|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does not contribute to the distinctive population?
(a) The Spanish who spend their summers on the islands.
(b) The French that live along the coast.
(c) The Italians working on Fort Niles.
(d) The English that oversee the workmen.
2. Who is Senator Simon Adams' twin?
3. What does Simon bring the Pommeroys in Chapter 1?
(a) A casserole.
(b) A book and some rum.
(c) A new radio.
(d) Some wine and cheese.
4. What does Ebbett do during the war years?
(a) He hides his boat and gear.
(b) He builds houses.
(c) He sleeps and listens to the radio all day.
(d) He writes letters to his old sweetheart.
5. Who builds a coffin in Chapter 1?
(b) Ruth's grandfather.
(c) Ruth's father.
(d) The Pommeroys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduces Swedish traits into the population?
2. Why does Simon tell Rhonda not to sell her husband's boat and gear?
3. Who officiates the funeral in Chapter 1?
4. How many children does Ebbett have?
5. What does Ruth like to do as a child?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)