|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ruth's first word?
2. When do the men on the islands go to war?
(a) From 1876 to 1904.
(b) From 1902 to 1913.
(c) From 1905 to 1907.
(d) From 1914 to 1934.
3. Who are Gloria and Kitty?
(a) Rhonda's sisters.
(b) Ruth's niece's.
(c) Ruth's school friends.
(d) Mary's aunts.
4. Why had Mary always been treated with suspicion by the islanders?
(a) Because she was far smarter than the islanders.
(b) Because she was an orphan and an immigrant.
(c) Because she often told lies as a child.
(d) Because she was rude and cold towards them.
5. What has Simon planned to open for a long time?
(a) Fort Niles Museum of Natural History.
(b) Fort Niles Museum of Technology.
(c) Fort Niles Museum of Shipping and Fishing Vessels.
(d) Fort Niles Museum of Art History.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mary?
2. What does Stan not care about when it comes to Ruth?
3. Who is Cal Cooley?
4. What does Ruth do during her summers in Chapter 2?
5. Why do the islanders shun Ruth?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)