|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernard say when he interrupts Leigh-Cheri's conversation with the other man?
(c) "Olly, Olly, Oxenfree."
2. What happens when Leigh-Cheri goes to the place she last saw Bernard?
(a) She learns that he is out on bail.
(b) She's crying because he is gone.
(c) She's surprised to see he's there and not arrested.
(d) She wants to make sure she left nothing behind that would link her with the man the police captured.
3. What is Leigh-Cheri expected to do when she turns twenty-one?
(a) Help the world.
(b) Marry well.
(c) Become a writer.
(d) Leave home and get a job.
4. What surprises Leigh-Cheri when she sees Bernard again?
(a) He'd seen a dentist.
(b) His red hair.
(c) His hair cut.
(d) His newly grown red beard.
5. Who is the main character, Leigh-Cheri?
(a) The main character who has a fairy princess.
(b) A television star.
(c) A princess in a storybook.
(d) A princess who's family is in exile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does the color of the typewriter have on the writer?
2. When does the novel take place?
3. What does the yogi do to try to bring serenity to the conference?
4. How does Bernard respond when he is called a "Victim of the Vietnam war?"
5. How long does it take Bernard to escape from prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question does the People magazine journalist, Reed Jarvis, ask Leigh-Cheri that ends up bringing tears to her eyes as she responds?
2. What happens when a writer publishes an open letter to Bernard calling him a victim of the Vietnam War?
3. Why are the the Furstengerg-Barcalonas in exile?
4. Why does Bernard tell Leigh-Cheri he understands why she needs to get out of the sun?
5. What are the concerns King Max and Queen Tilli discuss about their daughter while she is away at the conference?
6. What is wrong with the color of the writer's typewriter?
7. What is learned about Leigh-Cheri by her crush on Ralph Nader?
8. What does Leigh-Cheri learn when she goes on Bernard's boat?
9. How is Leigh-Cheri described by the local media?
10. What kind of relationship does Leigh-Cheri have with Gulietta?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)