|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Moby tells Sarah Byrnes about Jody's abortion, what does Sarah Byrnes do that Moby has never seen before?
(a) She bows her head.
(b) She faints.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She cries.
2. When Moby gets home from visiting with Sarah Byrnes, who has left a message for Moby to call him?
(a) Virgil Byrnes.
(b) Mark Brittain.
(c) Ms. Lemry.
(d) Steve Ellerby.
3. After Sarah Byrnes leaves Moby's hospital room, who does Moby immediately call?
(a) The police.
(b) His mom.
(c) Ms. Lemry.
(d) Julie Byrnes.
4. When Ms. Lemry decides to take sick leave to help Sarah Byrnes locate her mother, what will the CAT class do while Ms. Lemry is away?
(a) Have a substitute teacher.
(b) Have private time.
(c) Have Mr. Mautz lead the discussion.
(d) Have study hall.
5. How old was Jody's fetus when she had the abortion at Mark's insistence?
(a) Ten weeks.
(b) Twelve weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Eight weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what Reverend Ellerby tells Mr. Mautz in the office, why does Reverend Ellerby believe Mark attempted suicide?
2. What does Moby sneak into Sarah Byrnes' hospital room?
3. Where is the one place that Moby feels safe from Virgil Byrnes?
4. According to Ms. Lemry, who is responsible for Mark's actions?
5. When Mr. Mautz barges into Lemry's class the day after Brittain melts down in class, what does Mr. Mautz tell the class?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Moby retreats to his bedroom to do some thinking about Sarah Byrnes and Jody Mueller, what does Moby wish for the first time that he had?
2. Why does Sarah Byrnes come back to school even though she knows her father will be looking for her?
3. Why is Sarah Byrnes trying to find her mother?
4. When Ms. Lemry surprises Moby by telling him that she ran after and caught Sarah Byrnes' mother, what does Lemry reveal to Moby about her past?
5. When Moby and Sarah Byrnes go for a walk, they are watched by her father. How do they communicate since Sarah Byrnes can't be seen talking?
6. What did Ms. Lemry say to Sarah Byrnes that changed Sarah Byrnes' mind about Ms. Lemry?
7. As Moby retreats to his bedroom to do some thinking about Sarah Byrnes and Jody Mueller, why does Moby admit that he's scared to death to start anything up with Jody?
8. When Moby and Ellerby are called to the office during their study hall, what does the man waiting for the two boys tell them?
9. Moby receives quite a bit of media attention after he is attacked by Virgil Byrnes. When is the last time that Moby can remember getting this much media attention?
10. When Moby goes looking for someone to talk to about the possibility of dating Jody Mueller, why does the person he finds consider folding towels to be therapy?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)