|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sarah Byrnes finally begins to talk to Moby at the hospital, how long has it been since she was burned by her father?
(a) Two years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Fourteen years.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 6 when Moby goes to visit Sarah Byrnes, who is already with her when Moby arrives?
3. After finishing practice at the beginning of the book, where does the narrator go?
(a) Riley Children's Hospital.
(b) St. Vincent's Hospital.
(c) Sacred Heart Hospital.
(d) Fairview Hospital.
4. How many students are enrolled in the CAT class?
5. What does CAT stand for?
(a) Contemplative American Thought.
(b) Categorical American Thought.
(c) Creative American Thought.
(d) Contemporary American Thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator's coach?
2. After doing 92 of the 100's, how many swimmers are left?
3. In Chapter 3, Moby and Ellerby are heading towards a "special" workout. How many 100's are scheduled for the day's workout?
4. How old was Ellerby when his brother was killed?
5. When Dale Thornton first became involved in "Crispy Pork Rinds," who did Dale suggest has the subject for his first article?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the surprise visitor to Moby's hospital room ask Moby to do?
2. What reason does Mark Brittain give to Ms. Lemry as an explanation for why he and Jody want to drop the CAT class?
3. Why does Moby not tell the police about Virgil's threats?
4. What is Ms. Lemry's initial argument to Mark when he tries to drop the CAT class?
5. What is nearly impossible for Moby to admit to other people?
6. According to Carver, how did Carver manipulate his way into a relationship with Moby's mother?
7. How is Moby able to gain access to Sarah Byrnes' room while she is at a group therapy session without arousing suspicion from the nurses?
8. Why is Sarah Byrnes trying to find her mother?
9. Why does Ms. Lemry say she'll sign Mark's drop card, but refuse to sign Jody's drop card?
10. As the CAT class heads into the last day of their abortion discussion, what piece of advice does Ms. Lemry give to Ellerby?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)