|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his argument with his wife, Mr. Bhoolabhoy heads to the church. Where does he stop first?
(a) The photographer's.
(b) To buy flowers for the church.
(c) The bazaar to get a new shaving stick.
(d) To Lucy's to see if she needs a ride.
2. What provides the music at the church on the morning that Susy and Father Sebastian bring the flowers?
(a) The choir.
(b) A brass quintette.
(c) The organ.
(d) The piano.
3. What year did Tusker retire?
4. What day of the week is Mr. Bhoolabhoy going to write the letter?
5. After reading the letter, Lucy goes to bed. Whose voices does she hear later in the evening?
(b) Mrs. Bhoolabhoy.
(c) Father Sebastian and Susy.
(d) Dr. and Mrs. Mitra.
6. What does Lucy tell the imaginary Mr. Turner what she thought when she first saw the valley?
(a) That she hates Tusker.
(b) That she was sad.
(c) That she wanted to go home.
(d) That she could be happy there.
7. Lucy returns home and is very hungry and wants Chicken Paulo, but Tusker wants something else. What does Tusker want to eat for lunch?
(d) Chicken Paulo.
8. When Susy needs to tell Lucy that Tusker has died, what does she bring her?
(a) A cup of coffee.
(b) A cup of tea.
(c) A glass of gin.
(d) An aspirin.
9. What happened to Lucy's twin brothers?
(a) They went to law school together.
(b) They were punished for being so mean to her.
(c) They disappeared and were never found again.
(d) They were killed in an automobile accident.
10. On her way to have her hair done, what does Lucy ask Ibrahim to tell the mali?
(a) To sweep the front porch.
(b) To pick up the mail.
(c) To water the canna lilies.
(d) To clear the dying canna lilies.
11. What does Mr. Bhoolabhoy tell Lucy to do if she runs into his wife?
(a) Stay way from her because she has a migraine.
(b) Tell his wife that he's at the church.
(c) Talk to her about the mali.
(d) Stay away from her because she has a fever.
12. What day is it at the opening of Chapter 12?
(a) Friday, June 30.
(b) Saturday, April 22.
(c) Sunday, April 23.
(d) Tuesday, May 4.
13. Who takes Tusker and Lucy home after the holiday party?
(a) Mrs. Bhoolabhoy.
(c) Mr. Bhoolabhoy.
(d) Dr. Mitra.
14. Where did Lucy and Tusker live before Pankot?
(b) Mudpore, India.
15. The morning of Lucy and Tusker's dinner with Father Sebastian, what is Lucy going to do?
(a) Shop for food.
(b) Visit with Tusker.
(c) Walk the dog.
(d) Get her hair done.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Tusker's birthday, what does he want to do with Lucy?
2. As Joseph, Lucy and Mr. Bhoolabhoy are looking at a grave, who appears?
3. What does Tusker do to embarrass his wife when he attends church on Easter?
4. After Lucy and Ibrahim plan the dinner for Father Sebastian, and Lucy appears a little drunk, what does Ibrahim do?
5. After Tusker's death, who offers Lucy a home?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)