|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The day the students are told that Brittain attempted suicide, who comes to Moby's house for dinner?
(b) Ms. Lemry.
(c) Sarah Byrnes.
2. Who eventually finds Virgil Byrnes, beats Virgil up and is arrested?
(a) Moby Calhoune.
(b) Wayne Haverly.
(c) Steve Ellerby.
(d) Carver Middleton.
3. What does Mr. Mautz ask Moby to do during their lunch?
(a) Quit the swim team.
(b) Stop seeing Jody Mueller.
(c) Drop the CAT class.
(d) Lie for Mark Brittain.
4. Where is the one place that Moby feels safe from Virgil Byrnes?
(a) At school.
(b) At home.
(c) At church.
(d) In public.
5. As Moby recovers in the hospital from Virgil's attack, who is camping out by the hospital's main entrance in case Virgil should show up?
(a) Mark's father.
(b) Steve's father.
(c) Dale's father.
(d) Moby's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what Mark tells Moby when he visits him in the hospital, who came to visit Mark?
2. What does Moby sneak into Sarah Byrnes' hospital room?
3. After confessing to Sarah Byrnes that he told Ms. Lemry her secret, what does Moby try to convince Sarah Byrnes that she will be some day?
4. How many days of sick leave is Ms. Lemry going to take to help Sarah Byrnes locate her mother?
5. When Mr. Mautz barges into Lemry's class the day after Brittain melts down in class, what does Mr. Mautz tell the class?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Moby recovers in his hospital room, why is Moby terribly nervous for Sarah Byrnes?
2. According to Jody, why did she have the abortion alone?
3. As Moby retreats to his bedroom to do some thinking about Sarah Byrnes and Jody Mueller, what does Moby wish for the first time that he had?
4. When Jody asked Mark about the church's stand on abortion before she had hers, how did Mark answer her?
5. When Moby goes looking for someone to talk to about the possibility of dating Jody Mueller, why does the person he finds consider folding towels to be therapy?
6. As Moby retreats to his bedroom to do some thinking about Sarah Byrnes and Jody Mueller, why does Moby admit that he's scared to death to start anything up with Jody?
7. When Moby asks the person he finds folding towels their opinion about Moby's dating Jody Mueller, what response does Moby get?
8. While Ellerby and Moby leave Brittain alone outside of the pool, what do they decide to do at practice to teach Brittain some humility?
9. As Brittain begins to lose it in the CAT class on the last day of their abortion discussion, what does Brittain tell Sarah Byrnes?
10. While Moby recovers in his hospital room, he feels pretty cocky when his mom and the police are around. How does Moby admit he feels when he is alone?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)