|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The night before the dinner for Father Sebastian, what is Lucy going to fix for dinner?
(d) Chicken curry.
2. After their walk in the graveyard, where does Lucy tell Mr. Bhoolabhoy that she is going to lunch?
(a) At home.
(b) At Smith's dining room.
(c) At the Shiraz.
(d) At the club.
3. How many will be at the dinner for Father Sebastian?
4. What kind of mood is Tusker in on his birthday?
(a) He fired Ibrahim.
(c) A good mood.
(d) A bad mood.
5. Tusker was offered compensation to stay in India. What did he do with the money?
(a) Took a trip around the world.
(b) Took Lucy to England.
(c) Saved it.
(d) Took a trip around India.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Lucy think Tusker's personality changed?
2. What does Mrs. Bhoolabhoy accuse Joseph of?
3. What year did Tusker retire?
4. Lucy returns home and is very hungry and wants Chicken Paulo, but Tusker wants something else. What does Tusker want to eat for lunch?
5. When Susy needs to tell Lucy that Tusker has died, what does she bring her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Lucy regrets inviting Susy to dinner with Father Sebastian. Why?
2. What does Lucy think when Mr. Bhoolabhoy stalls her from leaving the church?
3. What mood is Tusker in on his birthday? How long does his mood last?
4. Why is Mr. Bhoolabhoy upset with his wife on the morning of April 23rd? What do her actions imply?
5. What is in the letter that Tusker wrote to Lucy that makes her think it is a love letter?
6. After Tusker dies, Lucy must figure out what to do when Mr. Turner comes for his visit. What is her decision and what does this tell us about Lucy?
7. What did Tusker do at the time of the "debacle?"
8. In Chapter 15, Ibrahim finally tells the reader what he thinks about Tusker. How does he feel about his employer?
9. Why does Mr. Bhoolabhoy not want to give the letter to Tusker? What is he afraid will happen?
10. After Lucy's encounter with Mrs. Bhoolabhoy in the dining room, what is Lucy's attitude when she returns home? What does she decide to do?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)