|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Bhoolabhoy feel about Tusker?
(a) She thinks he is too skinny.
(b) She does not care for him.
(c) She is not responsible for his health.
(d) She thinks he is too proud.
2. Where did Lucy and Tusker live before Pankot?
(c) Mudpore, India.
3. After Tusker's death, who offers Lucy a home?
(a) Mr. Bhoolabhoy.
(b) The Shiraz management.
(c) Father Sebastian.
4. Who is Mrs. Poppadoum?
(a) The original owner of Smith's hotel.
(b) The woman that Tusker allegedly had an affair with.
(c) A colonel's wife who was an actress.
(d) The owner of the Shiraz.
5. Who convinced Lucy to use blue rinse on her hair?
(a) Pastor Steven.
(b) Mrs. Bhoolabhoy.
6. When Mrs. Bhoolabhoy tries to renegotiate her contract with the hotel consortium, what happens?
(a) She gets what she wants.
(b) She gets more money.
(c) She gets a bad deal.
(d) She loses the deal completely.
7. How does Tusker describe his own behavior in the letter to Lucy?
(a) He accuses her of having an affair.
(b) He blames her for his behavior.
(c) He defends his behavior.
(d) The longest male menopause ever.
8. What is Father Sebastian publishing?
(a) An autobiography.
(b) An article on church architecture.
(c) A book about the priesthood.
(d) A fiction novel placed in Calcutta.
9. When Lucy and Tusker argue over what to eat for lunch, Lucy finally goes to the kitchen and gets a dirty pan. What does she end up doing with the pan?
(a) Cooks Tusker's eggs.
(b) Cleans it.
(c) Throws it at Tusker.
(d) Throws it away.
10. What is Lucy riding in as she leaves the churchyard?
(a) A horse.
(b) A tonga.
(c) A taxi.
(d) A car.
11. What was Lucy's hobby when she met Tusker?
(a) She went to the movies alone.
(b) She knitted.
(c) She did shorthand for a club.
(d) She acted in an amateur theater group.
12. What has Lucy NOT told Tusker about?
(a) That Bloxsaw needs to walk every day.
(b) That Ibrahim is still working for them.
(c) How she feels about his attitude lately.
(d) The photographs, Col. Layton and Mr. Turner.
13. What does Mr. Bhoolabhoy think the letter will do to Tusker?
(a) Tusker will never speak to Mr. Bhoolabhoy again.
(b) Make him happy.
(c) Make him mad.
(d) Give him another attack.
14. On Tusker's birthday, what does he want to do with Lucy?
(a) Have lunch and go to the movies.
(b) Have dinner at the club.
(c) Take a nap.
(d) Take a long walk.
15. After Lucy gets up from her four hour nap and dances the entire evening with her imaginary dance partner, what does she do?
(a) She stays up until Tusker gets home.
(b) Sits on the veranda and re-reads Tusker's letter.
(c) She goes to see Mrs. Bhoolabhoy.
(d) She fixes dinner for herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Joseph learning to read English?
2. Lucy returns home and is very hungry and wants Chicken Paulo, but Tusker wants something else. What does Tusker want to eat for lunch?
3. What kind of mood is Tusker in on his birthday?
4. What day of the week is Mr. Bhoolabhoy going to write the letter?
5. What does Tusker to at the holiday party with the children?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)