|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel is hard to read while listening to Stevie Wonder?
(a) The Brothers Karamazov.
(b) Karamazov and Sons.
(c) The Brothers Grimm.
(d) One Flew Over the Coo-Coo's Nest.
2. What girlfriend/partner in crime turns Bernard in?
(a) Montana Judy.
(b) Nevada Judy.
(c) Nevada Booty.
(d) Montana Booty.
3. In the story the writer tells about the Second World War, what happens to the American pilot?
(a) He crashes his plane in the jungles of Japan.
(b) He lands his plane in the water near Japan.
(c) The pilot parachutes from his burning plane.
(d) He lands in Japan, refuels, then flies back to America, then back to Japan again.
4. What is the frog's name?
(a) Frog T. Prince.
(b) Prince Charming.
(d) Prince Frog.
5. What does Bernard say he is not?
(a) A lover.
(b) A scientist.
(c) A hero.
(d) An outlaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernard tell Leigh-Cheri he came to Hawaii to do?
2. Who wins when Chuck and the King play poker?
3. Who is not on the Twelve Most Famous Redheads list in Chapter Twenty?
4. In the third "Interlude," what does the writer say his typewriter needs?
5. What is the similarity between juggling and composing on a typewriter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does his use of metaphors tell about the writer's expectations for his new electric typewriter?
2. What are the concerns King Max and Queen Tilli discuss about their daughter while she is away at the conference?
3. What does the time period of the story have to do with the Princess Leigh-Cheri's search for love that stays?
4. Why does Bernard tell Leigh-Cheri he understands why she needs to get out of the sun?
5. How do they say, "Have a nice day," in the writer's country?
6. What is the writer's expectation for the typewriter?
7. What does Robbins humorously determine will eventually happen to typewriters?
8. What do you learn about the writer's creative mind as he tries to imagine a new typewriter design?
9. What happens when a writer publishes an open letter to Bernard calling him a victim of the Vietnam War?
10. Why is Leigh-Cheri so upset when she returns to the boat where Bernard was staying?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)