Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what Mark tells Moby when he visits him in the hospital, who came to visit Mark?
2. What does Moby give to Ms. Lemry on her porch?
3. When Virgil was verbally abusing Sarah Byrnes in the psych ward of the hospital, what was the name of the therapist who told Virgil that if he didn't get himself under control, he would have to leave?
4. As Moby tells Sarah Byrnes about Jody's abortion, what does Sarah Byrnes do that Moby has never seen before?
5. After Sarah Byrnes leaves Moby's hospital room, who does Moby immediately call?
Essay Topic 1
Examine Dale's character and how he evolves (or not) and what he symbolizes in the story. Use examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the course of the novel, religious overtones abound. In fact, these religious differences become a main motivator in moving the plot forward. Identify at least three different religious views that impacted the plot and the lives of the characters involved in the story. For each instance, describe the characters involved, the religious belief, and how the belief impacted the story's plot. How might the story have been different if these beliefs had not been a part of the plot? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Crutcher uses this story to examine the role that truth plays in our daily lives. Examine the author's beliefs through his storytelling. Why would the author choose this story to overlay his demonstration of the consequences realized when the truth is distorted or hidden? What did you learn from the author's discussion on truth? What other avenues, if any, could the author have used to express his beliefs? Would those avenues have been as effective as the story? Why or why not?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)