|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jody asks Moby to meet her after he finishes swim practice, where do they agree to meet?
(a) At Jody's house.
(b) At the hospital.
(c) At Moby's house.
(d) At the Burger Barn.
2. In Dale's opinion, what is the very worst thing to be called by someone else?
(a) A liar.
(c) A thief.
(d) A moron.
3. What nickname did Dale Thornton used to call Sarah Byrnes in junior high?
(b) Crater Face.
(c) Burn Baby.
(d) Burn girl.
4. About how many hours per day does the narrator practice his sport?
5. When Ellerby and Moby begin discussing Ellerby's relationship with his father, for how long have Moby and Ellerby known each other?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Four years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ellerby tried to run away after his brother was killed, how many blocks did Ellerby get before getting picked up by the police?
2. What is Ms. Lemry's overriding rule for discussions taking place in the CAT class?
3. After doing 92 of the 100's, how many swimmers are left?
4. When the story opens, how old is the narrator?
5. Where does Huey-Dewey live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator's English teacher call him Double-E?
2. According to what the narrator's hospitalized friend told him, why were her burns never surgically corrected?
3. What does the tattoo on Dale Thornton's forearm say?
4. Name Mark Brittain's three brothers and one sister.
5. When Moby returns to his desk after Jody and Mark decide to remain in the CAT class, Moby finds a note waiting for him. Who is the note from and what does it say?
6. When Mark and Jody are trying to drop the CAT class, what does Moby whisper into Jody's ear?
7. According to what Dale Thornton tells Moby in front of Moby's house, how did Sarah Byrnes get the burns on her face?
8. How does the narrator describe his hospitalized friend without spirit in her eyes?
9. According to the bumper sticker on Ellerby's car, what are the wages of sin?
10. What is the main reason that Moby does not let people get close to him?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)