|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ebbett Thomas not do that the other men do?
(a) Blame the overseers.
(b) Go to war.
(c) Get married.
(d) Leave for the mainland.
2. If Ebbett had lived long enough, how would he have felt about Ruth?
(a) He would have admired her.
(b) He would have hated her.
(c) He would have found her quite perplexing.
(d) He would have liked her.
3. What produces a distinctive population on these islands?
(a) The intermarriage among the Germans and the Japanese.
(b) A native race that resides only on these islands.
(c) The intermarriage among the Scottish and the Irish.
(d) The settlers did not and have not married outside their race.
4. What do younger lobstermen tend to be?
5. What does Vera think of Mary's marriage?
(a) She is very satisfied with the union.
(b) She accepts the idea after some time.
(c) She disapproves.
(d) She feels indifferently towards the idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Toby believe is Ruth's father in Chapter 5?
2. What does Ruth say to her mother when she sees her at the end of Chapter 5?
3. Who ends up in a coma after a fight in Wayside Hotel bar in Rockland?
4. What does Toby need before the small group can leave the dock in Chapter 7?
5. What do older lobstermen tend to be?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)