Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what Mark tells Moby when he visits him in the hospital, who came to visit Mark?
2. What does Moby give to Ms. Lemry on her porch?
3. When Virgil was verbally abusing Sarah Byrnes in the psych ward of the hospital, what was the name of the therapist who told Virgil that if he didn't get himself under control, he would have to leave?
4. As Moby tells Sarah Byrnes about Jody's abortion, what does Sarah Byrnes do that Moby has never seen before?
5. After Sarah Byrnes leaves Moby's hospital room, who does Moby immediately call?
Compare and contrast Moby and Mark Brittain.
a. How are the two characters similar? How are they different?
b. Compare the role that justice plays in each of their lives. How is each character affected by the concept of justice - both positively and negatively?
Identify the main desires of Mr. Byrnes. What does he hope to gain by abusing his daughter and harming Moby? For each desire, tell Mr. Byrnes' reasoning behind the desire and what he ultimately hoped to accomplish through his actions.
Compare and contrast how the character of Mark Brittain changes as the story progresses. Be sure to include your assessment of Mark's character when he is first introduced at swim practice, when he confronts Ellerby in CAT regarding the abortion issue, when he accuses Jody of lying and when he finally seeks Moby's advice about how to repair the damage he has done. Use examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)