|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ibrahim clean in Lucy's room for her?
2. Who is Lucy's favorite singer?
3. What are the Smalleys the last survivors of?
4. How did Ibrahim get into the movies when he was young?
5. Where did Tusker and Lucy live until 1949?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the incident on the train. What was the origin of the violence?
2. What does Mr. Bhoolabhoy think of Lucy? How does he view her? Do you think Lucy has any idea of how others view her?
3. Why do you think Joseph left Rampur and the sisters?
4. As the new mali, Joseph, works, everyone acts as if he isn't there. What does each character gain from this behavior?
5. Why does Ibrahim not like the doctor? Name at least 3 reasons
6. How often is Ibrahim fired and why?
7. What are the issues for Lucy and Ibrahim in hiring a new mali?
8. How does Tusker know that he is not hallucinating the mali? What does he decide to do about it?
9. What did Ibrahim do to care for Tusker through the night the first time Tusker fell ill?
10. How do you think it made Ibrahim feel to never see the endings of the movies? What do you think his reaction was years later when he saw the endings in England?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Lucy see herself as a tourist attraction? What does she imagine that she and Tusker should be doing when visitors come to add to the expectation? What is so different about Lucy and Tusker that people would travel to meet them?
Essay Topic 2
How did Tusker and Lucy end up being the last English residents in India? What was Tusker's plan?
Essay Topic 3
How does Ibrahim describe the family that his father worked for? What happened when they returned to England in 1947? What happened when his father asked about employment for his son? Why do you think this was the outcome?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)