|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Just a Head.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary Roach say is the least acceptable thing you can do with a cadaver?
(a) Lose it in the ocean.
(b) Drop it out of a plane.
(c) Shoot it.
(d) Blow it up.
2. Why does technology emulate the smell of dead bodies?
(a) For theme parks and haunted houses.
(b) To attract flies to be studied.
(c) To train dogs to find bodies.
(d) To study the receptors in flies and other insects.
3. What do researchers measure by creating typical scenarios?
(a) Cause of death.
(b) Age of the deceased.
(c) Time of death.
(d) The deceased's health at death.
4. What was Lowden threatened with if he fired upon cadaver legs?
(d) Court martial.
5. How does Mary Roach characterize the second stage of decay in a cadaver?
(a) Persistence of putrescent odor.
(b) Bloat with large numbers of maggots.
(c) Liquidation of internal organs.
(d) Skin sloughing off, with maggots beneath the surface.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were Civil War soldiers treated when they died, in Mary Roach's account?
2. What, in Robert White's experience, slows cellular damage to the dead brain?
3. The University of Tennessee Medical Center is the home to the only facility that does what?
4. What do students at the San Francisco College of Mortuary Science stuff cadavers' eyes with?
5. What did Legallois argue might bring a severed head back to consciousness?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)