|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his senior year when Moby goes to find Dale Thornton again, what is Dale doing?
(a) Playing a video game.
(b) Cleaning a gun.
(c) Working on a car.
(d) Harassing a kid.
2. What sport does the narrator participate in?
3. After "Crispy Pork Rinds" folded, Byrnes and Moby distributed hollow gumballs to people who had "wronged" them. What were the gumballs laced with?
(c) Jalapeno peppers.
(d) Tabasco sauce.
4. According to the "expose" on Mautz's illegitimate son for "Crispy Pork Rinds", how long did Mautz's son's illicit affair last?
(a) Eight months.
(b) Two months.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) Two years.
5. What stroke is Moby's swimming specialty?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many swimmers finish the full 100 100's?
2. How long was Dale Thornton away from school after Mr. Mautz called Dale's father regarding the chewing tobacco?
3. When Jody and Moby meet after Moby's swim practice, what does Jody tell Moby?
4. When Ellerby and Moby begin discussing Ellerby's relationship with his father, for how long have Moby and Ellerby known each other?
5. What is the name of the counselor that introduces herself to the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Moby, why were he and Sarah Byrnes able to produce such a high-quality publication in junior high school when they published "Crispy Pork Rinds"?
2. Back in junior high, what was the deal that Sarah Byrnes offered to Dale Thornton while they were in Moby's attic room?
3. Name Mark Brittain's three brothers and one sister.
4. When Mark and Jody are trying to drop the CAT class, what does Moby whisper into Jody's ear?
5. According to what Ellerby tells Moby, why has Ellerby to this point stayed as far away from Sarah Byrnes as possible?
6. Why does Moby not keep a journal - even though his mother has been encouraging him to do so since grade school?
7. What advice does the counselor give to the narrator when he first visits his friend at the hospital?
8. Which of Moby's dysfunctional behaviors does his mother hate the most?
9. Why does the narrator's English teacher call him Double-E?
10. How does Ellerby react at the "special" Saturday practice when Brittain and his lane members bow for prayer before beginning their set?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)