|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Moby goes looking for someone to talk to about the possibility of dating Jody Mueller, who does he find folding towels by the lockers?
(a) Mark Brittain.
(b) Mr. Mautz.
(c) Steve Ellerby.
(d) Ms. Lemry.
2. When Virgil was verbally abusing Sarah Byrnes in the psych ward of the hospital, what was the name of the therapist who told Virgil that if he didn't get himself under control, he would have to leave?
3. When Reverend Ellerby arrives in Mr. Mautz's office, what does Mr. Brittain ask the Reverend to do?
(a) Have his son apolgize to Mark.
(b) Have his son go easier on Mark.
(c) Leave the discussion.
(d) Get control of his son.
4. When Moby asks the visitor to his hospital room how his visitor is feeling, what response does Moby get?
5. According to Ms. Lemry, who is responsible for Mark's actions?
(c) Mr. Mautz.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Moby gets home from visiting with Sarah Byrnes, who has left a message for Moby to call him?
2. As Moby tells Sarah Byrnes about Jody's abortion, what does Sarah Byrnes do that Moby has never seen before?
3. After Moby and Ellerby are called to the office during their study hall and Mr. Mautz starts yelling at the boys, what does Ellerby ask to do?
4. When Moby hears how Carver manipulated his way into a relationship with Moby's mother, what cereal does Moby compare Carver to?
5. Which student in the CAT class gets up and walks out after telling Ms. Lemry that Mark had been cruelly treated by everyone in the class?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the CAT class heads into the last day of their abortion discussion, what piece of advice does Ms. Lemry give to Ellerby?
2. According to Jody, why did she have the abortion alone?
3. How does Ms. Lemry respond when Mark Brittain insists that everything is about Christianity?
4. Why does Sarah Byrnes come back to school even though she knows her father will be looking for her?
5. Why does Moby not tell the police about Virgil's threats?
6. After Sarah Byrnes bolts from the psych ward, why does Moby return to the psych ward to speak with Laurel?
7. While Moby recovers in his hospital room, he feels pretty cocky when his mom and the police are around. How does Moby admit he feels when he is alone?
8. As Moby retreats to his bedroom to do some thinking about Sarah Byrnes and Jody Mueller, why does Moby admit that he's scared to death to start anything up with Jody?
9. When Moby and Ellerby are called to the office during their study hall, what does the man waiting for the two boys tell them?
10. When Moby and Sarah Byrnes go for a walk, they are watched by her father. How do they communicate since Sarah Byrnes can't be seen talking?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)