|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Mr. Bhoolabhoy have an affair?
(d) Hot Chichanya.
2. Ibrahim recalls another time when Tusker fell ill. Where was Tusker when this happened?
(a) In the garden.
(b) On the veranda.
(c) On the toilet.
(d) In his bed.
3. Since 1947, personal servants are considered what?
(a) Only necessary during the week.
(d) Status symbols.
4. How long does Ibrahim tell Joseph that the Smalleys have been in India?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 10 years.
(c) Since 1947.
(d) 40 years.
5. When Ibrahim takes Bloxsaw to the coffee shop, who does he see there?
(c) The English hippie.
(d) Mrs. Bhoolabhoy and a strange group of Indian men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city did Tusker get in trouble with the police?
2. Why did Lucy not perform as an understudy for the play when the leading actress became ill?
3. When Lucy thanks Ibrahim for cleaning the items in her room, what does she ask him to do with her?
4. What does Joseph do on the 7th day he is employed?
5. What is Ibrahim afraid of if Tusker dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Minnie is sitting behind a curtain to eat her meal?
2. Describe the incident on the train. What was the origin of the violence?
3. How did Tusker mark Lucy in India as a woman who had to work?
4. How does Tusker know that he is not hallucinating the mali? What does he decide to do about it?
5. What does Mr. Bhoolabhoy think of Lucy? How does he view her? Do you think Lucy has any idea of how others view her?
6. Why do Mr. Bhoolabhoy and Tusker get along? Why does Mr. Bhoolabhoy like Tusker? What does Tusker talk about that fascinates him so?
7. What does Joseph do with the lawn mower? Why is this important? Who is he crossing?
8. Why does Tusker cry in the bathroom?
9. In Chapter 7 Lucy gives the reader a first glimpse of her feelings about Tusker's friendships with Indians. How does she feel? What are her racial views? How does she present herself to the Indians?
10. What are the issues for Lucy and Ibrahim in hiring a new mali?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)