|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is noted about Lanford's eyes when Ruth sees him at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) They are swimming in tears.
(b) They are bright and cheery.
(c) They are sleepy.
(d) They are bloodshot.
2. What does Vera never want Mary to do?
(a) Get married.
(b) Leave the island.
(c) See Ruth again.
(d) Forget her place.
3. What is the name of Lanford's home?
(a) Ellis House.
(b) Lobster Home.
(c) Fort Niles Place.
(d) Courne Haven Row.
4. What question does Simon often ask Ruth?
(a) How her father's business is doing.
(b) Whether her mom will visit.
(c) If she has a boyfriend.
(d) What her future goals are.
5. Where does Rhonda set up a temporary salon in Chapter 10?
(a) In the back garden of Toby's house.
(b) In an abandoned factory.
(c) At Ruth's house.
(d) In her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the quarries on the islands filled with?
2. What is Mary doing when she meets Stan Thomas?
3. How do the locals feel about the Ellises?
4. Who officiates the wedding of Stan and Mary?
5. According to Kitty, who is the only one to be able to make a bride happy?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)