|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ms. Lemry's overriding rule for discussions taking place in the CAT class?
(a) No personal remarks.
(b) No blasphemy.
(c) No prayers.
(d) No poorly constructed arguments.
2. According to the narrator, how long had he "stayed fat" for his friend?
(a) Six months.
(b) Eight months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
3. What is the name of the eighth grader who bullied both the narrator and his hospitalized friend while they were in junior high?
(a) David Gould.
(b) Mark Brittain.
(c) Dale Thornton.
(d) Eric Calhoune.
4. After finishing practice at the beginning of the book, where does the narrator go?
(a) Riley Children's Hospital.
(b) St. Vincent's Hospital.
(c) Fairview Hospital.
(d) Sacred Heart Hospital.
5. According to what Sarah Byrnes told Dale as he suggested topics for his first article, what did Sarah Byrnes see herself as?
(a) Righter of wrongs.
(b) Instrument of justice.
(c) Ultimate bully.
(d) Champion for the underdog.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many students are enrolled in the CAT class?
2. When Sarah Byrnes finally begins to talk to Moby at the hospital, how long has it been since she was burned by her father?
3. What is the name of Moby's mother's new boyfriend?
4. Who is the first person during the abortion discussion to bring up the argument that abortion is not murder; it is a choice?
5. What is the name of Ellerby's car?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ellerby sometimes threaten to give his Rottweiler to Moby?
2. How does the narrator describe his hospitalized friend without spirit in her eyes?
3. How does Ellerby react at the "special" Saturday practice when Brittain and his lane members bow for prayer before beginning their set?
4. What advice does the counselor give to the narrator when he first visits his friend at the hospital?
5. According to what the narrator's hospitalized friend told him, why were her burns never surgically corrected?
6. Name Mark Brittain's three brothers and one sister.
7. When Mark and Jody are trying to drop the CAT class, what does Moby whisper into Jody's ear?
8. According to Moby, why were he and Sarah Byrnes able to produce such a high-quality publication in junior high school when they published "Crispy Pork Rinds"?
9. How does Moby describe his high school principal?
10. In the CAT class, why does Ms. Lemry decide that the class will spend several days discussing the topic of abortion?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)