|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to what Dale remembers Sarah Byrnes saying about her mother, what did her mother always want to be?
(a) A musician.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A dancer.
(d) A talent scout.
2. When Virgil Byrnes surprises Moby in Moby's car, what does Virgil hold against Moby?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A knife.
(c) A taser.
(d) A gun.
3. Where did Ms. Lemry grow up?
(a) Cradle Rock, Iowa.
(b) Cradle Rock, Minnesota.
(c) Cradle Rock, Utah.
(d) Cradle Rock, Nebraska.
4. When Ms. Lemry decides to take sick leave to help Sarah Byrnes locate her mother, what will the CAT class do while Ms. Lemry is away?
(a) Have study hall.
(b) Have private time.
(c) Have Mr. Mautz lead the discussion.
(d) Have a substitute teacher.
5. What is Moby's reaction when he listens to his class members feeling responsible for Mark's actions?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Virgil was verbally abusing Sarah Byrnes in the psych ward of the hospital, what was the name of the therapist who told Virgil that if he didn't get himself under control, he would have to leave?
2. When Moby goes looking for someone to talk to about the possibility of dating Jody Mueller, who does he find folding towels by the lockers?
3. How old was Jody's fetus when she had the abortion at Mark's insistence?
4. When Sarah Byrnes and Ms. Lemry locate Sarah Byrnes' mother, what is her mother working as?
5. Who is coaching the swim team in Ms. Lemry's absence?
Short Essay Questions
1. While Ellerby and Moby leave Brittain alone outside of the pool, what do they decide to do at practice to teach Brittain some humility?
2. After hearing what the man waiting for Moby and Ellerby tells them when the two boys are called to the office during their study hall, how does Ellerby respond to the man's words?
3. How does Sarah Byrnes' mother respond when Sarah Byrnes asks her mother to come back and testify against Virgil?
4. When Ms. Lemry surprises Moby by telling him that she ran after and caught Sarah Byrnes' mother, what does Lemry reveal to Moby about her past?
5. As Brittain begins to lose it in the CAT class on the last day of their abortion discussion, what does Brittain tell Sarah Byrnes?
6. As the CAT class heads into the last day of their abortion discussion, what piece of advice does Ms. Lemry give to Ellerby?
7. When Jody asked Mark about the church's stand on abortion before she had hers, how did Mark answer her?
8. Why does Moby not tell the police about Virgil's threats?
9. According to what Jody tells the class, why did Mark insist that Jody abort their child?
10. After Sarah Byrnes bolts from the psych ward, why does Moby return to the psych ward to speak with Laurel?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)