|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dale Thornton first became involved in "Crispy Pork Rinds," who did Dale suggest has the subject for his first article?
(a) Joe Marcus.
(b) Elgin Green.
(c) Steve Cornell.
(d) Mark Brittain.
2. Who is NOT enrolled in Ms. Lemry's CAT class?
(a) Dale Thornton.
(b) Jody Mueller.
(c) Mark Brittain.
(d) Steve Ellerby.
3. What is Ms. Lemry's overriding rule for discussions taking place in the CAT class?
(a) No personal remarks.
(b) No prayers.
(c) No blasphemy.
(d) No poorly constructed arguments.
4. When Ellerby tried to run away after his brother was killed, where did Ellerby try to go?
(a) His sister's house.
(b) His mother's house.
(c) His friend's house.
(d) His uncle's house.
5. In what city does the story take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the principal at the high school?
2. When Jody asks Moby to meet her after he finishes swim practice, where do they agree to meet?
3. According to the narrator, what does he share with his hospitalized friend?
4. When Sarah Byrnes finally begins to talk to Moby at the hospital, how long has it been since she was burned by her father?
5. According to Moby, what does Sarah Byrnes' father make Mr. Mautz look like in comparison?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Moby not tell the police about Virgil's threats?
2. What does the surprise visitor to Moby's hospital room ask Moby to do?
3. Why is Sarah Byrnes trying to find her mother?
4. What is nearly impossible for Moby to admit to other people?
5. How do the counselors on the psych unit know that Sarah Byrnes can hear them?
6. What is the deal regarding musical equipment that Moby and his mother have?
7. After Sarah Byrnes bolts from the psych ward, why does Moby return to the psych ward to speak with Laurel?
8. Why does Ellerby sometimes threaten to give his Rottweiler to Moby?
9. When Moby goes looking for someone to talk to about the possibility of dating Jody Mueller, why does the person he finds consider folding towels to be therapy?
10. According to Jody, why did she have the abortion alone?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)