Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucy remember about her twin brother being mean to her?
2. Where do the Smalleys usually eat?
3. What rank was Tusker in the armed forces?
4. Why does Mr. Bhoolabhoy like to drink with Tusker? What does Tusker know?
5. Who does Pastor Steven bring with him one Sunday morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tusker mark Lucy in India as a woman who had to work?
2. Describe the incident on the train. What was the origin of the violence?
3. How do you think it made Ibrahim feel to never see the endings of the movies? What do you think his reaction was years later when he saw the endings in England?
4. As the new mali, Joseph, works, everyone acts as if he isn't there. What does each character gain from this behavior?
5. What makes Mr. Bhoolabhoy feel left out at the church? Is he right to have these feelings? Why or why not?
6. What does Lucy think when Mr. Bhoolabhoy stalls her from leaving the church?
7. Tusker is found dead with the letter in his hand. What role does Dr. Mitra play in how the letter is handled?
8. Lucy regrets inviting Susy to dinner with Father Sebastian. Why?
9. How often is Ibrahim fired and why?
10. What noise does Mr. Bhoolabhoy hear when he imagines the church yard is being bulldozed? What does it turn out to be?
Essay Topic 1
When Lucy talks to Mr. Turner in her imagination, what is the author saying? Is something wrong with Lucy? If so, what? If not, what?
Essay Topic 2
Why can Lucy no longer trust Tusker? What happened in their past that leaves Lucy feeling alone?
Essay Topic 3
How did Tusker and Lucy end up being the last English residents in India? What was Tusker's plan?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)