|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What GPA does Sarah Byrnes have?
2. Who is coaching the swim team in Ms. Lemry's absence?
3. When Moby and Ellerby stop by Lemry's house as Ms. Lemry and Sarah Byrnes are preparing to leave for Reno, what does Moby notice about Sarah Byrnes?
4. Back at school, who watches over the CAT class/study hall since Ms. Lemry is on paid leave?
5. Who eventually finds Virgil Byrnes, beats Virgil up and is arrested?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Parental and authority figures play a crucial role in shaping the young people they are in contact with. Identify at least three parental and/or authority figures in the story. For each character identified, discuss who and how the parental/authority figure affects the story's main characters, as well as the character's overall impact on the story's plot. Finally, determine if the parental/authority figure was a good or bad role model and why. Use examples from the story to support your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Mautz seems to be a man who is supremely confident in his ability to come out on top - and in his powerful position at the school. Identify at least three instances from the story that highlight his confidence. How is Matuz helped by his utter confidence? How is Mautz hurt by his confidence? Provide examples of each.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Dale's character and how he evolves (or not) and what he symbolizes in the story. Use examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 1,383 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)