|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as being an aggressive lobsterman?
2. Who does not contribute to the distinctive population?
(a) The English that oversee the workmen.
(b) The Italians working on Fort Niles.
(c) The French that live along the coast.
(d) The Spanish who spend their summers on the islands.
3. Who does Ruth find drinking with Angus in Chapter 4?
(a) Her father.
4. How old is Lanford Ellis in Chapter 3?
(a) Eighty-one years old.
(b) Ninety- four years old.
(c) Eighty-six years old.
(d) Seventy-nine years old.
5. What does Ebbett Thomas not do that the other men do?
(a) Go to war.
(b) Leave for the mainland.
(c) Get married.
(d) Blame the overseers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Ebbett's sons?
2. What is Cal polishing when Ruth and the others approach him in Chapter 3?
3. To what type of establishment is Ruth sent unwillingly in Chapter 2?
4. Who does Ruth search for after leaving Ellis House?
5. How does Stan anger Angus in Chapter 4?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)