|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Kitty, who is the only one to be able to make a bride happy?
(b) Her maid of honor.
(c) Her groom.
2. When Ruth leaves Toby's room in Chapter 10, what does she wish she had declared to him?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That she is in love.
(c) That she is an atheist.
(d) That she is dying.
3. What does Ruth declare of Eddie in Chapter 8?
(a) He is an angry human being.
(b) He is a simpleton.
(c) He has more ambition than the president.
(d) He needs to be on a feeding schedule.
4. Where does Ruth find Owney in Chapter 11?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In the woods.
(c) By the shore.
(d) On the porch.
5. When does Stan visit the Pommeroys in Chapter 12?
(b) The end of November.
(c) The first week of November.
(d) The first of December.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Owney show Ruth near a tiny island in Chapter 7?
2. What had Ruth hoped of her first sexual partner?
3. What is Owney a natural at?
4. What does Simon want Ruth to get from Lanford in Chapter 8?
5. Why does Ruth call Stan a liar and a coward in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ruth doing for a living in the Epilogue?
2. What event is taking place in Chapter 10?
3. What do Stan and Ruth fight about in Chapter 12?
4. Why does Owney have hidden lobsters?
5. What does Owney want to be when he is older?
6. What are the other characters doing in the Epilogue?
7. How does Ruth feel about her sexual experience with Owney in Chapter 11?
8. What do Ruth and Toby say to one another on the topic of religion in Chapter 10?
9. What puts a stop to the last lobster war?
10. What do Ruth and Owney do in Chapter 11?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)