|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What messenger service does Duoar use hen he uses a rented house?
2. How do Lia and Charlie travel back to the U.S at the end of the novel?
3. How does Dean hear about the attack on the Eiffel Tower?
4. Where are the bombs placed at the Eiffel Tower?
5. Who gets Dean and Lia to a hospital after the second tunnel explosion?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the end, what does the NSA learn about the tunnel explosion and how do they gauge the size of the explosion?
2. Why is Donohue concerned to see Duoar on the train?
3. When does Lia meet Donohue face to face? What happens in their meeting?
4. How do Dean and Lia lose track of Donohue once they spot him on the train?
5. How does the train staff communicate with the train? What does communication with it indicate after the first train bomb?
6. Why should the French president believe the American intelligence regarding the possible attack on the Eurostar?
7. Why does Dean follow Donohue after Ponclare is shot?
8. What happens to the first section of the train after the initial bomb goes off on the train?
9. What choice does Duoar ponder when he and Ahmed are in the engine? What does he decide?
10. What information does the priest offer to Karr?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's writing experience and his successes with this book and others.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Dean and Karr as major characters.
Essay Topic 3
Write a character description of Lia. Was she a major character or minor one? Support your answer with specific evidence form the story and be sure to include definitions of major and minor character.
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)