|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ellerby tried to run away after his brother was killed, where did Ellerby try to go?
(a) His mother's house.
(b) His friend's house.
(c) His sister's house.
(d) His uncle's house.
2. When the CAT class volunteer plays a tape to start his presentation, what song does the volunteer play?
(a) "From a Distance".
(b) "God is Watching Us".
(c) "Rolling on a River".
(d) "Life is Just a Dream".
3. Who is the narrator going to the hospital to visit after finishing practice?
(a) Jody Mueller.
(b) Sarah Byrnes.
(c) Mark Brittain.
(d) Dale Thornton.
4. According to Jody and Moby's discussion, what isn't getting talked about in the CAT discussion of abortion?
(a) The science.
(b) The emptiness.
(c) The health risks.
(d) The procedure.
5. When Ms. Lemry asks for volunteers to present their subject for the CAT class presentation, who goes first?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what does he share with his hospitalized friend?
2. How old was Ellerby when his brother was killed?
3. How many swimmers finish the full 100 100's?
4. After Sarah Byrnes and Dale Thornton got into a major fight over what really happened to cause Sarah Byrnes' scars, how many more editions of "Crispy Pork Rinds" were printed?
5. What is the name of the narrator's English teacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the story opens, how does the narrator describe his father?
2. How does Moby describe his high school principal?
3. When Mark and Jody are trying to drop the CAT class, what does Moby whisper into Jody's ear?
4. According to what the narrator's hospitalized friend told him, why were her burns never surgically corrected?
5. Why does Ms. Lemry say she'll sign Mark's drop card, but refuse to sign Jody's drop card?
6. Why does Ellerby sometimes threaten to give his Rottweiler to Moby?
7. Before visiting his friend in the hospital, how long had it been since the narrator had been on the psychiatric unit and why had he been there?
8. Who is Huey-Dewey?
9. Which of Moby's dysfunctional behaviors does his mother hate the most?
10. Why does the narrator's English teacher call him Double-E?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)