|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Moby tells Sarah Byrnes about Jody's abortion, what does Sarah Byrnes do that Moby has never seen before?
(a) She faints.
(b) She bows her head.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She cries.
2. After Moby and Ellerby are called to the office during their study hall and Mr. Mautz starts yelling at the boys, what does Ellerby ask to do?
(a) Use the bathroom.
(b) Have a minute alone with Moby.
(c) Use the phone.
(d) Be excused.
3. According to what Dale remembers Sarah Byrnes saying about her mother, what did her mother always want to be?
(a) A musician.
(b) A talent scout.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A dancer.
4. When Moby hears how Carver manipulated his way into a relationship with Moby's mother, what cereal does Moby compare Carver to?
(a) Raisin Bran.
(b) Cookie Crisp.
5. What did Sarah Byrnes believe for a long time was the best way to cope with what her father had done to her?
(a) Get revenge.
(b) Never mention it.
(c) Become as mean as him.
(d) Pretend it didn't happen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is coaching the swim team in Ms. Lemry's absence?
2. Where do Sarah Byrnes and Ms. Lemry locate Sarah Byrnes' mother?
3. When Ms. Lemry decides to take sick leave to help Sarah Byrnes locate her mother, what will the CAT class do while Ms. Lemry is away?
4. When Mr. Mautz barges into Lemry's class the day after Brittain melts down in class, what does Mr. Mautz tell the class?
5. According to what Dale remembers Sarah Byrnes saying about her mother, where does Dale think Sarah Byrnes' mother might be living?
Short Essay Questions
1. While Ellerby and Moby leave Brittain alone outside of the pool, what do they decide to do at practice to teach Brittain some humility?
2. According to Jody, why did she have the abortion alone?
3. When Jody asked Mark about the church's stand on abortion before she had hers, how did Mark answer her?
4. When Moby goes looking for someone to talk to about the possibility of dating Jody Mueller, why does the person he finds consider folding towels to be therapy?
5. When Moby asks the person he finds folding towels their opinion about Moby's dating Jody Mueller, what response does Moby get?
6. After Sarah Byrnes bolts from the psych ward, why does Moby return to the psych ward to speak with Laurel?
7. Moby receives quite a bit of media attention after he is attacked by Virgil Byrnes. When is the last time that Moby can remember getting this much media attention?
8. How does Sarah Byrnes' mother respond when Sarah Byrnes asks her mother to come back and testify against Virgil?
9. As Moby recovers in his hospital room, why is Moby terribly nervous for Sarah Byrnes?
10. As the CAT class heads into the last day of their abortion discussion, what piece of advice does Ms. Lemry give to Ellerby?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)