|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the French terrorists pass messages?
(a) Internet chat.
(b) Radio airwaves.
(c) Morse code.
(d) Through a weather website.
2. Why does the Art Room tell Karr to leave LaFoote's house?
(a) Because one of LaFoote's relatives is coming.
(b) Because LaFoote is irrelevant.
(c) Because he is needed elsewhere.
(d) Because a terrorist is lurking.
3. Under what condition does Duoar agree to pay double to the assassin?
(a) The assassin must this time kill LaFoote.
(b) The assassin must help load the explosives.
(c) The assassin must kill a person in Morocco.
(d) The assassin must kill six more people first.
4. Where does Wolten take Karr and Dean?
(a) To the Eiffel Tower.
(b) To a cottage.
(c) To the murder scene.
(d) To Lia.
5. Where do Karr and LaFoote agree to meet when they leave Vefoures's house?
(a) At the Eiffel Tower.
(b) Gare du Nord.
(c) In London.
(d) At the same place.
6. Who lives in a nursing home?
(a) Gen. Hightower.
(b) Gen. Highsmith.
(c) Gen. Rosenbaum.
(d) Gen. Rosenberg.
7. Who does Rubens call for help when Karr and Dean are being questioned by police?
(b) Russian authorities.
(c) Inspector Lang.
(d) The American Ambassador.
8. Why are the Russians taking Lia?
(a) They were paid to rescue her from North Korea.
(b) To put her on trial in their country.
(c) As a good will measure with the U.S.
(d) To send her to a concentration camp.
9. Who has dinner with the librarian after the spilled coffee incident?
(b) The suspicous man.
10. Whose daughter is going to travel to Paris?
11. Why doesn't the assassin want to kill Jacques Ponclare?
(a) He moves too quickly and is not an easy target.
(b) It is his cousin.
(c) He doesn't do jobs in Paris.
(d) He likes the man.
12. Who is killed by suffocation?
13. What update from headquarters does Dean receive about the chemist who disappeared?
(a) That he did not work for the French government.
(b) That he is alive and well in Paris.
(c) That he was a confirmed terrorist.
(d) That he was really a woman.
14. Why does Duoar kill the engineer who studies wave technology?
(a) He asks too many questions.
(b) He threatens to tell.
(c) He asks to be paid.
(d) He gives Duoar false information.
15. What does Dean want to do when Lia is on her flight out of Morocco?
(a) Meet Karr for dinner.
(b) Further investigate the Islamic building.
(c) Return to Paris.
(d) Take a vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Karr and LaFoote find the items in Vefoures's house?
2. Who pulls a gun on Lia in the Islamic charity?
3. In the beginning of the story, why is the messenger scheduled to meet Karr and Dean late?
4. What potential target does the agency initially think terrorists plan to strike?
5. Where was the murdered man hired?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)