|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many total swimmers (boys and girls) are on the school's swim team?
2. According to the "expose" on Mautz's illegitimate son for "Crispy Pork Rinds", who did Mautz's son have an affair with?
3. Who is NOT enrolled in Ms. Lemry's CAT class?
(a) Dale Thornton.
(b) Steve Ellerby.
(c) Jody Mueller.
(d) Mark Brittain.
4. Who is the first person during the abortion discussion to bring up the argument that abortion is not murder; it is a choice?
(a) Steve Ellerby.
(b) Cynthia Parrish.
(c) Megan Buckman.
(d) Sally Eaton.
5. According to Jody and Moby's discussion, what isn't getting talked about in the CAT discussion of abortion?
(a) The procedure.
(b) The emptiness.
(c) The science.
(d) The health risks.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Moby reflects on his date with Jody, Moby realizes that he needs to have a talk with someone. Who does Moby need to talk with?
2. What color does the person visiting Sarah Byrnes in Chapter 6 traditionally wear?
3. When the CAT class volunteer plays a tape to start his presentation, what song does the volunteer play?
4. After doing 85 of the 100's, how many swimmers are left?
5. Why did Sarah Byrnes refuse to write an expose on the person Dale suggested for his first article?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe his hospitalized friend without spirit in her eyes?
2. According to what Ellerby tells Moby, why has Ellerby to this point stayed as far away from Sarah Byrnes as possible?
3. Why does the narrator's English teacher call him Double-E?
4. As the story opens, how does the narrator describe his father?
5. Why does Moby not keep a journal - even though his mother has been encouraging him to do so since grade school?
6. In the CAT class, why does Ms. Lemry decide that the class will spend several days discussing the topic of abortion?
7. Why does Ellerby sometimes threaten to give his Rottweiler to Moby?
8. According to what Dale Thornton tells Moby in front of Moby's house, how did Sarah Byrnes get the burns on her face?
9. According to his mother, what attribute does the narrator possess that his father did not?
10. As the story opens, how does the narrator describe his mother?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)