|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joseph doing when Ibrahim finds him working with a fork?
(a) He is picking berries with the fork.
(b) He is digging in the dirt.
(c) He is eating dirt.
(d) He is prodding the grass to make it breathe.
2. What happens to Bloxsaw after his walk?
(a) He slaps new Ibrahim.
(b) He collapses on the verandah panting.
(c) He runs wild in the garden.
(d) He runs through the canna lilies.
3. What rank was Tusker in the armed forces?
4. What is Tusker doing at the time of his death?
(a) Reading the letter.
(b) Walking over to the Shiraz.
(c) Looking for Bloxsaw.
5. Why does Joseph want to go to England?
(a) To see museums.
(b) To live with his sister.
(c) To see a big city.
(d) To work in the gardens.
6. What favor does Lucy ask of Sarah?
(a) To ask David Turner to bring her some blue rinse.
(b) To ask David Turner to bring some cloth for sewing.
(c) To write her every week.
(d) To bring some figs from England.
7. Who did Ibrahim's father work for when Ibrahim was a child?
(a) The Bhoolabhoys.
(b) House of Moxon-Greifes.
(c) The Pantok Rifles.
(d) Lucy and Tusker.
8. Why does Susy initially say she will not work for Father Sebastian?
(a) Because he is black.
(b) He is not very bright.
(c) He wants to be called "Father."
(d) He only wants to preach every two months.
9. Where does Tusker write notes?
(a) In library books.
(b) In his notebook.
(c) On pieces of scratch paper.
(d) In Lucy's books.
10. What tragic event did Sarah see just before the Farwell 1947 picture was taken?
(a) The death of an officer.
(b) Their train was stopped and people were killed.
(c) The death of her mother.
(d) A bridge blown up.
11. What does Ibrahim still keep that belonged to his father?
(a) His long white tunic.
(b) His trimming shears.
(c) His pocket watch.
(d) His dress shoes.
12. What does Mrs. Bhoolabhoy say she is buying into?
(a) A time-share condo.
(b) The Shiraz.
(c) A beach front resort.
(d) A hotel consortium.
13. At the beginning of Chapter 5, who cooks a meal for Ibrahim and Joseph?
(a) Mrs. Bhoolabhoy.
14. When Mr. Bhoolabhoy visits Tusker, Ibrahim hears his telling Tusker about the new hotel in Ranpur. What is the name of the hotel?
(a) Desert Inn.
(c) Ranpur Hotel.
15. What does Joseph do on the 7th day he is employed?
(a) He gets drunk.
(b) He works.
(c) He rests.
(d) He gambles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mr. Bhoolabhoy find Joseph?
2. Who did Lucy call to help her the first time Tusker fell ill?
3. What does Mrs. Bhoolabhoy do every Monday?
4. How did Ibrahim get into the movies when he was young?
5. Ibrahim urges Joseph to take a break and join him. What do they drink?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)