|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Sarah Byrnes to bolt from the psych ward after the attendants catch her talking?
(a) Less than 8 hours.
(b) Less than 6 hours.
(c) Less than 24 hours.
(d) Less than 16 hours.
2. When Virgil was verbally abusing Sarah Byrnes in the psych ward of the hospital, what was the name of the therapist who told Virgil that if he didn't get himself under control, he would have to leave?
3. How many days of sick leave is Ms. Lemry going to take to help Sarah Byrnes locate her mother?
(a) Two days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Three days.
4. According to what Moby tells Ms. Lemry, what does Sarah Byrnes hate more than anything?
(a) Being attacked.
(b) Not knowing.
(c) Being scared.
(d) Feeling helpless.
5. Who eventually finds Virgil Byrnes, beats Virgil up and is arrested?
(a) Wayne Haverly.
(b) Moby Calhoune.
(c) Steve Ellerby.
(d) Carver Middleton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Mautz in charge of at the school?
2. After Mr. Mautz leaves the CAT class, who feels responsible for Brittain's suicide attempt?
3. In Sarah Byrnes' dreams, what is she?
4. Who is coaching the swim team in Ms. Lemry's absence?
5. When Mr. Mautz asks Moby to have lunch with him, what does Mr. Mautz really want to find out about?
Short Essay Questions
1. While Moby recovers in his hospital room, he feels pretty cocky when his mom and the police are around. How does Moby admit he feels when he is alone?
2. As Brittain begins to lose it in the CAT class on the last day of their abortion discussion, what does Brittain tell Sarah Byrnes?
3. When Moby and Sarah Byrnes go for a walk, they are watched by her father. How do they communicate since Sarah Byrnes can't be seen talking?
4. What does the surprise visitor to Moby's hospital room ask Moby to do?
5. Why does Sarah Byrnes come back to school even though she knows her father will be looking for her?
6. As the CAT class heads into the last day of their abortion discussion, what piece of advice does Ms. Lemry give to Ellerby?
7. According to what Jody tells the class, why did Mark insist that Jody abort their child?
8. According to Carver, how did Carver manipulate his way into a relationship with Moby's mother?
9. Why does Moby not tell the police about Virgil's threats?
10. How does Sarah Byrnes' mother respond when Sarah Byrnes asks her mother to come back and testify against Virgil?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)