|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Moby gets home from visiting with Sarah Byrnes, who has left a message for Moby to call him?
(a) Steve Ellerby.
(b) Virgil Byrnes.
(c) Ms. Lemry.
(d) Mark Brittain.
2. On Sarah Byrnes' first day back at school, who attends the CAT class?
(a) Mr. Brittain.
(b) Mr. Ellerby.
(c) Mr. Byrnes.
(d) Mr. Mautz.
3. What does Mr. Mautz ask Moby to do during their lunch?
(a) Quit the swim team.
(b) Lie for Mark Brittain.
(c) Drop the CAT class.
(d) Stop seeing Jody Mueller.
4. In Sarah Byrnes' dreams, what is she?
5. When Sarah Byrnes and Ms. Lemry locate Sarah Byrnes' mother, what is her mother working as?
(a) A dealer.
(b) A hostess.
(c) A dancer.
(d) A singer.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Ms. Lemry tries to regain control of her class as Brittain melts down, who stands up and enters the verbal fray?
2. According to what Mr. Mautz tells Moby during their lunch, what kind of kid does Mr. Mautz consider Mark Brittain to be?
3. When Moby admits to Mr. Mautz that he knows where Sarah Byrnes is staying, but refuses to divulge her location, what does Mr. Mautz tell Moby to do?
4. When Moby reads what Sarah Byrnes has written, what does Sarah Byrnes tell Moby about going home?
5. According to what Reverend Ellerby tells Mr. Mautz in the office, why does Reverend Ellerby believe Mark attempted suicide?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Moby and Ellerby are called to the office during their study hall, what does the man waiting for the two boys tell them?
2. When Jody asked Mark about the church's stand on abortion before she had hers, how did Mark answer her?
3. What is the biggest danger if Sarah Byrnes testifies unsuccessfully against her father?
4. Why does Sarah Byrnes come back to school even though she knows her father will be looking for her?
5. How does Ms. Lemry respond when Mark Brittain insists that everything is about Christianity?
6. According to Carver, how did Carver manipulate his way into a relationship with Moby's mother?
7. While Moby recovers in his hospital room, he feels pretty cocky when his mom and the police are around. How does Moby admit he feels when he is alone?
8. As Moby retreats to his bedroom to do some thinking about Sarah Byrnes and Jody Mueller, what does Moby wish for the first time that he had?
9. Moby receives quite a bit of media attention after he is attacked by Virgil Byrnes. When is the last time that Moby can remember getting this much media attention?
10. While Ellerby and Moby leave Brittain alone outside of the pool, what do they decide to do at practice to teach Brittain some humility?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)