|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Art Room tell Karr to leave LaFoote's house?
2. What is the original purpose of Duoar's warehouse?
3. Where do Karr and LaFoote find the items in Vefoures's house?
4. What does Dean want to do when Lia is on her flight out of Morocco?
5. What time do Dean and Lia arrive at the library?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Duoar's people prepare his blue van?
2. What leads Johnny and the NSA to consider that terrorists might be planning to bomb the Eiffel Tower?
3. Briefly describe the woman whose purse gets snatched.
4. Briefly discuss the little known revolt of French generals in Algeria. Why is it significant in this story?
5. Why do the American authorities debate over whether or not to inform the French about their suspicions regarding potential terrorist activity?
6. How do Karr and Dean find out who the girl was whose purse he retrieved and who was she?
7. Why does Mussa Duoar want LaFoote killed?
8. What causes Vefoures's farmhouse to explode?
9. When Karr changes Deidre's travel plans, who is following him and why?
10. How does LaFoote use the CDs found in Vefoures's cottage as leverage with Karr?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify and discuss three points of foreshadowing from the novel. Did the author use foreshadowing effectively? Define foreshadowing in your essay as well.
Essay Topic 2
What is a series? What is a sequel? How does a series differ from a sequel?
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between tone and mood? What was the tone of this novel? What was the mood of it? Was it consistent throughout or did it vary? Define the terms tone and mood and use examples from the text to support your thoughts.
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)