|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is married to Mr. Perron?
(a) Susan Layton.
(c) Sarah's mother.
(d) Sarah Layton.
2. What does Lucy remember about Sarah's mother?
(a) She made the best chocolate cakes.
(b) She drank and was once a prisoner of war.
(c) She was devoted to her husband.
(d) She was mean to Sarah and Susan.
3. In her imaginary conversation with Mr. Turner, what does Lucy tell him when they reach the top of the hill that overlooks Pankot?
(a) She's leaving Tusker.
(b) She dyes her hair.
(c) She could never be happy here.
(d) She points out the sights like the bazaar, the church and Rose Cottage.
4. What does Tusker to at the holiday party with the children?
(a) He sings with them.
(b) He plays with them and throws colored powder on them.
(c) He plays hide and seek with them.
(d) He reads the Holi story to them.
5. What does Tusker do to embarrass his wife when he attends church on Easter?
(a) He badgers the new Father to come to dinner.
(b) He gives the Father a check in front of everyone.
(c) He sings loudly and out of tune.
(d) He is drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tusker reads the paperwork on his bungalow, what does he discover about his lease?
2. What did Lucy do when she and Tusker met?
3. When Mr. Pandey, the lawyer's clerk, comes out of Mrs. Bhoolabhoy's room, what is she wearing?
4. What do Tusker and Mr. Bhoolabhoy do together?
5. Who sits behind the curtain to eat?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)