|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say might happen during the rest of the story?
2. How does Bernard define myth?
3. From what box of cereal does Leigh-Cheri read a satisfaction guarantee?
4. Where does Leigh-Cheri and Bernard picnic?
5. Why can't Leigh-Cheri follow Bernard to the ends of the earth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of ending did this novel have?
2. How does Bernard explain what is wrong with the way most people look at pyramids?
3. What mishaps do not endear Bernard to Queen Tilli?
4. Who are the "Red Beards" Bernard tells Leigh-Cheri about?
5. What questions does the writer hope to answer as he finishes the book?
6. What did Bernard do to his attorney when he learned he was not going to have a trial and would only finish his original sentence?
7. What is Leigh-Cheri's shocking find when she goes to the pyramid?
8. Prior to being given the name of Bernard Mickey Wrangle, what was Bernard's name?
9. What drastic measure does Leigh-Cheri do to show her support and love for Bernard while he is in prison?
10. Why does the writer say his new typewriter will have to cope with letters, words and sentence structures that no other typewriter has ever had?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After the explosion when Leigh-Cheri and Bernard were together again, what did they remember about their time after the blast? Was it a dream? Did it really happen? How can it be explained?
Essay Topic 2
What leads Leigh-Cheri to use the metaphor of a smoker's lung as a naked virgin sacrificed into godfire? Why does she use this example? Explain her reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
What is the importance of the word CHOICE? How does Leigh-Cheri interpret the deep meaning of the word?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)