|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time was actually set on the bomb?
2. Who vows to kill Duoar?
3. Who explains over the phone how to separate the bomb?
4. Who wants to make Ponclare look like a traitor?
5. Who does the bank account which is strangely identified belong to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the NSA determine that the bigger terrorist attack will be on the Chunnel?
2. How do Lia and Dean escape from the tunnel after the explosion? What challenges do they face as they attempt escape?
3. What information does the priest offer to Karr?
4. Who advises Lia that there is a nuclear warhead on the train and how is she supposed to defuse it?
5. What choice does Duoar ponder when he and Ahmed are in the engine? What does he decide?
6. What evidence does Johnny Bib offer regarding a possible explosion planned for the Eiffel Tower?
7. Why should the French president believe the American intelligence regarding the possible attack on the Eurostar?
8. When does Lia meet Donohue face to face? What happens in their meeting?
9. What challenge does Duoar's plan for the train face at the very beginning?
10. What is unusual about the two policemen who descend from the top of the Eiffel Tower?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name and define the five types of conflict. Which conflict is predominant in this novel? Explain the conflict in detail, using both the definition and examples from Deep Black.
Essay Topic 2
Write a character description of Lia. Was she a major character or minor one? Support your answer with specific evidence form the story and be sure to include definitions of major and minor character.
Essay Topic 3
What interests and experiences of the author's own life might be drawn upon for inspiration in Deep Black? Explain your answers, giving an overview of the author's life.
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)