|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Sarah Byrnes' visitor is leaving in Chapter 6, what does her visitor ask Moby?
(a) If Sarah Byrnes has spoken to Moby.
(b) If Sarah Byrnes has touched Moby.
(c) If Sarah Byrnes has written to Moby.
(d) If Sarah Byrnes has laughed with Moby.
2. What is the name of the eighth grader who bullied both the narrator and his hospitalized friend while they were in junior high?
(a) David Gould.
(b) Mark Brittain.
(c) Eric Calhoune.
(d) Dale Thornton.
3. According to Sarah Byrnes, why did she come to the mental hospital faking her break?
(a) She needed to heal.
(b) She needed food.
(c) She needed space.
(d) She needed to think.
4. After Sarah Byrnes and Dale Thornton got into a major fight over what really happened to cause Sarah Byrnes' scars, how many more editions of "Crispy Pork Rinds" were printed?
5. According to the narrator, how long had he "stayed fat" for his friend?
(a) Eight months.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Dale Thornton's father?
2. According to Jody and Moby's discussion, what isn't getting talked about in the CAT discussion of abortion?
3. Why did Sarah Byrnes crash into her dad the night she was burned?
4. According to what Sarah Byrnes told Dale as he suggested topics for his first article, what did Sarah Byrnes see herself as?
5. According to his friend's story, how old was his friend when she was burned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Mark Brittain give to Ms. Lemry as an explanation for why he and Jody want to drop the CAT class?
2. Describe the only time that Moby's mother had ever laid a hand on her son.
3. What is the deal regarding musical equipment that Moby and his mother have?
4. Why does Ellerby sometimes threaten to give his Rottweiler to Moby?
5. When Mark and Jody are trying to drop the CAT class, what does Moby whisper into Jody's ear?
6. In the CAT class, why does Ms. Lemry decide that the class will spend several days discussing the topic of abortion?
7. According to the bumper sticker on Ellerby's car, what are the wages of sin?
8. Why does Ms. Lemry say she'll sign Mark's drop card, but refuse to sign Jody's drop card?
9. What advice does the counselor give to the narrator when he first visits his friend at the hospital?
10. How does the narrator describe his hospitalized friend without spirit in her eyes?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)