|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ms. Lemry, who is responsible for Mark's actions?
(c) Mr. Mautz.
2. When Moby opens his eyes in the hospital and is terribly groggy from the pain medication, a shadowy figure is in his doorway. Who is the shadowy figure?
(a) Mr. Mautz.
(b) Mr. Ellerby.
(c) Ms. Lemry.
(d) Mr. Byrnes.
3. When Reverend Ellerby arrives in Mr. Mautz's office, what does Steve tell his father?
(a) That Mr. Brittain wants Steve expelled from school.
(b) That Mr. Mautz is threatening him.
(c) That he's being asked to apologize to Mark.
(d) That he's being blamed for Mark's suicide attempt.
4. When Moby hears how Carver manipulated his way into a relationship with Moby's mother, what cereal does Moby compare Carver to?
(a) Cookie Crisp.
(d) Raisin Bran.
5. When Mr. Mautz barges into Lemry's class the day after Brittain melts down in class, what does Mr. Mautz tell the class?
(a) That Brittain tried to kill himself.
(b) That Brittain dropped out of school.
(c) That Brittain ran away.
(d) That Brittain withdrew from the class.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day the students are told that Brittain attempted suicide, who comes to Moby's house for dinner?
2. After reading what Moby gives to her on the porch, what does Ms. Lemry decide to do?
3. When Moby asks the visitor to his hospital room how his visitor is feeling, what response does Moby get?
4. According to what Mr. Mautz tells Moby during their lunch, what kind of kid does Mr. Mautz consider Mark Brittain to be?
5. What did Sarah Byrnes believe for a long time was the best way to cope with what her father had done to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sarah Byrnes' mother respond when Sarah Byrnes asks her mother to come back and testify against Virgil?
2. When Moby asks the person he finds folding towels their opinion about Moby's dating Jody Mueller, what response does Moby get?
3. According to Carver, how did Carver manipulate his way into a relationship with Moby's mother?
4. While Ellerby and Moby leave Brittain alone outside of the pool, what do they decide to do at practice to teach Brittain some humility?
5. As Moby retreats to his bedroom to do some thinking about Sarah Byrnes and Jody Mueller, what does Moby wish for the first time that he had?
6. According to what Jody tells the class, why did Mark insist that Jody abort their child?
7. As Brittain begins to lose it in the CAT class on the last day of their abortion discussion, what does Brittain tell Sarah Byrnes?
8. Why does Sarah Byrnes come back to school even though she knows her father will be looking for her?
9. When Jody asked Mark about the church's stand on abortion before she had hers, how did Mark answer her?
10. Why does Moby not tell the police about Virgil's threats?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)