|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to what Mark tells Moby when he visits him in the hospital, who came to visit Mark?
(a) Mr. Calhoune.
(b) Mr. Mautz.
(c) Mr. Thornton.
(d) Mr. Ellerby.
2. Where is Sarah Byrnes staying after she bolts from the psych ward?
(a) In Moby's attic.
(b) Under Ellerby's porch.
(c) In Dale's shop.
(d) Above the Lemry's garage.
3. When Ellerby and Moby return to Dale's shop, what trait of Sarah Byrnes does Dale admire?
(a) Her craftiness.
(b) Her courage.
(c) Her angst.
(d) Her tenacity.
4. When Moby admits to Mr. Mautz that he knows where Sarah Byrnes is staying, but refuses to divulge her location, what does Mr. Mautz tell Moby to do?
(a) See an attorney.
(b) Think about the consequences.
(c) Go to swim practice.
(d) Go home.
5. About how long into the study hall period did Mark Brittain wait before asking if he could speak to the class?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 40 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 5 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sarah Byrnes react when Moby tells the driver to head to Ms. Lemry's house?
2. After having lunch with Mr. Mautz, Moby decides to hang around after swim practice is over. When Lemry questions why, what does Moby tell her?
3. How long does it take Sarah Byrnes to bolt from the psych ward after the attendants catch her talking?
4. When Moby opens his eyes in the hospital and is terribly groggy from the pain medication, a shadowy figure is in his doorway. Who is the shadowy figure?
5. When the getaway car driver asks where Sarah Byrnes wants to go, what is the first suggestion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sarah Byrnes trying to find her mother?
2. When Moby and Ellerby are called to the office during their study hall, what does the man waiting for the two boys tell them?
3. While Moby recovers in his hospital room, he feels pretty cocky when his mom and the police are around. How does Moby admit he feels when he is alone?
4. Why does Sarah Byrnes come back to school even though she knows her father will be looking for her?
5. Moby receives quite a bit of media attention after he is attacked by Virgil Byrnes. When is the last time that Moby can remember getting this much media attention?
6. How does Sarah Byrnes' mother respond when Sarah Byrnes asks her mother to come back and testify against Virgil?
7. According to Jody, why did she have the abortion alone?
8. As Moby retreats to his bedroom to do some thinking about Sarah Byrnes and Jody Mueller, why does Moby admit that he's scared to death to start anything up with Jody?
9. As Moby recovers in his hospital room, why is Moby terribly nervous for Sarah Byrnes?
10. When Moby asks the person he finds folding towels their opinion about Moby's dating Jody Mueller, what response does Moby get?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)