|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Sarah Byrnes' mother?
2. When Moby admits to Mr. Mautz that he knows where Sarah Byrnes is staying, but refuses to divulge her location, what does Mr. Mautz tell Moby to do?
(a) Think about the consequences.
(b) Go home.
(c) Go to swim practice.
(d) See an attorney.
3. When Reverend Ellerby arrives in Mr. Mautz's office, how does he greet his son?
(a) A smile.
(b) A playful punch.
(c) A slap.
(d) A scowl.
4. What GPA does Sarah Byrnes have?
5. What did Sarah Byrnes believe for a long time was the best way to cope with what her father had done to her?
(a) Become as mean as him.
(b) Get revenge.
(c) Never mention it.
(d) Pretend it didn't happen.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what Moby tells Mark about his nickname, why does he not get upset when people call him Moby - a slight about being heavy?
2. According to what Mark tells Moby when he visits him in the hospital, who came to visit Mark?
3. How long does it take Sarah Byrnes to bolt from the psych ward after the attendants catch her talking?
4. What time is it when Moby appears on Lemry's porch and says that he needs to speak to her "off the record"?
5. When Moby gets home from visiting with Sarah Byrnes, who has left a message for Moby to call him?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Brittain begins to lose it in the CAT class on the last day of their abortion discussion, what does Brittain tell Sarah Byrnes?
2. Why is Sarah Byrnes trying to find her mother?
3. How does Ms. Lemry respond when Mark Brittain insists that everything is about Christianity?
4. After hearing what the man waiting for Moby and Ellerby tells them when the two boys are called to the office during their study hall, how does Ellerby respond to the man's words?
5. What is the biggest danger if Sarah Byrnes testifies unsuccessfully against her father?
6. How is Moby able to gain access to Sarah Byrnes' room while she is at a group therapy session without arousing suspicion from the nurses?
7. After Sarah Byrnes bolts from the psych ward, why does Moby return to the psych ward to speak with Laurel?
8. As Moby retreats to his bedroom to do some thinking about Sarah Byrnes and Jody Mueller, why does Moby admit that he's scared to death to start anything up with Jody?
9. What does the surprise visitor to Moby's hospital room ask Moby to do?
10. When Ms. Lemry surprises Moby by telling him that she ran after and caught Sarah Byrnes' mother, what does Lemry reveal to Moby about her past?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)