• The book opens with Charles Dean and his partner, Tommy Karr, riding separately on a bus.
• Dean and Karr see a beautiful woman being robbed. Both run to help the woman.
• Karr catches the thief and returns the purse to the woman.
• Karr and Dean decide to have coffee while waiting for their afternoon meeting.
• In Paris, an engineer is explaining the activity on a computer screen to Mussa Duoar.
• The technician demonstrates how an explosion causing the collapse of the tunnel under the English Channel will result in a wall of water hitting the shoreline. The water would flood Belgium, The Netherlands, and most of the French coast.
• The engineer asks to be paid and Duoar kills him.
• William Rubens, the head of the NSA Desk Three, stops at the nursing home on his way to work to see General John Paul Rosenberg, who had...
This section contains 6,259 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)