|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tusker say he did not go home after he retired from the military?
(a) He felt he was too old to start over.
(b) He was afraid of Lucy's father.
(c) He didn't have enough money to go back.
(d) He was too young to go back.
2. What does Tusker do at the holiday party that embarrasses his wife?
(a) He slides down a hill.
(b) He falls on another woman at the party.
(c) He falls, is pushed over a table and breaks a glass.
(d) He falls down a flight of stairs.
3. After Tusker's death, who offers Lucy a home?
(a) The Shiraz management.
(b) Mr. Bhoolabhoy.
(c) Father Sebastian.
4. How does Tusker find out that Lucy hired the mali?
(a) Ibrahim tells him.
(b) Mrs. Bhoolabhoy tells him.
(c) Mr. Bhoolabhoy tells hiim.
(d) Lucy tells him.
5. When Lucy almost lost her job because she was caring for her mother, what did her father do to help her?
(a) He gave her money.
(b) He bought her a car.
(c) He bought her a home.
(d) Put her up at the Y close to work.
6. Who is Mrs. Poppadoum?
(a) A colonel's wife who was an actress.
(b) The original owner of Smith's hotel.
(c) The owner of the Shiraz.
(d) The woman that Tusker allegedly had an affair with.
7. What provides the music at the church on the morning that Susy and Father Sebastian bring the flowers?
(a) The choir.
(b) A brass quintette.
(c) The piano.
(d) The organ.
8. After Tusker's death, when Lucy wakes in the middle of the night, who is still there looking after her?
(a) Father Sebastian.
(c) Dr. Mitra.
(d) Ibrahim, Minnie and Joseph.
9. When Lucy is drinking alcohol, what does she drink?
(b) Bloody Marys.
10. When Mr. Bhoolabhoy is trying to stall Lucy from leaving the churchyard, what does Lucy think?
(a) He's lonely.
(b) He's talkative.
(c) He's flirting with her.
(d) He's tired.
11. Why does Lucy enjoy returning to Rose Cottage?
(a) She thinks the home is historic.
(b) She remembers good times there.
(c) She wants to live there again.
(d) She likes the garden.
12. After reading the letter, Lucy goes to bed. Whose voices does she hear later in the evening?
(a) Mrs. Bhoolabhoy.
(b) Dr. and Mrs. Mitra.
(d) Father Sebastian and Susy.
13. When Mrs. Bhoolabhoy tries to renegotiate her contract with the hotel consortium, what happens?
(a) She gets a bad deal.
(b) She gets what she wants.
(c) She gets more money.
(d) She loses the deal completely.
14. Why is Tusker impressed by the new Father Sebastian?
(a) He is a good singer.
(b) He knows how to raise lots of money.
(c) His sermons are very serious.
(d) The sermon is funny and very good.
15. As Joseph, Lucy and Mr. Bhoolabhoy are looking at a grave, who appears?
(b) Dr. Mitra.
(c) Mrs. Bhoolabhoy.
(d) A photographer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lucy returns home and is very hungry and wants Chicken Paulo, but Tusker wants something else. What does Tusker want to eat for lunch?
2. What does Tusker to at the holiday party with the children?
3. What has Lucy NOT told Tusker about?
4. After Lucy takes the four hour nap, what does Tusker leave for her?
5. How does Father Sebastian repair the organ at church?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)