|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who knocked a man out and took his rifle in the Islamic charity?
2. What business of Mussa Duoar is being discussed in the White House situation room following Karr's first visit to LaFoote's home?
3. Which officer gives Dean information about the murdered man?
4. Who lives in a nursing home?
5. Why does Duoar kill the engineer who studies wave technology?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly discuss the little known revolt of French generals in Algeria. Why is it significant in this story?
2. Why does Mussa Duoar want LaFoote killed?
3. What do Dean and Lia plan to do once the library closes?
4. How do Karr and Dean find out who the girl was whose purse he retrieved and who was she?
5. Explain how Johnny and his crew search for codes sent by terrorists on computers.
6. What does the man who grabs a phone device from the Islamic charity office do?
7. Why does Lia think she is directed to two soldiers who want to see her? What happens instead?
8. What does Lia do when a guard pulls a gun on her when she leaves the restroom?
9. What is the main function of the Islamic charity that Lia is assigned to and what is its cover?
10. What do Karr and LaFoot do when two other men approach Vefoures's house after the police have gone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Dean and Karr as major characters.
Essay Topic 2
Identify and discuss three points of foreshadowing from the novel. Did the author use foreshadowing effectively? Define foreshadowing in your essay as well.
Essay Topic 3
What is a genre? Discuss both the genre and sub-genre categories that best describe Deep Black.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)