|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does CAT stand for?
(a) Creative American Thought.
(b) Categorical American Thought.
(c) Contemporary American Thought.
(d) Contemplative American Thought.
2. About how many hours per day does the narrator practice his sport?
3. When the CAT discussion on abortion begins, who presents their views first?
(a) Mark Brittain.
(b) Sally Eaton.
(c) Steve Ellerby.
(d) Megan Buckman.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 6 when Moby goes to visit Sarah Byrnes, who is already with her when Moby arrives?
5. What is the name of the newspaper the narrator and his friend created in junior high?
(a) "Crispy Corn Dogs."
(b) "Crispy Pork Rinds."
(c) "Crispy Chips."
(d) "Crispy Bacon Fat."
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jody asks Moby to meet her after he finishes swim practice, where do they agree to meet?
2. What stroke is Moby's swimming specialty?
3. On the 95th 100, how many seconds do Ellerby and Moby plan to go under the standard?
4. After "Crispy Pork Rinds" folded, how many hollow gumballs did Byrnes and Moby distribute to people who had "wronged" them?
5. How many students in the CAT class does Moby know have picketed outside the town's abortion clinic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ms. Lemry's initial argument to Mark when he tries to drop the CAT class?
2. According to the bumper sticker on Ellerby's car, what are the wages of sin?
3. Which of Moby's dysfunctional behaviors does his mother hate the most?
4. Why does Ms. Lemry say she'll sign Mark's drop card, but refuse to sign Jody's drop card?
5. What reason does Mark Brittain give to Ms. Lemry as an explanation for why he and Jody want to drop the CAT class?
6. Why does Moby not keep a journal - even though his mother has been encouraging him to do so since grade school?
7. How does Ellerby react at the "special" Saturday practice when Brittain and his lane members bow for prayer before beginning their set?
8. How do the counselors on the psych unit know that Sarah Byrnes can hear them?
9. Why does Ellerby sometimes threaten to give his Rottweiler to Moby?
10. According to Moby, why were he and Sarah Byrnes able to produce such a high-quality publication in junior high school when they published "Crispy Pork Rinds"?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)