
4. What friend of Annie's did her abductor make threats over, causing her to succumb to his advances?
5. On what day of the week was Annie abducted?
6. For how many days did Annie's abductor leave her alone, as told to her therapist in Session 8?
7. What is Annie's last name in the novel?
8. When was Stevens' novel, "Never Knowing", published?
(a) April, 2011.
(b) July, 2011.
(c) September, 2010.
(d) February, 2010.
9. In Session 9, Annie describes her difficult relationship with her mother and her mother's game of one-up-manship with whom?
10. How did Annie pass the time while alone in the cabin, as described in Session 6?
(a) Calling to birds outside.
(b) By singing.
(c) Reciting bible passages.
(d) Marks on the wall.
11. How old was Annie when her father and sister were killed in an automobile accident?
12. What did Annie's abductor remove so that Annie could keep warm before leaving, as described in Session 8?
(a) A lock on the gas line.
(b) A fan from a window.
(c) The tarp from the wood pile.
(d) The screen around the stove.
13. What weapon did Annie's abductor use to threaten and kidnap her as described in Session 1?
(a) A stun gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A baseball bat.
14. While Annie was alone in the cabin in Session 6, she thought of her friends that were where?
(b) Clayton Falls.
15. Who is Lorraine's stepbrother in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of vehicle was the man who abducted Annie driving?
2. What did Annie's abductor imply he did to the woman who befriended him in a logging camp, as described in Session 13?
3. What holiday is approaching in Session 3?
4. When Annie's abductor returned, as told in Session 8, he told her that he had been where?
5. By what name does Annie refer to her abductor throughout the novel?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)