|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tusker wish to be buried?
(a) At the old church.
(b) In Ranpur.
(c) At Pankot Rifles.
(d) In England.
2. What do Lucy and Tusker drink before they retire for the evening?
(a) Hot cocoa.
(b) Orange Juice.
3. What does Mr. Thomas do for a living?
(a) He manages the new Electric Cinema.
(b) He is the new preacher.
(c) He runs a hairdressing shop in the Bazaar.
(d) He tends the graveyard.
4. How did Ibrahim get into the movies when he was young?
(a) He would buy a ticket.
(b) He would sneak in with the driver.
(c) He never went to the movies as a child.
(d) He would sneak in with his brother and hide in the balcony.
5. What city did Tusker get in trouble with the police?
(d) New Delhi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lucy angry that Tusker told people how they met?
2. What does Tusker say happened to the actress years later?
3. How long does Ibrahim tell Joseph that the Smalleys have been in India?
4. The morning the letter is delivered, who is missing?
5. What movie does Lucy go to see the evening Tusker and Mr. Bhoolabhoy are visiting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lucy think that she cannot trust Tusker anymore? Is it clear to the reader what happened?
2. Why does Tusker cry in the bathroom?
3. What does Mr. Bhoolabhoy think of Lucy? How does he view her? Do you think Lucy has any idea of how others view her?
4. Why does Ibrahim not like the doctor? Name at least 3 reasons
5. How does Tusker know that he is not hallucinating the mali? What does he decide to do about it?
6. What do you think is Tusker's past concerning drinking and the police?
7. What does it say about Tusker and Lucy's ability to communicate when neither of them acknowledges the new mali?
8. What are the issues for Lucy and Ibrahim in hiring a new mali?
9. Why do Mr. Bhoolabhoy and Tusker get along? Why does Mr. Bhoolabhoy like Tusker? What does Tusker talk about that fascinates him so?
10. Why does it make Lucy sad when she listens to the old gramophone? Where are her feelings coming from?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)