|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what Moby tells Ms. Lemry, what does Sarah Byrnes hate more than anything?
2. When Moby admits to Mr. Mautz that he knows where Sarah Byrnes is staying, but refuses to divulge her location, what does Mr. Mautz tell Moby to do?
3. In Sarah Byrnes' dreams, what is she?
4. What position did Ms. Lemry play in her first Little League game that she tells Moby about?
5. When Sarah Byrnes escapes from the psych ward, who drives the getaway car?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Jody, why did she have the abortion alone?
2. When Moby and Ellerby are called to the office during their study hall, what does the man waiting for the two boys tell them?
3. According to Carver, how did Carver manipulate his way into a relationship with Moby's mother?
4. When Ms. Lemry surprises Moby by telling him that she ran after and caught Sarah Byrnes' mother, what does Lemry reveal to Moby about her past?
5. How does Ms. Lemry respond when Mark Brittain insists that everything is about Christianity?
6. What did Ms. Lemry say to Sarah Byrnes that changed Sarah Byrnes' mind about Ms. Lemry?
7. As the CAT class heads into the last day of their abortion discussion, what piece of advice does Ms. Lemry give to Ellerby?
8. After hearing what the man waiting for Moby and Ellerby tells them when the two boys are called to the office during their study hall, how does Ellerby respond to the man's words?
9. How does Sarah Byrnes' mother respond when Sarah Byrnes asks her mother to come back and testify against Virgil?
10. How is Moby able to gain access to Sarah Byrnes' room while she is at a group therapy session without arousing suspicion from the nurses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the main themes is this novel involves bullying.
a. Identify three characters that are bullies. For each character, describe an instance in which the character bullied someone else.
b. Why do these characters bully others?
c. What is the outcome for these characters? Were they successful in their endeavors or would they have been more successful if they had not tried to bully the other person? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characteristics, roles, loyalties and agendas of the following people in the story: Dale Thornton, Ms. Lemry, Mr. Mautz, Jody Mueller and Mark Brittain.
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main desires of Mr. Byrnes. What does he hope to gain by abusing his daughter and harming Moby? For each desire, tell Mr. Byrnes' reasoning behind the desire and what he ultimately hoped to accomplish through his actions.
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)