|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tusker becomes ill, how old is he?
(a) 50 odd years old.
(b) 70 odd years old.
(c) 60 odd years old.
(d) 80 odd years old.
2. What does Joseph do on the 7th day he is employed?
(a) He works.
(b) He gets drunk.
(c) He rests.
(d) He gambles.
3. What does Mr. Thomas do for a living?
(a) He is the new preacher.
(b) He tends the graveyard.
(c) He manages the new Electric Cinema.
(d) He runs a hairdressing shop in the Bazaar.
4. When Tusker dies, where is Lucy?
(a) In the garden mowing the lawn.
(b) Walking her dog.
(c) At the hotel Shiraz, getting her hair done.
(d) With Mrs. Bhoolabhoy arguing over the hotel bill.
5. With whom did Mr. Bhoolabhoy have an affair?
(a) Hot Chichanya.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the letter delivered to?
2. At the opening of Chapter 2, where is Bloxsaw?
3. What city did Tusker get in trouble with the police?
4. Ibrahim recalls another time when Tusker fell ill. Where was Tusker when this happened?
5. What does Joseph like to do for work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does it say about Tusker and Lucy's ability to communicate when neither of them acknowledges the new mali?
2. Why does Lucy think she will be a widow in less than a year? What does she think about her future? Who does she blame?
3. What does Mr. Bhoolabhoy think of Lucy? How does he view her? Do you think Lucy has any idea of how others view her?
4. What did Ibrahim do to care for Tusker through the night the first time Tusker fell ill?
5. Why does Lucy think that she cannot trust Tusker anymore? Is it clear to the reader what happened?
6. Why is Tusker called Tusker? How did he get the nickname? There are two stories.
7. Why do you think Joseph left Rampur and the sisters?
8. What is the future of the Lodge? Who is making decisions for the future of the Lodge? How are they to profit?
9. What does Joseph do with the lawn mower? Why is this important? Who is he crossing?
10. How does Joseph react when Ibrahim shows him the tool shed? Why? Why is this scene significant to the story?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)