|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his argument with his wife, Mr. Bhoolabhoy heads to the church. Where does he stop first?
(a) The bazaar to get a new shaving stick.
(b) To buy flowers for the church.
(c) To Lucy's to see if she needs a ride.
(d) The photographer's.
2. Why does Father Sebastian not tell Mr. Bhoolabhoy about the organ?
(a) He wanted to show off in front of Susy.
(b) He wanted him to know that he'd failed.
(c) He wanted to surprise him.
(d) He wanted to embarrass him.
3. Who is having a holiday party just before Easter?
(a) The Bhoolabhoys.
(b) The Smalleys.
(c) Father Sebastian and Susy.
(d) The Menektaras.
4. After Tusker's death, what does Lucy retrieve from the kitchen in the middle of the night?
5. After Tusker dies, Lucy is sitting on the loo and remembers that she must call someone. Who?
(a) Mrs. Layton.
(b) Mrs. Bhoolabhoy.
(d) Mr. Turner.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Lucy think Tusker's personality changed?
2. What does Mr. Bhoolabhoy think the letter will do to Tusker?
3. While Mr. Bhoolabhoy is praying, he hears a noise that makes him imagine something. What is he imagining?
4. What is Lucy riding in as she leaves the churchyard?
5. What does Lucy think of Tusker's letter to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lucy like living in Mudpore? What about the time and the city interested her?
2. Who was Toole? Why does Lucy constantly compare other men to him? Why is he important?
3. Why does Mr. Bhoolabhoy not want Lucy to speak to Mrs. Bhoolabhoy if they run into each other at the club? What is he hiding?
4. After Tusker dies, Lucy must figure out what to do when Mr. Turner comes for his visit. What is her decision and what does this tell us about Lucy?
5. What is the financial situation for Lucy after Tusker dies? Why is she explaining this to Mr. Turner?
6. What makes Mr. Bhoolabhoy feel left out at the church? Is he right to have these feelings? Why or why not?
7. What noise does Mr. Bhoolabhoy hear when he imagines the church yard is being bulldozed? What does it turn out to be?
8. Describe Tusker's behavior after he talked on the phone with Mr. Turner.
9. Lucy regrets inviting Susy to dinner with Father Sebastian. Why?
10. Why is Lucy concerned about whether Joseph speaks English? What does she try to teach Joseph about the gravestones?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)