|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Leigh-Cheri realize looks the same in a mirror?
2. How does Bernard define myth?
3. In Chapter Seventy-Three, when Leigh-Cheri finally calms down, who does she ask for?
4. Why can't Leigh-Cheri follow Bernard to the ends of the earth?
5. What is the pea under Leigh-Cheri's mattress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What drastic measure does Leigh-Cheri do to show her support and love for Bernard while he is in prison?
2. What kind of ending did this novel have?
3. How do the authorities finally find Bernard to arrest him?
4. What is Bernard's reaction to Leigh-Cheri's self-imposed solitary confinement?
5. What does Leigh-Cheri begin to do while she is in her self-imposed solitary confinement?
6. What does Leigh-Cheri do on her birthday?
7. What did Bernard do to his attorney when he learned he was not going to have a trial and would only finish his original sentence?
8. What mishaps do not endear Bernard to Queen Tilli?
9. How does Bernard explain what is wrong with the way most people look at pyramids?
10. How did Gulietta become queen of the Furstenberg-Barcalonas' homeland?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of the Geo-Therapy Care Fest to Leigh-Cheri? What interests her most about it?
Essay Topic 2
What happened when word got out about Leigh-Cheri's symbolic act of her self-imposed imprisonment in her attic? Was this an act of protest over his being arrested or unity in support of the man she loves? What was the action supposed to prove? What was Bernard's reaction to it? Why? Shouldn't he have been honored that she loved him so much to do what she did, instead returning to life as normal?
Essay Topic 3
After the explosion when Leigh-Cheri and Bernard were together again, what did they remember about their time after the blast? Was it a dream? Did it really happen? How can it be explained?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)