|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Conway make a living?
(a) He sells timber to manufacturers up north.
(b) He lives on disability after being discharged from the Navy.
(c) He lives off his parents' fortunes.
(d) He builds furniture for merchants on the mainland.
2. What does Vera think of Mary's marriage?
(a) She feels indifferently towards the idea.
(b) She is very satisfied with the union.
(c) She disapproves.
(d) She accepts the idea after some time.
3. If Ebbett had lived long enough, how would he have felt about Ruth?
(a) He would have liked her.
(b) He would have admired her.
(c) He would have found her quite perplexing.
(d) He would have hated her.
4. What road do Simon, Webster and Ruth walk down at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Lanford Road.
(b) Ellis Road.
(c) Fort Niles Road.
(d) Courne Haven Road.
5. What question does Simon often ask Ruth?
(a) Whether her mom will visit.
(b) If she has a boyfriend.
(c) What her future goals are.
(d) How her father's business is doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Senator Simon Adams deliver in Chapter 1?
2. How many sons do the Pommeroys have?
3. Who does not contribute to the distinctive population?
4. What are the Cobbs debating with Rhonda when Ruth arrives in Chapter 8?
5. How many children does Ebbett have?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)