|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Tusker dies, Lucy is sitting on the loo and remembers that she must call someone. Who?
(a) Mrs. Layton.
(b) Mrs. Bhoolabhoy.
(c) Mr. Turner.
2. What does Lucy tell the imaginary Mr. Turner what she thought when she first saw the valley?
(a) That she was sad.
(b) That she could be happy there.
(c) That she wanted to go home.
(d) That she hates Tusker.
3. How does Tusker describe his own behavior in the letter to Lucy?
(a) He accuses her of having an affair.
(b) He blames her for his behavior.
(c) The longest male menopause ever.
(d) He defends his behavior.
4. What does Tusker do at the holiday party that embarrasses his wife?
(a) He slides down a hill.
(b) He falls on another woman at the party.
(c) He falls, is pushed over a table and breaks a glass.
(d) He falls down a flight of stairs.
5. What kind of mood is Tusker in on his birthday?
(a) He fired Ibrahim.
(c) A bad mood.
(d) A good mood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Lucy go to have Susy do her hair?
2. Who pays the mali?
3. What does Mrs. Bhoolabhoy do in front of the servants during an argument with her husband?
4. What does Lucy think of Tusker's letter to her?
5. How does Father Sebastian repair the organ at church?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Mr. Bhoolabhoy feel left out at the church? Is he right to have these feelings? Why or why not?
2. As Lucy and Ibrahim discuss Father Sebastian's meal, Lucy at one point reminds Ibrahim who is in charge of the mali. What is happening here?
3. What mood is Tusker in on his birthday? How long does his mood last?
4. Why does Mr. Bhoolabhoy not want Lucy to speak to Mrs. Bhoolabhoy if they run into each other at the club? What is he hiding?
5. Describe Tusker's behavior after he talked on the phone with Mr. Turner.
6. After Lucy's encounter with Mrs. Bhoolabhoy in the dining room, what is Lucy's attitude when she returns home? What does she decide to do?
7. Why is Mr. Bhoolabhoy upset with his wife on the morning of April 23rd? What do her actions imply?
8. What is the financial situation for Lucy after Tusker dies? Why is she explaining this to Mr. Turner?
9. After Tusker dies, who offers Lucy a home? Why is this important? What does this say about Lucy's customs all along?
10. How does Lucy describe the valley to the imaginary Mr. Turner? What does she say about the first time she saw the valley?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)