|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moby give to Ms. Lemry on her porch?
(a) His diary.
(b) His homework.
(c) Sarah Byrnes' letter.
(d) An arrest warrant for Virgil.
2. According to what Moby tells Mark about his nickname, why does he not get upset when people call him Moby - a slight about being heavy?
(a) Moby's not a bad nickname.
(b) Moby likes the name.
(c) Moby's not a fighter.
(d) Moby takes it as a challenge.
3. When Reverend Ellerby arrives in Mr. Mautz's office, what does Steve tell his father?
(a) That he's being asked to apologize to Mark.
(b) That Mr. Mautz is threatening him.
(c) That Mr. Brittain wants Steve expelled from school.
(d) That he's being blamed for Mark's suicide attempt.
4. When Sarah Byrnes and Ms. Lemry locate Sarah Byrnes' mother, what is her mother working as?
(a) A hostess.
(b) A dealer.
(c) A dancer.
(d) A singer.
5. According to Ms. Lemry, when Mark recovers, what will he need from the students?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Sarah Byrnes and Ms. Lemry locate Sarah Byrnes' mother?
2. As Ms. Lemry tries to regain control of her class as Brittain melts down, who stands up and enters the verbal fray?
3. When Moby reads what Sarah Byrnes has written, what does Sarah Byrnes tell Moby about going home?
4. How long does it take Sarah Byrnes to bolt from the psych ward after the attendants catch her talking?
5. When Mr. Mautz begins arguing with Reverend Ellerby about what the Reverend advocates from his pulpit, which topic does Mr. Mautz NOT mention?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the surprise visitor to Moby's hospital room ask Moby to do?
2. As Moby retreats to his bedroom to do some thinking about Sarah Byrnes and Jody Mueller, what does Moby wish for the first time that he had?
3. How does Ms. Lemry respond when Mark Brittain insists that everything is about Christianity?
4. As Moby retreats to his bedroom to do some thinking about Sarah Byrnes and Jody Mueller, why does Moby admit that he's scared to death to start anything up with Jody?
5. When Ms. Lemry surprises Moby by telling him that she ran after and caught Sarah Byrnes' mother, what does Lemry reveal to Moby about her past?
6. How does Sarah Byrnes' mother respond when Sarah Byrnes asks her mother to come back and testify against Virgil?
7. As Moby recovers in his hospital room, why is Moby terribly nervous for Sarah Byrnes?
8. After hearing what the man waiting for Moby and Ellerby tells them when the two boys are called to the office during their study hall, how does Ellerby respond to the man's words?
9. While Moby recovers in his hospital room, he feels pretty cocky when his mom and the police are around. How does Moby admit he feels when he is alone?
10. What did Ms. Lemry say to Sarah Byrnes that changed Sarah Byrnes' mind about Ms. Lemry?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)