|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Sarah Byrnes' first day back at school, who attends the CAT class?
(a) Mr. Brittain.
(b) Mr. Ellerby.
(c) Mr. Mautz.
(d) Mr. Byrnes.
2. After Sarah Byrnes leaves Moby's hospital room, who does Moby immediately call?
(a) His mom.
(b) Ms. Lemry.
(c) Julie Byrnes.
(d) The police.
3. The day the students are told that Brittain attempted suicide, who comes to Moby's house for dinner?
(a) Ms. Lemry.
(b) Sarah Byrnes.
4. When Mr. Mautz asks Moby to have lunch with him, what does Mr. Mautz really want to find out about?
(a) Moby's future plans.
(b) The swim team.
(c) The CAT class.
(d) Sarah Byrnes.
5. What does Sarah Byrnes consider is too mean for even her father to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Ms. Lemry tries to regain control of her class as Brittain melts down, who stands up and enters the verbal fray?
2. What is Mr. Mautz in charge of at the school?
3. According to what Dale remembers Sarah Byrnes saying about her mother, where does Dale think Sarah Byrnes' mother might be living?
4. When Sarah Byrnes and Ms. Lemry locate Sarah Byrnes' mother, what is her mother working as?
5. Which student in the CAT class gets up and walks out after telling Ms. Lemry that Mark had been cruelly treated by everyone in the class?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Moby recovers in his hospital room, why is Moby terribly nervous for Sarah Byrnes?
2. As Moby retreats to his bedroom to do some thinking about Sarah Byrnes and Jody Mueller, what does Moby wish for the first time that he had?
3. When Moby asks the person he finds folding towels their opinion about Moby's dating Jody Mueller, what response does Moby get?
4. What did Ms. Lemry say to Sarah Byrnes that changed Sarah Byrnes' mind about Ms. Lemry?
5. What does the surprise visitor to Moby's hospital room ask Moby to do?
6. While Ellerby and Moby leave Brittain alone outside of the pool, what do they decide to do at practice to teach Brittain some humility?
7. After Sarah Byrnes bolts from the psych ward, why does Moby return to the psych ward to speak with Laurel?
8. According to Carver, how did Carver manipulate his way into a relationship with Moby's mother?
9. As Moby retreats to his bedroom to do some thinking about Sarah Byrnes and Jody Mueller, why does Moby admit that he's scared to death to start anything up with Jody?
10. When Moby goes looking for someone to talk to about the possibility of dating Jody Mueller, why does the person he finds consider folding towels to be therapy?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)