Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jody asks Moby to meet her after he finishes swim practice, where do they agree to meet?
(a) At Moby's house.
(b) At Jody's house.
(c) At the hospital.
(d) At the Burger Barn.
2. What is the name of the counselor that introduces herself to the narrator?
3. What is the name of the narrator's English teacher?
(a) Ms. Shipley.
(b) Ms. Lemry.
(c) Mr. Mautz.
(d) Mr. Stone.
4. About how many hours per day does the narrator practice his sport?
5. According to Sarah Byrnes, why did she come to the mental hospital faking her break?
(a) She needed to think.
(b) She needed space.
(c) She needed to heal.
(d) She needed food.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Moby is eavesdropping as Mark tries to drop CAT, what does Moby liken Mark's memory to?
2. What is the name of Moby's mother's new boyfriend?
3. As Sarah Byrnes' visitor is leaving in Chapter 6, what does her visitor ask Moby?
4. After Sarah Byrnes and Dale Thornton got into a major fight over what really happened to cause Sarah Byrnes' scars, how many more editions of "Crispy Pork Rinds" were printed?
5. During his senior year when Moby goes to find Dale Thornton again, what is Dale doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ms. Lemry say she'll sign Mark's drop card, but refuse to sign Jody's drop card?
2. When Moby returns to his desk after Jody and Mark decide to remain in the CAT class, Moby finds a note waiting for him. Who is the note from and what does it say?
3. What does the tattoo on Dale Thornton's forearm say?
4. How does Moby describe his high school principal?
5. When Jody asked Mark about the church's stand on abortion before she had hers, how did Mark answer her?
6. As Moby retreats to his bedroom to do some thinking about Sarah Byrnes and Jody Mueller, why does Moby admit that he's scared to death to start anything up with Jody?
7. What does the surprise visitor to Moby's hospital room ask Moby to do?
8. Why is Sarah Byrnes trying to find her mother?
9. According to his mother, what attribute does the narrator possess that his father did not?
10. When Moby goes looking for someone to talk to about the possibility of dating Jody Mueller, why does the person he finds consider folding towels to be therapy?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)