|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Moby's reaction when he listens to his class members feeling responsible for Mark's actions?
2. When Mr. Mautz barges into Lemry's class the day after Brittain melts down in class, what does Mr. Mautz tell the class?
(a) That Brittain tried to kill himself.
(b) That Brittain ran away.
(c) That Brittain dropped out of school.
(d) That Brittain withdrew from the class.
3. According to Ms. Lemry, who is responsible for Mark's actions?
(b) Mr. Mautz.
4. In Sarah Byrnes' dreams, what is she?
5. After having lunch with Mr. Mautz, Moby decides to hang around after swim practice is over. When Lemry questions why, what does Moby tell her?
(a) That he is quitting the swim team.
(b) To watch out for Mark Brittain.
(c) To watch out for Mr. Mautz.
(d) That he has to drop the CAT class.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the getaway car driver asks where Sarah Byrnes wants to go, what is the first suggestion?
2. When Moby asks the visitor to his hospital room how his visitor is feeling, what response does Moby get?
3. According to Ms. Lemry, what is one mistake that schools make in regard to what they ask from the students?
4. According to what Moby tells Mark about his nickname, why does he not get upset when people call him Moby - a slight about being heavy?
5. Where is the one place that Moby feels safe from Virgil Byrnes?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Ms. Lemry surprises Moby by telling him that she ran after and caught Sarah Byrnes' mother, what does Lemry reveal to Moby about her past?
2. After hearing what the man waiting for Moby and Ellerby tells them when the two boys are called to the office during their study hall, how does Ellerby respond to the man's words?
3. How does Ms. Lemry respond when Mark Brittain insists that everything is about Christianity?
4. When Moby and Ellerby are called to the office during their study hall, what does the man waiting for the two boys tell them?
5. Why does Moby not tell the police about Virgil's threats?
6. When Moby goes looking for someone to talk to about the possibility of dating Jody Mueller, why does the person he finds consider folding towels to be therapy?
7. As the CAT class heads into the last day of their abortion discussion, what piece of advice does Ms. Lemry give to Ellerby?
8. Why is Sarah Byrnes trying to find her mother?
9. When Moby asks the person he finds folding towels their opinion about Moby's dating Jody Mueller, what response does Moby get?
10. As Moby retreats to his bedroom to do some thinking about Sarah Byrnes and Jody Mueller, why does Moby admit that he's scared to death to start anything up with Jody?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)