|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 6 when Moby goes to visit Sarah Byrnes, who is already with her when Moby arrives?
2. Where did Moby and Ellerby first meet?
(a) In eight grade homeroom.
(b) In first grade.
(c) At baseball try-outs.
(d) At swim practice.
3. How long was Dale Thornton away from school after Mr. Mautz called Dale's father regarding the chewing tobacco?
(a) One week.
(b) Three days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Six days.
4. According to what Moby tells the hospital counselor, when did Dale Thornton drop out of school?
(a) After ninth grade.
(b) After eighth grade.
(c) After seventh grade.
(d) After tenth grade.
5. When Ms. Lemry asks for volunteers to present their subject for the CAT class presentation, who goes first?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the effort to have Ellerby prohibited from driving his car to swim meets?
2. What color does the person visiting Sarah Byrnes in Chapter 6 traditionally wear?
3. When Ellerby and Moby begin discussing Ellerby's relationship with his father, for how long have Moby and Ellerby known each other?
4. What nickname did Dale Thornton used to call Sarah Byrnes in junior high?
5. According to the narrator, what does he share with his hospitalized friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Back in junior high, what was the deal that Sarah Byrnes offered to Dale Thornton while they were in Moby's attic room?
2. According to what Jody tells the class, why did Mark insist that Jody abort their child?
3. Why does Moby not tell the police about Virgil's threats?
4. What advice does the counselor give to the narrator when he first visits his friend at the hospital?
5. As Moby retreats to his bedroom to do some thinking about Sarah Byrnes and Jody Mueller, what does Moby wish for the first time that he had?
6. How does Moby describe his high school principal?
7. How do the counselors on the psych unit know that Sarah Byrnes can hear them?
8. What is the main reason that Moby does not let people get close to him?
9. What is Ms. Lemry's initial argument to Mark when he tries to drop the CAT class?
10. Describe the only time that Moby's mother had ever laid a hand on her son.
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)