|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Owney do after working as Stan's sternman for two years?
(a) Works for Ruth.
(b) Buys a fiberglass boat and grows rich.
(c) Buys and sells shares.
(d) Travels on the mainland and attracts business to the islands.
2. What is Ruth most proud of in the epilogue?
(a) Learning to respect the Ellis'.
(b) Not letting the Ellises' drive her away.
(c) Her ambitions.
(d) Her family.
3. Where does Ruth find Owney in Chapter 11?
(a) By the shore.
(b) In the garden.
(c) On the porch.
(d) In the woods.
4. What is Owney a natural at?
5. Who does Ruth live with in July, August and early September of 1976?
Short Answer Questions
1. What smells horribly in Chapter 7?
2. What does Angus fill Courne Haven traps with?
3. What does Ruth declare of Eddie in Chapter 8?
4. What is Ruth's name by the summer of 1982?
5. What does Cal do as he drives Ruth back to Rockland in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Ruth and Owney go in Chapter 11?
2. What does Rhonda think of Mary?
3. Why is Kitty so out of sorts in Chapter 12?
4. Describe the drive to Rockland in Chapter 7.
5. What happens at the end of Chapter 11?
6. How does Ruth's relationship with Lanford conclude in the Epilogue?
7. What happens when Stan visits Ruth at Rhonda's in Chapter 12?
8. What does Rhonda and Mary hope for Ruth and her future?
9. What do Ruth and Lanford discuss in Chapter 10?
10. What does Owney want to be when he is older?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)