|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mr. Bhoolabhoy find Joseph?
(a) On a trip to Bombay.
(b) Sleeping under the porch at church.
(c) At the bazaar.
(d) Working at the Shiraz.
2. Who does Pastor Steven bring with him one Sunday morning?
(a) Mr. Bhoolabhoy.
(b) Father Sebastian.
3. What is Joseph doing when Ibrahim finds him working with a fork?
(a) He is eating dirt.
(b) He is prodding the grass to make it breathe.
(c) He is picking berries with the fork.
(d) He is digging in the dirt.
4. What city did Tusker get in trouble with the police?
(d) New Delhi.
5. What does Lucy want Ibrahim to do for her that will calm Tusker?
(a) Mow the lawn.
(b) Clean the garden.
(c) Hire another mali to mow the lawn.
(d) Get dinner from the Shiraz and bring it on trays.
6. What does Joseph do with the lawn mower?
(a) He junks it for parts.
(b) He paints it.
(c) He cleans and adjusts the blades.
(d) He removes the blades.
7. Why did Lucy's mother never like her?
(a) Because she knew shorthand.
(b) Because she lost the twins.
(c) Because she was a girl.
(d) Because she never loved Lucy's father.
8. What does Ibrahim clean in Lucy's room for her?
(a) Her jewelry and shoes.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her mirrors.
(d) Her records.
9. What do Tusker and Mr. Bhoolabhoy do together?
(a) They play bridge.
(b) They walk together.
(c) They go to movies.
(d) They drink together.
10. What does Lucy remember about Sarah's mother?
(a) She made the best chocolate cakes.
(b) She drank and was once a prisoner of war.
(c) She was mean to Sarah and Susan.
(d) She was devoted to her husband.
11. Why did Lucy not perform as an understudy for the play when the leading actress became ill?
(a) She was too scared to perform.
(b) Tusker told her not to.
(c) She did not know the character's dialogue.
(d) She was a terrible actress.
12. What does Susy Williams do at the church?
(a) Plays the organ.
(b) She is the church secretary.
(c) Plays the piano and arranges the flowers.
13. What movie does Lucy go to see the evening Tusker and Mr. Bhoolabhoy are visiting?
(a) The Fugitive.
(b) Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
(c) The Getaway.
(d) The Sound of Music.
14. Why does Ibrahim go to Europe?
(a) To live with his mother.
(b) To try the food.
(c) For the money.
(d) To deliver his sister and for the experience.
15. Where did Tusker and Lucy stay during the war?
(a) Pankot Rifles.
(b) Rose Cottage.
(c) Smith's Hotel.
(d) The church parsonage.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tusker becomes ill, how old is he?
2. What does Mr. Thomas do for a living?
3. What rank was Tusker in the armed forces?
4. When Mr. Pandey, the lawyer's clerk, comes out of Mrs. Bhoolabhoy's room, what is she wearing?
5. Who went into labor at Rose Cottage?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)