|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When questioned about creating the junior high newspaper, what did the narrator do?
(a) Cite the Student Bill of Rights.
(b) Cite the School Rulebook.
(c) Cite the Constitution.
(d) Cite the Fifth Amendment.
2. How old was Ellerby when his brother was killed?
(a) Twelve years old.
(b) Six years old.
(c) Nine years old.
(d) Fourteen years old.
3. When Sarah Byrnes finally begins to talk to Moby at the hospital, how long has it been since she was burned by her father?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Fourteen years.
4. On the 95th 100, how many seconds do Ellerby and Moby plan to go under the standard?
5. After doing 85 of the 100's, how many swimmers are left?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many students are enrolled in the CAT class?
2. According to his friend's story, how old was his friend when she was burned?
3. Where does Huey-Dewey live?
4. According to Moby, what does Sarah Byrnes' father make Mr. Mautz look like in comparison?
5. After finishing practice at the beginning of the book, where does the narrator go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Moby not keep a journal - even though his mother has been encouraging him to do so since grade school?
2. According to his mother, what attribute does the narrator possess that his father did not?
3. Name Mark Brittain's three brothers and one sister.
4. How does Moby describe his high school principal?
5. According to the bumper sticker on Ellerby's car, what are the wages of sin?
6. When Mark and Jody are trying to drop the CAT class, what does Moby whisper into Jody's ear?
7. Who is Huey-Dewey?
8. What reason does Mark Brittain give to Ms. Lemry as an explanation for why he and Jody want to drop the CAT class?
9. What is nearly impossible for Moby to admit to other people?
10. When Moby returns to his desk after Jody and Mark decide to remain in the CAT class, Moby finds a note waiting for him. Who is the note from and what does it say?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)