|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Mautz asks Moby to have lunch with him, what does Mr. Mautz first ask Moby about?
(a) How school is going.
(b) How swimming is going.
(c) How Sarah Byrnes is doing.
(d) How Moby's mother is.
2. When Mr. Mautz asks Moby to have lunch with him, what does Mr. Mautz really want to find out about?
(a) The CAT class.
(b) Sarah Byrnes.
(c) Moby's future plans.
(d) The swim team.
3. What does Mr. Mautz ask Moby to do during their lunch?
(a) Lie for Mark Brittain.
(b) Stop seeing Jody Mueller.
(c) Quit the swim team.
(d) Drop the CAT class.
4. When Moby hears how Carver manipulated his way into a relationship with Moby's mother, what cereal does Moby compare Carver to?
(b) Cookie Crisp.
(c) Raisin Bran.
5. Back at school, who watches over the CAT class/study hall since Ms. Lemry is on paid leave?
(a) Mr. Stone.
(b) Mr. Brittain.
(c) Mr. Patterson.
(d) Mr. Mautz.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mark Brittain finally speaks to the students in the CAT class/study hall, what does he call himself?
2. What run-ins with the law does Virgil Byrnes have on his record?
3. When Mr. Mautz begins arguing with Reverend Ellerby about what the Reverend advocates from his pulpit, which topic does Mr. Mautz NOT mention?
4. Who eventually finds Virgil Byrnes, beats Virgil up and is arrested?
5. When Sarah Byrnes and Ms. Lemry locate Sarah Byrnes' mother, what is her mother working as?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Jody asked Mark about the church's stand on abortion before she had hers, how did Mark answer her?
2. While Ellerby and Moby leave Brittain alone outside of the pool, what do they decide to do at practice to teach Brittain some humility?
3. What did Ms. Lemry say to Sarah Byrnes that changed Sarah Byrnes' mind about Ms. Lemry?
4. When Moby goes looking for someone to talk to about the possibility of dating Jody Mueller, why does the person he finds consider folding towels to be therapy?
5. According to Jody, why did she have the abortion alone?
6. How does Ms. Lemry respond when Mark Brittain insists that everything is about Christianity?
7. How does Sarah Byrnes' mother respond when Sarah Byrnes asks her mother to come back and testify against Virgil?
8. While Moby recovers in his hospital room, he feels pretty cocky when his mom and the police are around. How does Moby admit he feels when he is alone?
9. What is the biggest danger if Sarah Byrnes testifies unsuccessfully against her father?
10. What does the surprise visitor to Moby's hospital room ask Moby to do?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)