|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day is it at the opening of Chapter 12?
(a) Friday, June 30.
(b) Saturday, April 22.
(c) Sunday, April 23.
(d) Tuesday, May 4.
2. What does Lucy think of Tusker's letter to her?
(a) She thinks it is a love letter.
(b) She thinks she better return to England.
(c) She thinks it is sad.
(d) She thinks Tusker is crazy.
3. How is Joseph learning to read English?
(a) The Bible.
(b) By reading the grave stones.
(c) With books from the library.
(d) Magazines from Susy's shop.
4. How does Tusker describe his own behavior in the letter to Lucy?
(a) He accuses her of having an affair.
(b) He blames her for his behavior.
(c) He defends his behavior.
(d) The longest male menopause ever.
5. What has Lucy NOT told Tusker about?
(a) How she feels about his attitude lately.
(b) That Bloxsaw needs to walk every day.
(c) That Ibrahim is still working for them.
(d) The photographs, Col. Layton and Mr. Turner.
6. What does Mr. Bhoolabhoy think the letter will do to Tusker?
(a) Make him happy.
(b) Tusker will never speak to Mr. Bhoolabhoy again.
(c) Give him another attack.
(d) Make him mad.
7. On the morning of Lucy and Tusker's dinner with Father Sebastian, what is Ibrahim supposed to do?
(a) Cook the food.
(b) Shop for food.
(c) Take Lucy to get her hair done.
(d) Pluck the chicken.
8. What is Father Sebastian publishing?
(a) An autobiography.
(b) A book about the priesthood.
(c) An article on church architecture.
(d) A fiction novel placed in Calcutta.
9. After reading the letter, Lucy goes to bed. Whose voices does she hear later in the evening?
(a) Mrs. Bhoolabhoy.
(b) Father Sebastian and Susy.
(c) Dr. and Mrs. Mitra.
10. What provides the music at the church on the morning that Susy and Father Sebastian bring the flowers?
(a) The choir.
(b) The piano.
(c) The organ.
(d) A brass quintette.
11. Lucy returns home and is very hungry and wants Chicken Paulo, but Tusker wants something else. What does Tusker want to eat for lunch?
(c) Chicken Paulo.
12. Why does Lucy enjoy returning to Rose Cottage?
(a) She remembers good times there.
(b) She thinks the home is historic.
(c) She likes the garden.
(d) She wants to live there again.
13. Where did Tusker live when Lucy first met him?
(a) In Africa.
(b) In England.
(c) In India.
(d) In America.
14. What is the holiday celebrated in India just before Easter?
(c) Palm Sunday.
(d) Hindu Easter.
15. When Susy and Father Sebastian arrive at church will lots of flowers, what were they doing earlier in the day?
(a) Looking in on Susy's mom.
(b) Susy is showing Father her shop.
(c) Having breakfast together.
(d) Visiting Lucy and Tusker.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lucy and Tusker argue over what to eat for lunch, Lucy finally goes to the kitchen and gets a dirty pan. What does she end up doing with the pan?
2. After his argument with his wife, Mr. Bhoolabhoy heads to the church. Where does he stop first?
3. The night before the dinner for Father Sebastian, what is Lucy going to fix for dinner?
4. After their walk in the graveyard, where does Lucy tell Mr. Bhoolabhoy that she is going to lunch?
5. Tusker gives a complete accounting of all the money in his letter, but what else does he say that touches Lucy?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)