|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who went into labor at Rose Cottage?
(c) Mrs. Layton.
2. Who did Lucy call to help her the first time Tusker fell ill?
(a) Mrs. Bhoolabhoy.
(d) Mr. Bhoolabhoy.
3. Why is Lucy angry that Tusker told people how they met?
(a) She was embarrassed that she married Tusker.
(b) Because it marked her as a woman who once had to work.
(c) She didn't want people to know her past.
(d) She didn't want people to know her maiden name.
4. What religion does Ibrahim practice?
(a) He is a Buddhist.
(b) He is a Christian.
(c) He is a Hindu.
(d) He is a Muslim.
5. What favor does Lucy ask of Sarah?
(a) To ask David Turner to bring some cloth for sewing.
(b) To ask David Turner to bring her some blue rinse.
(c) To bring some figs from England.
(d) To write her every week.
6. What does Ibrahim call Lucy?
(c) Miss Lucy.
(d) Mrs. Smalley.
7. At the opening of Chapter 2, where is Bloxsaw?
(a) Being taken for a walk by Ibrahim.
(b) In the garage.
(c) In the garden.
(d) Sleeping with Tusker.
8. Ibrahim recalls another time when Tusker fell ill. Where was Tusker when this happened?
(a) On the veranda.
(b) In the garden.
(c) In his bed.
(d) On the toilet.
9. How does Tusker treat the new mali?
(a) He treats him like a slave.
(b) He yells at him for making noise.
(c) He doesn't look or speak to him.
(d) He is very friendly.
10. Who is the letter delivered to?
11. What do Lucy and Tusker drink before they retire for the evening?
(a) Orange Juice.
(d) Hot cocoa.
12. Who sits behind the curtain to eat?
(b) Mrs. Bhoolabhoy.
13. What does Lucy remember about Sarah's mother?
(a) She made the best chocolate cakes.
(b) She was mean to Sarah and Susan.
(c) She drank and was once a prisoner of war.
(d) She was devoted to her husband.
14. Why was Lucy in demand at all the women's groups?
(a) She knew shorthand.
(b) She knew how to raise money.
(c) She was funny.
(d) She could type.
15. When Mr. Bhoolabhoy visits Tusker, Ibrahim hears his telling Tusker about the new hotel in Ranpur. What is the name of the hotel?
(b) Ranpur Hotel.
(c) Desert Inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lucy dancing with at the end of Chapter 5?
2. What does Mrs. Bhoolabhoy say she is buying into?
3. What does Joseph do on the 7th day he is employed?
4. When Tusker reads the paperwork on his bungalow, what does he discover about his lease?
5. What is Ibrahim afraid of if Tusker dies?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)