|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who officiates the funeral in Chapter 1?
(a) Ruth's father.
(b) Mrs. Pommeroy.
(c) Pastor Toby Wishnell.
(d) The father of the deceased.
2. Who does Ruth stay with when her parents go away for a short time in Chapter 1?
(a) The Pommeroys.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) She is left alone.
3. Where does Mary live?
(a) Brookfield, New Hampshire.
(b) Laconia, New Hampshire.
(c) Concord, New Hampshire.
(d) Rochester, New Hampshire.
4. Who tells Stan all about Mary's history in Chapter 6?
5. What does Toby need before the small group can leave the dock in Chapter 7?
(a) A few moments alone with Ruth.
(d) A bathroom break.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ruth's first word?
2. What is the name of the store that remains in Chapter 3?
3. What are the Cobbs debating with Rhonda when Ruth arrives in Chapter 8?
4. What does Lanford give Mary as a token of thirty years of service?
5. What state are Fort Niles and Courne Haven islands off the coast of?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)