|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Karr and LaFoote agree to meet when they leave Vefoures's house?
2. What is the name of the chemist who disappears?
3. Who tells Karr that he sent Kensworth?
4. What distraction allows Dean and Lia to almost complete their mission in the library?
5. Where are the Russians taking Lia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Dean and Lia plan to do once the library closes?
2. How do Duoar's people prepare his blue van?
3. How does LaFoote use the CDs found in Vefoures's cottage as leverage with Karr?
4. Why don't Dean and Karr meet their first contact?
5. How do the French terrorists use other people's computers and how do the terrorists pass messages to each other?
6. Why does Lia have a "minder" during her stay in North Korea?
7. What do police say is the official cause of the fire at Vefoures's home?
8. When Mussa Duoar meets Donohue about the Ponclare job, what is Duoar's disguise? What is unique about Duoar regarding disguise?
9. What was the scene at Waterloo Station?
10. While sightseeing in Paris with Deidre, what information does Karr learn about Vefoures?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a series? What is a sequel? How does a series differ from a sequel?
Essay Topic 2
Define exposition and discuss the exposition of this novel. What does the reader learn from the exposition in Deep Black? Is the information consistent throughout the book or does it change? Explain your answer and reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between conflict and crisis in a novel? How are they similar? Also relate the differences and similarities specifically to Deep Black.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)