|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Tusker and Lucy stay during the war?
2. Ibrahim recalls another time when Tusker fell ill. Where was Tusker when this happened?
3. Where did Mr. Bhoolabhoy find Joseph?
4. Why does Mr. Bhoolabhoy like to drink with Tusker? What does Tusker know?
5. Who is married to Mr. Perron?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tusker know that he is not hallucinating the mali? What does he decide to do about it?
2. Tusker is found dead with the letter in his hand. What role does Dr. Mitra play in how the letter is handled?
3. How did Tusker mark Lucy in India as a woman who had to work?
4. Why do you think Joseph left Rampur and the sisters?
5. After Tusker dies, who offers Lucy a home? Why is this important? What does this say about Lucy's customs all along?
6. What does Ibrahim dress in when Col. and Mrs. Smalley are guests at the Pankot Rifles Mess? What is this a symbol of?
7. Why does Mr. Bhoolabhoy not want Lucy to speak to Mrs. Bhoolabhoy if they run into each other at the club? What is he hiding?
8. Describe Mr. Bhoolabhoy's vision of the future for his hotel. How does the news about the Nansera Valley Development affect his views?
9. After Lucy's encounter with Mrs. Bhoolabhoy in the dining room, what is Lucy's attitude when she returns home? What does she decide to do?
10. What noise does Mr. Bhoolabhoy hear when he imagines the church yard is being bulldozed? What does it turn out to be?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Lucy talks to Mr. Turner in her imagination, what is the author saying? Is something wrong with Lucy? If so, what? If not, what?
Essay Topic 2
Descibe the Christian symbols as related to Joseph.
Essay Topic 3
What is the symbolism of Ibrahim never being able to see the end of the movies?
This section contains 1,426 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)