|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lucy enjoy returning to Rose Cottage?
(a) She likes the garden.
(b) She remembers good times there.
(c) She wants to live there again.
(d) She thinks the home is historic.
2. What day of the week is Mr. Bhoolabhoy going to write the letter?
3. In her imaginary conversation with Mr. Turner, what does Lucy tell him when they reach the top of the hill that overlooks Pankot?
(a) She's leaving Tusker.
(b) She dyes her hair.
(c) She could never be happy here.
(d) She points out the sights like the bazaar, the church and Rose Cottage.
4. When Mr. Bhoolabhoy is trying to stall Lucy from leaving the churchyard, what does Lucy think?
(a) He's talkative.
(b) He's tired.
(c) He's flirting with her.
(d) He's lonely.
5. After reading the letter, Lucy goes to bed. Whose voices does she hear later in the evening?
(a) Dr. and Mrs. Mitra.
(b) Father Sebastian and Susy.
(d) Mrs. Bhoolabhoy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Tusker and Lucy home after the holiday party?
2. What does Tusker do to embarrass his wife when he attends church on Easter?
3. Who was Lucy's friend where she worked in England?
4. After Tusker's death, what does Lucy retrieve from the kitchen in the middle of the night?
5. What kind of wedding did Lucy imagine with Tusker?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lucy respond to Tusker when she returns home and wants to get Chicken Paulo for lunch?
2. What does Tusker do at the Holi party? What is Lucy's reaction to his behavior?
3. In Chapter 15, Ibrahim finally tells the reader what he thinks about Tusker. How does he feel about his employer?
4. Tusker is found dead with the letter in his hand. What role does Dr. Mitra play in how the letter is handled?
5. Who was Toole? Why does Lucy constantly compare other men to him? Why is he important?
6. Why does Mr. Bhoolabhoy not want to give the letter to Tusker? What is he afraid will happen?
7. Lucy regrets inviting Susy to dinner with Father Sebastian. Why?
8. Why does Mr. Bhoolabhoy not want Lucy to speak to Mrs. Bhoolabhoy if they run into each other at the club? What is he hiding?
9. Why is Lucy concerned about whether Joseph speaks English? What does she try to teach Joseph about the gravestones?
10. How did Lucy like living in Mudpore? What about the time and the city interested her?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)