|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Moby and Ellerby are called to the office during their study hall, who is waiting for them in Mr. Mautz's office?
(a) Mr. Lemry.
(b) Mr. Patterson.
(c) Mr. Brittain.
(d) Mr. Byrnes.
2. Who does Moby call in order to prevent panic when Moby is reported missing from the hospital?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His mom.
(d) His coach.
3. According to Ms. Lemry, when Mark recovers, what will he need from the students?
4. What did Sarah Byrnes believe for a long time was the best way to cope with what her father had done to her?
(a) Pretend it didn't happen.
(b) Get revenge.
(c) Never mention it.
(d) Become as mean as him.
5. According to what Mr. Mautz tells Moby during their lunch, what kind of kid does Mr. Mautz consider Mark Brittain to be?
(c) Highly intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Mautz ask Moby to do during their lunch?
2. How many days of sick leave is Ms. Lemry going to take to help Sarah Byrnes locate her mother?
3. As Moby recovers in the hospital from Virgil's attack, whose visit to Moby really surprises Moby?
4. When Mr. Mautz begins arguing with Reverend Ellerby about what the Reverend advocates from his pulpit, which topic does Mr. Mautz NOT mention?
5. After confessing to Sarah Byrnes that he told Ms. Lemry her secret, what does Moby try to convince Sarah Byrnes that she will be some day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Moby able to gain access to Sarah Byrnes' room while she is at a group therapy session without arousing suspicion from the nurses?
2. Why does Sarah Byrnes come back to school even though she knows her father will be looking for her?
3. As Moby recovers in his hospital room, why is Moby terribly nervous for Sarah Byrnes?
4. As Moby retreats to his bedroom to do some thinking about Sarah Byrnes and Jody Mueller, why does Moby admit that he's scared to death to start anything up with Jody?
5. While Ellerby and Moby leave Brittain alone outside of the pool, what do they decide to do at practice to teach Brittain some humility?
6. As the CAT class heads into the last day of their abortion discussion, what piece of advice does Ms. Lemry give to Ellerby?
7. While Moby recovers in his hospital room, he feels pretty cocky when his mom and the police are around. How does Moby admit he feels when he is alone?
8. When Moby and Ellerby are called to the office during their study hall, what does the man waiting for the two boys tell them?
9. Why does Moby not tell the police about Virgil's threats?
10. What did Ms. Lemry say to Sarah Byrnes that changed Sarah Byrnes' mind about Ms. Lemry?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)