|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ellerby is called on to present his ideas around the abortion issue, what does Ellerby change the discussion to?
(a) Life after birth.
(b) Life after marriage.
(c) Life after sex.
(d) Life after conception.
2. What color does the person visiting Sarah Byrnes in Chapter 6 traditionally wear?
3. About how many hours per day does the narrator practice his sport?
4. As Sarah Byrnes' visitor is leaving in Chapter 6, what does her visitor ask Moby?
(a) If Sarah Byrnes has written to Moby.
(b) If Sarah Byrnes has laughed with Moby.
(c) If Sarah Byrnes has spoken to Moby.
(d) If Sarah Byrnes has touched Moby.
5. After sharing her painful story with Moby, what does Sarah Byrnes do?
(a) Tell the nurses the truth.
(b) Starts to cry.
(c) Swears Moby to secrecy.
(d) Runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what Moby tells the hospital counselor, when did Dale Thornton drop out of school?
2. What sport does the narrator participate in?
3. What nickname does the narrator go by?
4. When the CAT discussion on abortion begins, who presents their views first?
5. When the story opens, what is the only thing that the narrator has from his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ms. Lemry's initial argument to Mark when he tries to drop the CAT class?
2. How does Moby describe his high school principal?
3. According to Moby, why were he and Sarah Byrnes able to produce such a high-quality publication in junior high school when they published "Crispy Pork Rinds"?
4. What reason does Mark Brittain give to Ms. Lemry as an explanation for why he and Jody want to drop the CAT class?
5. How does Ellerby react at the "special" Saturday practice when Brittain and his lane members bow for prayer before beginning their set?
6. According to his mother, what attribute does the narrator possess that his father did not?
7. What does the tattoo on Dale Thornton's forearm say?
8. How does the narrator describe his hospitalized friend without spirit in her eyes?
9. What advice does the counselor give to the narrator when he first visits his friend at the hospital?
10. What is the deal regarding musical equipment that Moby and his mother have?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)