Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* Tusker Smalley dies of a coronary at 9:30am on Monday, April 1972.
* Tusker's wife Lucy is getting her hair done at the hotel Shiraz.
* Tusker and Lucy live at the older hotel, Smith's at the annex called the Lodge.
* They've lived at the Lodge for 10 years.
* Mrs. Bhoolabhoy, who owns Smith's, hears Tusker and Lucy's...
This section contains 5,727 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)