|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what scale is the magnitude of the second tunnel explosion expressed?
2. Who is wearing a train porter's uniform when secret agents board the Chunnel?
3. What landmark was blocked due to the President's arrival in Paris?
4. Why is Duoar surprised to see Donohue on the train?
5. Who will meet Donohue and give him a passport?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Duoar want revenge on Ponclare?
2. Why is Donohue concerned to see Duoar on the train?
3. What choice does Duoar ponder when he and Ahmed are in the engine? What does he decide?
4. What challenge does Duoar's plan for the train face at the very beginning?
5. Why is there so much time that passes between when the bomb is set and when it finally explodes? Exactly how much time passes?
6. In the end, what does the NSA learn about the tunnel explosion and how do they gauge the size of the explosion?
7. What is Ahmed's misconception?
8. What information does the priest offer to Karr?
9. Who advises Lia that there is a nuclear warhead on the train and how is she supposed to defuse it?
10. How do Dean and Lia lose track of Donohue once they spot him on the train?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually happens. There are three types of irony: verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two examples of irony in the book. Which type of irony is it? What is expected and what actually occurs with your examples?
Essay Topic 2
What is a genre? Discuss both the genre and sub-genre categories that best describe Deep Black.
Essay Topic 3
What interests and experiences of the author's own life might be drawn upon for inspiration in Deep Black? Explain your answers, giving an overview of the author's life.
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)