|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jody and Moby's discussion, what isn't getting talked about in the CAT discussion of abortion?
(a) The emptiness.
(b) The science.
(c) The procedure.
(d) The health risks.
2. After "Crispy Pork Rinds" folded, how many hollow gumballs did Byrnes and Moby distribute to people who had "wronged" them?
3. When the story opens, how old is the narrator?
4. When Moby is eavesdropping as Mark tries to drop CAT, what does Moby liken Mark's memory to?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A fax machine.
(c) A telephone.
(d) A copier.
5. In Dale's opinion, what is the very worst thing to be called by someone else?
(a) A liar.
(c) A moron.
(d) A thief.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ms. Lemry during the abortion discussion, what is Ellerby prone to?
2. When the CAT discussion on abortion begins, who presents their views first?
3. When the story opens, the narrator is describing when his father left his mother. At that time, how much longer did the narrator still have in the "darkroom"?
4. As Moby reflects on his date with Jody, he thinks he's not a good soldier. He thinks he's a better what?
5. After sharing her painful story with Moby, what does Sarah Byrnes do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Moby describe his high school principal?
2. What advice does the counselor give to the narrator when he first visits his friend at the hospital?
3. According to what Ellerby tells Moby, why has Ellerby to this point stayed as far away from Sarah Byrnes as possible?
4. When Moby returns to his desk after Jody and Mark decide to remain in the CAT class, Moby finds a note waiting for him. Who is the note from and what does it say?
5. What is the deal regarding musical equipment that Moby and his mother have?
6. What is the main reason that Moby does not let people get close to him?
7. According to the bumper sticker on Ellerby's car, what are the wages of sin?
8. Why does Moby not keep a journal - even though his mother has been encouraging him to do so since grade school?
9. Why does the narrator's English teacher call him Double-E?
10. Describe the only time that Moby's mother had ever laid a hand on her son.
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)