|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Queen's favorite American saying?
(a) "Oh-Oh, spaghetti-o."
(b) "Oh-Oh, the radio."
(c) "Oh-No, it's spaghetti-o."
(d) "Hi-Ho, the dairy-o."
2. Who now ruled the Furstenberg-Barcalona homeland?
(a) The Pope.
(b) A right-wing military junta.
(c) The CIA.
(d) A left-wing American Govenor.
3. How does Bernard feel about TNT?
(a) He thinks you get more bang for the buck.
(b) It's a challenge to use.
(c) It's the only way to blow something up.
(d) He loves the magic of it.
4. Who is Chuck?
(a) He is a priest who is trying to convert the Furstenbert-Barcalona family.
(b) He is the man Max and Tilli want to marry Leigh-Cheri.
(c) He is a CIA informer who works for the family.
(d) He is the elderly caretaker the CIA hired to take care of the estate.
5. What frightens the writer about the Remington SL3?
(a) It's misspell alarm.
(b) It's speed.
(c) It's mechanical sophistication.
(d) It's size.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the villagers hold in reverence?
2. What is the writer thinking about the Remington SL3 during the first "Interlude" in the novel?
3. Who is the main character, Leigh-Cheri?
4. What does her chaperon purchase for the trip?
5. Why does Bernard Mickey Wrangle use an assumed name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the writer dissatisfied with his new typewriter?
2. How is Leigh-Cheri described by the local media?
3. What is wrong with the color of the writer's typewriter?
4. In Chapters Seven and Eight, what is learned about the people around Leigh-Cheri?
5. What does the reader learn about the writer's typing ability?
6. What is learned about Leigh-Cheri during the incident with the frog on the plane?
7. What problem does the writer seem to have with his new typewriter?
8. What idea does Leigh-Cheri talk about when she is interviewed for People magazine?
9. Why does Montana Judy, Bernard's outlaw girlfriend, turn him in to the police? What happens to him because he was turned in?
10. What symbolism is there in Leigh-Cheri using the attic for her escape?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)