|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Stan and Mary get married?
(a) In Stan's livingroom.
(b) On the wharf.
(c) In New York City.
(d) At Ellis House.
2. Who is Kitty married to?
3. Why does Simon tell Rhonda not to sell her husband's boat and gear?
(a) The boat is too old to be used.
(b) He wants it for himself.
(c) It would be the same as selling her sons' futures.
(d) She should make use if it instead.
4. Who's quarries can be found on Courne Haven?
(a) Dr. Julius Esby's.
(b) Dr. Jeb Everton's.
(c) Dr. James Eton's.
(d) Dr. Jules Ellis'.
5. What state are Fort Niles and Courne Haven islands off the coast of?
(c) New Hampshire.
(d) Rhode Island.
6. When did the Clarice Monroe sink?
7. Who is described as being an aggressive lobsterman?
8. When was Ruth's grandmother adopted?
9. What does Ruth write to Mary about in Chapter 2?
(a) How she hates being home.
(c) The relief she feels at being home.
(d) How she wishes she were wealthy so she could travel the world.
10. Who does Ruth find drinking with Angus in Chapter 4?
(a) Her father.
11. Who is Senator Simon Adams' twin?
12. In what month do Stan and Mary marry?
13. If Ebbett had lived long enough, how would he have felt about Ruth?
(a) He would have hated her.
(b) He would have found her quite perplexing.
(c) He would have admired her.
(d) He would have liked her.
14. Which of the following do Fort Niles and Courne Haven have in common?
(a) Community leaders.
(c) Island shape and size.
15. Why do the islanders shun Ruth?
(a) Because of her bad attitude.
(b) Because of her ancestry.
(c) Because of her strange appearance.
(d) Because of her education.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Toby believe is Ruth's father in Chapter 5?
2. Why does Angus decide not to hire Ruth as a sternman in Chapter 4?
3. Who is Edith?
4. What is noted about Lanford's eyes when Ruth sees him at the end of Chapter 3?
5. How many children does Ebbett have?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)