|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Moby admits to Mr. Mautz that he knows where Sarah Byrnes is staying, but refuses to divulge her location, what does Mr. Mautz tell Moby to do?
(a) Think about the consequences.
(b) Go home.
(c) Go to swim practice.
(d) See an attorney.
2. What kind of car does Virgil Byrnes drive?
(a) A Toyota.
(b) A Chevrolet.
(c) An Oldsmobile.
(d) A Ford.
3. Where did Ms. Lemry grow up?
(a) Cradle Rock, Utah.
(b) Cradle Rock, Iowa.
(c) Cradle Rock, Nebraska.
(d) Cradle Rock, Minnesota.
4. When Moby opens his eyes in the hospital and is terribly groggy from the pain medication, a shadowy figure is in his doorway. Who is the shadowy figure?
(a) Mr. Mautz.
(b) Mr. Byrnes.
(c) Ms. Lemry.
(d) Mr. Ellerby.
5. What run-ins with the law does Virgil Byrnes have on his record?
(a) Trafficking stolen goods.
(c) Parking tickets.
(d) Attempted burglary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Mautz in charge of at the school?
2. According to Ms. Lemry, who is responsible for Mark's actions?
3. According to Ms. Lemry, when Mark recovers, what will he need from the students?
4. How old was Jody's fetus when she had the abortion at Mark's insistence?
5. When Virgil Byrnes surprises Moby in Moby's car, what does Virgil hold against Moby?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Moby retreats to his bedroom to do some thinking about Sarah Byrnes and Jody Mueller, what does Moby wish for the first time that he had?
2. How is Moby able to gain access to Sarah Byrnes' room while she is at a group therapy session without arousing suspicion from the nurses?
3. While Moby recovers in his hospital room, he feels pretty cocky when his mom and the police are around. How does Moby admit he feels when he is alone?
4. Why does Moby not tell the police about Virgil's threats?
5. What is the biggest danger if Sarah Byrnes testifies unsuccessfully against her father?
6. According to Jody, why did she have the abortion alone?
7. What does the surprise visitor to Moby's hospital room ask Moby to do?
8. When Jody asked Mark about the church's stand on abortion before she had hers, how did Mark answer her?
9. Moby receives quite a bit of media attention after he is attacked by Virgil Byrnes. When is the last time that Moby can remember getting this much media attention?
10. When Moby and Sarah Byrnes go for a walk, they are watched by her father. How do they communicate since Sarah Byrnes can't be seen talking?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)