|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wolten want to know from Karr and Dean as he takes them outside of London?
(a) Their relationship to Lia.
(b) How Kensworth was murdered.
(c) Why they are there.
(d) Who Kensworth is.
2. Who is the victim of the crime Karr and Dean witness in the first chapter?
(a) A beautiful woman.
(b) The daughter of royalty.
(c) An elderly bank teller.
(d) A governmental office.
3. Who grabs Karr and Dean in the Waterloo terminal?
(b) A spy.
4. Who picks Karr for a body guard?
5. Who lives in a nursing home?
(a) Gen. Hightower.
(b) Gen. Highsmith.
(c) Gen. Rosenbaum.
(d) Gen. Rosenberg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Karr visit to look for additional information about LaFoote?
2. What is found on one computer used by the French terrorists that had been wiped?
3. What does Dean want to do when Lia is on her flight out of Morocco?
4. Who plans to blow up the English Channel tunnel?
5. Who pulls a gun on Lia in the Islamic charity?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mussa Duoar meets Donohue about the Ponclare job, what is Duoar's disguise? What is unique about Duoar regarding disguise?
2. Explain what happens when Lia and Dean arrive at the French library.
3. How do Karr and Dean find out who the girl was whose purse he retrieved and who was she?
4. Why do the American authorities debate over whether or not to inform the French about their suspicions regarding potential terrorist activity?
5. Why does Mussa Duoar want LaFoote killed?
6. What do Karr and the French inspector learn from Kensworth's sister?
7. What do LaFoote and Karr hope to find in the rubble of Vefoures's house?
8. Who hired Kensworth and why?
9. Briefly discuss the little known revolt of French generals in Algeria. Why is it significant in this story?
10. Why does Lia have a "minder" during her stay in North Korea?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)