|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the CAT discussion on abortion begins, who presents their views first?
(a) Sally Eaton.
(b) Steve Ellerby.
(c) Megan Buckman.
(d) Mark Brittain.
2. According to the "expose" on Mautz's illegitimate son for "Crispy Pork Rinds", who did Mautz's son have an affair with?
3. When Moby and his mother discuss her boyfriend's modesty levels, who does Moby say his mother's boyfriend is too modest for?
(a) Vanilla Ice.
(b) Barry Manilow.
(c) Snoop Dog.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
4. As Sarah Byrnes' visitor is leaving in Chapter 6, what does her visitor ask Moby?
(a) If Sarah Byrnes has written to Moby.
(b) If Sarah Byrnes has laughed with Moby.
(c) If Sarah Byrnes has touched Moby.
(d) If Sarah Byrnes has spoken to Moby.
5. After doing 92 of the 100's, how many swimmers are left?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the effort to have Ellerby prohibited from driving his car to swim meets?
2. Who is the narrator going to the hospital to visit after finishing practice?
3. According to what Moby tells the hospital counselor, how many times has Moby been to Sarah Byrnes' house since meeting her in grade school?
4. After Sarah Byrnes and Dale Thornton got into a major fight over what really happened to cause Sarah Byrnes' scars, how many more editions of "Crispy Pork Rinds" were printed?
5. What sport does the narrator participate in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ellerby react at the "special" Saturday practice when Brittain and his lane members bow for prayer before beginning their set?
2. What does the tattoo on Dale Thornton's forearm say?
3. According to what the narrator's hospitalized friend told him, why were her burns never surgically corrected?
4. How does the narrator describe his hospitalized friend without spirit in her eyes?
5. As the story opens, how does the narrator describe his mother?
6. What is the main reason that Moby does not let people get close to him?
7. According to Moby, why were he and Sarah Byrnes able to produce such a high-quality publication in junior high school when they published "Crispy Pork Rinds"?
8. Which of Moby's dysfunctional behaviors does his mother hate the most?
9. Name Mark Brittain's three brothers and one sister.
10. What is the deal regarding musical equipment that Moby and his mother have?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)