|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, how long had he "stayed fat" for his friend?
(a) Eight months.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
2. What is the name of the counselor that introduces herself to the narrator?
3. When questioned about creating the junior high newspaper, what did the narrator do?
(a) Cite the Fifth Amendment.
(b) Cite the School Rulebook.
(c) Cite the Constitution.
(d) Cite the Student Bill of Rights.
4. According to Sarah Byrnes, what is in Dale Thornton's front yard?
(a) A flower bed.
(b) A tree house.
(c) Old cars.
(d) A rabid dog.
5. What sport does the narrator definitely NOT want to participate in?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many students are enrolled in the CAT class?
2. When Brittain confronts Moby about the 100's set in CAT, why does Moby tell Brittain that Brittain had a free ride for the first 97 100's?
3. What is Mr. Ellerby's occupation?
4. When Jody and Moby meet after Moby's swim practice, what does Jody tell Moby?
5. What stroke is Moby's swimming specialty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main reason that Moby does not let people get close to him?
2. How does the narrator describe his hospitalized friend without spirit in her eyes?
3. Before visiting his friend in the hospital, how long had it been since the narrator had been on the psychiatric unit and why had he been there?
4. According to what Dale Thornton tells Moby in front of Moby's house, how did Sarah Byrnes get the burns on her face?
5. What is the deal regarding musical equipment that Moby and his mother have?
6. Back in junior high, what was the deal that Sarah Byrnes offered to Dale Thornton while they were in Moby's attic room?
7. What advice does the counselor give to the narrator when he first visits his friend at the hospital?
8. What reason does Mark Brittain give to Ms. Lemry as an explanation for why he and Jody want to drop the CAT class?
9. How does Ellerby react at the "special" Saturday practice when Brittain and his lane members bow for prayer before beginning their set?
10. How do the counselors on the psych unit know that Sarah Byrnes can hear them?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)