|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the second lobster war?
(c) 1925- 1934.
2. Who is David?
(a) Ruth's brother.
(b) Ruth's nephew.
(c) Ruth's son.
(d) Ruth's cousin.
3. What do older lobstermen tend to be?
4. Who gives Ruth and Cal the horrible smelling item in Chapter 7?
5. What does Owney's uncle not allow him to do as of Chapter 7?
(a) Keep and sell lobsters.
(b) Spend time alone with Ruth.
(c) Smoke and drink.
(d) Go out past 9:00 pm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ruth kiss Owney in Chapter 11?
2. What does Rhonda wish she had for Ruth?
3. According to Kitty, who is the only one to be able to make a bride happy?
4. What does Ruth declare of Eddie in Chapter 8?
5. Where do Ruth and Owney walk along the edge of in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Stan and Ruth fight about in Chapter 12?
2. What do Ruth and Owney do in Chapter 11?
3. What does Toby believe is the future of Fort Niles?
4. What does Rhonda think of Mary?
5. What happened to Stan's marriage to Mary during the lobster wars and immediately following the lobster war?
6. What does Owney want to be when he is older?
7. How has Ruth's personal life changed by the Epilogue?
8. What is Ruth doing for a living in the Epilogue?
9. How did Stan and Angus become estranged for eight months?
10. How does Ruth's relationship with Lanford conclude in the Epilogue?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)