|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the world in his CAT class discussion?
2. Who is NOT enrolled in Ms. Lemry's CAT class?
(a) Steve Ellerby.
(b) Mark Brittain.
(c) Dale Thornton.
(d) Jody Mueller.
3. What is the name of the counselor that introduces herself to the narrator?
4. When Moby and his mother discuss her boyfriend's modesty levels, who does Moby say his mother's boyfriend is too modest for?
(a) Frank Sinatra.
(b) Snoop Dog.
(c) Barry Manilow.
(d) Vanilla Ice.
5. Why did Sarah Byrnes crash into her dad the night she was burned?
(a) She was trying to save herself.
(b) She was trying to save her mom.
(c) She was trying to escape.
(d) She was trying to save her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to his friend's story, how old was his friend when she was burned?
2. What is the name of Dale Thornton's father?
3. Who is the first person during the abortion discussion to bring up the argument that abortion is not murder; it is a choice?
4. According to the "expose" on Mautz's illegitimate son for "Crispy Pork Rinds", how long did Mautz's son's illicit affair last?
5. What does the CAT teacher use as the subtitle for her class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is nearly impossible for Moby to admit to other people?
2. Why does Ellerby sometimes threaten to give his Rottweiler to Moby?
3. What is Ms. Lemry's initial argument to Mark when he tries to drop the CAT class?
4. According to Moby, why were he and Sarah Byrnes able to produce such a high-quality publication in junior high school when they published "Crispy Pork Rinds"?
5. As the story opens, how does the narrator describe his mother?
6. What reason does Mark Brittain give to Ms. Lemry as an explanation for why he and Jody want to drop the CAT class?
7. What is the deal regarding musical equipment that Moby and his mother have?
8. How do the counselors on the psych unit know that Sarah Byrnes can hear them?
9. Before visiting his friend in the hospital, how long had it been since the narrator had been on the psychiatric unit and why had he been there?
10. How does the narrator describe his hospitalized friend without spirit in her eyes?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)