|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Moby gets home from visiting with Sarah Byrnes, who has left a message for Moby to call him?
(a) Virgil Byrnes.
(b) Ms. Lemry.
(c) Mark Brittain.
(d) Steve Ellerby.
2. When Mr. Mautz asks Moby to have lunch with him, what does Mr. Mautz really want to find out about?
(a) Sarah Byrnes.
(b) The swim team.
(c) The CAT class.
(d) Moby's future plans.
3. When Moby hears how Carver manipulated his way into a relationship with Moby's mother, what cereal does Moby compare Carver to?
(b) Cookie Crisp.
(c) Raisin Bran.
4. When Moby opens his eyes in the hospital and is terribly groggy from the pain medication, a shadowy figure is in his doorway. Who is the shadowy figure?
(a) Ms. Lemry.
(b) Mr. Ellerby.
(c) Mr. Byrnes.
(d) Mr. Mautz.
5. According to Ms. Lemry, what is one mistake that schools make in regard to what they ask from the students?
(a) For understanding.
(b) For good grades.
(c) For a show of perfection.
(d) For maximum participation.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what Mr. Mautz tells Moby during their lunch, what kind of kid does Mr. Mautz consider Mark Brittain to be?
2. Who is coaching the swim team in Ms. Lemry's absence?
3. What does Moby give to Ms. Lemry on her porch?
4. On Sarah Byrnes' first day back at school, who attends the CAT class?
5. When Moby and Ellerby are called to the office during their study hall, who is waiting for them in Mr. Mautz's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Moby goes looking for someone to talk to about the possibility of dating Jody Mueller, why does the person he finds consider folding towels to be therapy?
2. How is Moby able to gain access to Sarah Byrnes' room while she is at a group therapy session without arousing suspicion from the nurses?
3. What is the biggest danger if Sarah Byrnes testifies unsuccessfully against her father?
4. Why is Sarah Byrnes trying to find her mother?
5. As Moby recovers in his hospital room, why is Moby terribly nervous for Sarah Byrnes?
6. While Ellerby and Moby leave Brittain alone outside of the pool, what do they decide to do at practice to teach Brittain some humility?
7. After Sarah Byrnes bolts from the psych ward, why does Moby return to the psych ward to speak with Laurel?
8. As Moby retreats to his bedroom to do some thinking about Sarah Byrnes and Jody Mueller, why does Moby admit that he's scared to death to start anything up with Jody?
9. How does Sarah Byrnes' mother respond when Sarah Byrnes asks her mother to come back and testify against Virgil?
10. How does Ms. Lemry respond when Mark Brittain insists that everything is about Christianity?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)