|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the eighth grader who bullied both the narrator and his hospitalized friend while they were in junior high?
(a) Mark Brittain.
(b) David Gould.
(c) Dale Thornton.
(d) Eric Calhoune.
2. What is Mr. Ellerby's occupation?
3. How many students in the CAT class does Moby know have picketed outside the town's abortion clinic?
4. Why did Sarah Byrnes refuse to write an expose on the person Dale suggested for his first article?
(a) The person Dale suggested was helpless.
(b) The person Dale suggested was vicious.
(c) The person Dale suggested was hopeless.
(d) The person Dale suggested was sick.
5. What does the narrator's mother think his father teaches?
Short Answer Questions
1. After doing 92 of the 100's, how many swimmers are left?
2. How many swimmers finish the full 100 100's?
3. According to what Moby tells the hospital counselor, when did Dale Thornton drop out of school?
4. How many students are enrolled in the CAT class?
5. When Jody sits back down after Ms. Lemry refuses to sign her drop card for the CAT class, Moby is disappointed in Jody. What does Moby refer to Jody as?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ellerby sometimes threaten to give his Rottweiler to Moby?
2. Name Mark Brittain's three brothers and one sister.
3. As the story opens, how does the narrator describe his father?
4. What is nearly impossible for Moby to admit to other people?
5. How does Ellerby react at the "special" Saturday practice when Brittain and his lane members bow for prayer before beginning their set?
6. Back in junior high, what was the deal that Sarah Byrnes offered to Dale Thornton while they were in Moby's attic room?
7. According to what the narrator's hospitalized friend told him, why were her burns never surgically corrected?
8. When Mark and Jody are trying to drop the CAT class, what does Moby whisper into Jody's ear?
9. What is the main reason that Moby does not let people get close to him?
10. Which of Moby's dysfunctional behaviors does his mother hate the most?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)