|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the discussion in the locker room in Chapter 10, Moby returns to his locker. Who does he find waiting for him at his locker?
(a) Jody Mueller.
(b) Sarah Byrnes.
(c) Steve Ellerby.
(d) Mark Brittain.
2. After being attacked by Virgil Byrnes, where does Moby go for help?
(a) To Ellerby's house.
(b) To the police.
(c) To Lemry's house.
(d) To Dale's house.
3. What does Mr. Mautz ask Moby to do during their lunch?
(a) Lie for Mark Brittain.
(b) Quit the swim team.
(c) Stop seeing Jody Mueller.
(d) Drop the CAT class.
4. Which student in the CAT class gets up and walks out after telling Ms. Lemry that Mark had been cruelly treated by everyone in the class?
(a) Stacey Martin.
(b) Susan Lamprey.
(c) Sarah Byrnes.
(d) Sally Eaton.
5. What run-ins with the law does Virgil Byrnes have on his record?
(a) Parking tickets.
(c) Trafficking stolen goods.
(d) Attempted burglary.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Sarah Byrnes' first day back at school, who attends the CAT class?
2. As Moby tells Sarah Byrnes about Jody's abortion, what does Sarah Byrnes do that Moby has never seen before?
3. When Virgil was verbally abusing Sarah Byrnes in the psych ward of the hospital, what was the name of the therapist who told Virgil that if he didn't get himself under control, he would have to leave?
4. When Reverend Ellerby arrives in Mr. Mautz's office, how does he greet his son?
5. According to what Mr. Mautz tells Moby during their lunch, what kind of kid does Mr. Mautz consider Mark Brittain to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Moby goes looking for someone to talk to about the possibility of dating Jody Mueller, why does the person he finds consider folding towels to be therapy?
2. When Moby and Ellerby are called to the office during their study hall, what does the man waiting for the two boys tell them?
3. Why does Moby not tell the police about Virgil's threats?
4. Why is Sarah Byrnes trying to find her mother?
5. While Ellerby and Moby leave Brittain alone outside of the pool, what do they decide to do at practice to teach Brittain some humility?
6. As Brittain begins to lose it in the CAT class on the last day of their abortion discussion, what does Brittain tell Sarah Byrnes?
7. As Moby retreats to his bedroom to do some thinking about Sarah Byrnes and Jody Mueller, what does Moby wish for the first time that he had?
8. How does Ms. Lemry respond when Mark Brittain insists that everything is about Christianity?
9. When Moby and Sarah Byrnes go for a walk, they are watched by her father. How do they communicate since Sarah Byrnes can't be seen talking?
10. When Moby asks the person he finds folding towels their opinion about Moby's dating Jody Mueller, what response does Moby get?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)