|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sarah Byrnes' theory, who told Dale Thornton that Moby was responsible for "Crispy Pork Rinds"?
(a) Mr. Patterson.
(b) Mr. Mautz.
(c) Coach Stone.
(d) Ms. Lemry.
2. According to Sarah Byrnes, why did she come to the mental hospital faking her break?
(a) She needed space.
(b) She needed to heal.
(c) She needed food.
(d) She needed to think.
3. How does the narrator characterize the world in his CAT class discussion?
4. According to the "expose" on Mautz's illegitimate son for "Crispy Pork Rinds", who did Mautz's son have an affair with?
5. According to his friend's story, how old was his friend when she was burned?
(a) Fifteen years old.
(b) Four years old.
(c) Two years old.
(d) Three years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport does the narrator definitely NOT want to participate in?
2. What nickname did Dale Thornton used to call Sarah Byrnes in junior high?
3. When the story opens, what is the only thing that the narrator has from his father?
4. What is the name of the newspaper the narrator and his friend created in junior high?
5. At the time Dale suggested topics for his first article, how many issues of "Crispy Pork Rinds" had already been published?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ellerby sometimes threaten to give his Rottweiler to Moby?
2. Name Mark Brittain's three brothers and one sister.
3. According to Moby, why were he and Sarah Byrnes able to produce such a high-quality publication in junior high school when they published "Crispy Pork Rinds"?
4. When Moby returns to his desk after Jody and Mark decide to remain in the CAT class, Moby finds a note waiting for him. Who is the note from and what does it say?
5. What reason does Mark Brittain give to Ms. Lemry as an explanation for why he and Jody want to drop the CAT class?
6. Why does the narrator's English teacher call him Double-E?
7. What is the main reason that Moby does not let people get close to him?
8. Who is Huey-Dewey?
9. How does Moby describe his high school principal?
10. How do the counselors on the psych unit know that Sarah Byrnes can hear them?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)