|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the story opens, the narrator is describing when his father left his mother. At that time, how much longer did the narrator still have in the "darkroom"?
(a) Two months.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) Two weeks.
2. When the story opens, what is the only thing that the narrator has from his father?
(a) A letter.
(b) A book.
(c) A recording.
(d) A picture.
3. What is Mr. Ellerby's occupation?
4. According to Ms. Lemry during the abortion discussion, what is Ellerby prone to?
5. When Ms. Lemry asks for volunteers to present their subject for the CAT class presentation, who goes first?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sarah Byrnes had appeared at Moby's house as Moby was revising the Huey-Dewey article, who was with Sarah Byrnes?
2. When the CAT class volunteer plays a tape to start his presentation, what song does the volunteer play?
3. When Ellerby and Moby begin discussing Ellerby's relationship with his father, how does Ellerby characterize the relationship?
4. When Moby and his mother discuss her boyfriend's modesty levels, who does Moby say his mother's boyfriend is too modest for?
5. After "Crispy Pork Rinds" folded, how many hollow gumballs did Byrnes and Moby distribute to people who had "wronged" them?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mark and Jody are trying to drop the CAT class, what does Moby whisper into Jody's ear?
2. What does the tattoo on Dale Thornton's forearm say?
3. Which of Moby's dysfunctional behaviors does his mother hate the most?
4. What is nearly impossible for Moby to admit to other people?
5. How does Moby describe his high school principal?
6. In the CAT class, why does Ms. Lemry decide that the class will spend several days discussing the topic of abortion?
7. According to Moby, why were he and Sarah Byrnes able to produce such a high-quality publication in junior high school when they published "Crispy Pork Rinds"?
8. Name Mark Brittain's three brothers and one sister.
9. When Moby returns to his desk after Jody and Mark decide to remain in the CAT class, Moby finds a note waiting for him. Who is the note from and what does it say?
10. Why does Moby not keep a journal - even though his mother has been encouraging him to do so since grade school?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)