|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Ebbett have?
2. Where do Stan and Mary get married?
(a) In New York City.
(b) On the wharf.
(c) At Ellis House.
(d) In Stan's livingroom.
3. When did the Clarice Monroe sink?
4. What produces a distinctive population on these islands?
(a) A native race that resides only on these islands.
(b) The intermarriage among the Scottish and the Irish.
(c) The intermarriage among the Germans and the Japanese.
(d) The settlers did not and have not married outside their race.
5. Who is Angus responsible for looking after?
(a) No one.
(b) His senile mother.
(c) His brother and cookie.
(d) His daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Lanford's yacht?
2. What has Simon planned to open for a long time?
3. Why doesn't Simon attend the funeral in Chapter 1?
4. What does Ruth say to her mother when she sees her at the end of Chapter 5?
5. Who officiates the wedding of Stan and Mary?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mary? What does the reader learn of Mary's past in Chapter 4?
2. What do Ruth, Cal and Toby talk about while on the New Hope in Chapter 5?
3. What does Simon think of Lanford?
4. What does Ruth think of Angus?
5. What nationalities have married one another to create a distinctive population on these islands?
6. How does Simon try to help Rhonda in Chapter 1?
7. What do Simon and Ruth talk about as they watch Webster in Chapter 2?
8. What does Ruth think of Vera?
9. What happens in Chapter 4 when Ruth tells Stan and Angus about the money Lanford gave her?
10. Describe Ruth's childhood as described in Chapter 1.
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)