|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fagan do for a living?
(a) He is a potato farmer.
(b) He is a soldier.
(c) He is a lobster fisherman.
(d) He is a carpenter.
2. What does Ruth sell for $22,000?
(a) A car.
(b) Stan's house.
(c) The lighthouse lens.
(d) Her mother's wardrobe.
3. What is Ruth's name by the summer of 1982?
(a) Ruth Thomas- Ellis.
(b) Ruth Thomas- White.
(c) Ruth Thomas-Wishnell.
(d) Ruth Thomas- Pommeroy.
4. What does Ruth do for most of the fall of 1976?
(a) She studies.
(b) She saves up money.
(c) She dreams of Owney.
(d) She lays low.
5. What does Owney do after working as Stan's sternman for two years?
(a) Travels on the mainland and attracts business to the islands.
(b) Buys and sells shares.
(c) Works for Ruth.
(d) Buys a fiberglass boat and grows rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toby need before the small group can leave the dock in Chapter 7?
2. What isle's demise does Toby speak of in Chapter 10?
3. How is the third lobster war described as?
4. What is the name of the boat waiting for the group at the dock in Chapter 7?
5. Where do Ruth and Owney walk along the edge of in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ruth and Lanford discuss in Chapter 10?
2. What do Ruth and Toby say to one another on the topic of religion in Chapter 10?
3. What happens at the end of Chapter 11?
4. What is Ruth doing for a living in the Epilogue?
5. What does Owney want to be when he is older?
6. What does Rhonda think of Mary?
7. What does Ruth want for her future?
8. Describe the drive to Rockland in Chapter 7.
9. What puts a stop to the last lobster war?
10. How does Ruth's relationship with Lanford conclude in the Epilogue?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)