Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what Mark tells Moby when he visits him in the hospital, who came to visit Mark?
2. What does Moby give to Ms. Lemry on her porch?
3. When Virgil was verbally abusing Sarah Byrnes in the psych ward of the hospital, what was the name of the therapist who told Virgil that if he didn't get himself under control, he would have to leave?
4. As Moby tells Sarah Byrnes about Jody's abortion, what does Sarah Byrnes do that Moby has never seen before?
5. After Sarah Byrnes leaves Moby's hospital room, who does Moby immediately call?
Compare and contrast the characteristics, roles, loyalties and agendas of the following people in the story: Dale Thornton, Ms. Lemry, Mr. Mautz, Jody Mueller and Mark Brittain.
There is no doubt that Ellerby is greatly affected by the events the death of his brother. Discuss how his brother's death and the events thereafter affect not only Ellerby's worldview, but also religious views and his relationships with the people around him. How do Ellerby's experiences affect his mental state, his ability to be objective with his community and his willingness to help Moby and Sarah Byrnes?
Mr. Mautz wears different masks in the story. Both a respected school vice-principal and a bully to his students, Mautz is a study in contradictions. Identify, then compare and contrast the different sides/personas of Mr. Mautz. How would the entire plot have been affected if Mautz had not been successful at deceiving those around him? Why is it necessary for Matuz to wear different masks? Explain your reasoning.
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)