|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the opening of Chapter 2, where is Bloxsaw?
(a) Sleeping with Tusker.
(b) In the garage.
(c) In the garden.
(d) Being taken for a walk by Ibrahim.
2. What does Ibrahim call Lucy?
(a) Mrs. Smalley.
(c) Miss Lucy.
3. What does Ibrahim still keep that belonged to his father?
(a) His dress shoes.
(b) His pocket watch.
(c) His long white tunic.
(d) His trimming shears.
4. What are the Smalleys the last survivors of?
(a) India - Pakistan wars.
(c) Smith's hotel.
(d) Pankot's permanent retired British residents.
5. Why did Lucy's mother never like her?
(a) Because she was a girl.
(b) Because she lost the twins.
(c) Because she knew shorthand.
(d) Because she never loved Lucy's father.
6. What is Joseph doing when Ibrahim finds him working with a fork?
(a) He is picking berries with the fork.
(b) He is eating dirt.
(c) He is prodding the grass to make it breathe.
(d) He is digging in the dirt.
7. What happened in 1947?
(a) All the English went back home.
(b) England gave back India to govern themselves.
(c) The club was built.
(d) The war between the Hindus and the Muslims.
8. Who is Lucy's favorite singer?
(a) Perry Como.
(b) Frank Sinatra.
(c) Dinah Shore.
(d) Rosemary Clooney.
9. Why is Tusker pleased when he sees Lucy talk to the new mali?
(a) He knows the mali is not a hallucination.
(b) He wants more work done in the garden.
(c) He now knows Lucy is paying the mali.
(d) Lucy has trouble making friends with Indians.
10. The morning the letter is delivered, who is missing?
(a) Mr. Bhoolabhoy.
(b) Mrs. Bhoolabhoy.
(d) The mali.
11. What does Ibrahim call Tusker?
(a) Mr. Smalley.
(b) Col. Tusker.
(c) Col. Sahib.
12. What does Lucy want Ibrahim to do for her that will calm Tusker?
(a) Hire another mali to mow the lawn.
(b) Clean the garden.
(c) Get dinner from the Shiraz and bring it on trays.
(d) Mow the lawn.
13. What does Joseph do on the 7th day he is employed?
(a) He gambles.
(b) He gets drunk.
(c) He rests.
(d) He works.
14. What city did Tusker get in trouble with the police?
(c) New Delhi.
15. What does Lucy remember about Sarah's mother?
(a) She was devoted to her husband.
(b) She was mean to Sarah and Susan.
(c) She drank and was once a prisoner of war.
(d) She made the best chocolate cakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pastor Steven bring with him one Sunday morning?
2. Who is included in the Farwell 1947 picture?
3. What is Ibrahim afraid of if Tusker dies?
4. Where does Tusker wish to be buried?
5. What does Joseph do with the lawn mower?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)