|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stroke is Ellerby's swimming specialty?
2. After Sarah Byrnes and Dale Thornton got into a major fight over what really happened to cause Sarah Byrnes' scars, how many more editions of "Crispy Pork Rinds" were printed?
3. What is the name of the newspaper the narrator and his friend created in junior high?
(a) "Crispy Chips."
(b) "Crispy Bacon Fat."
(c) "Crispy Pork Rinds."
(d) "Crispy Corn Dogs."
4. According to Sarah Byrnes' theory, who told Dale Thornton that Moby was responsible for "Crispy Pork Rinds"?
(a) Mr. Patterson.
(b) Coach Stone.
(c) Ms. Lemry.
(d) Mr. Mautz.
5. What is the name of Ellerby's car?
(a) The Christian Crammer.
(b) The Christian Cruiser.
(c) The Christian Bug.
(d) The Cruising Christian.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ellerby and Moby begin discussing Ellerby's relationship with his father, how does Ellerby characterize the relationship?
2. Where does Huey-Dewey live?
3. When Ellerby is called on to present his ideas around the abortion issue, what does Ellerby change the discussion to?
4. When the story opens, the narrator is describing when his father left his mother. At that time, how much longer did the narrator still have in the "darkroom"?
5. When Brittain confronts Moby about the 100's set in CAT, why does Moby tell Brittain that Brittain had a free ride for the first 97 100's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ms. Lemry's initial argument to Mark when he tries to drop the CAT class?
2. What reason does Mark Brittain give to Ms. Lemry as an explanation for why he and Jody want to drop the CAT class?
3. Why does Moby not keep a journal - even though his mother has been encouraging him to do so since grade school?
4. According to Moby, why were he and Sarah Byrnes able to produce such a high-quality publication in junior high school when they published "Crispy Pork Rinds"?
5. Back in junior high, what was the deal that Sarah Byrnes offered to Dale Thornton while they were in Moby's attic room?
6. How does the narrator describe his hospitalized friend without spirit in her eyes?
7. What is the main reason that Moby does not let people get close to him?
8. How does Ellerby react at the "special" Saturday practice when Brittain and his lane members bow for prayer before beginning their set?
9. Who is Huey-Dewey?
10. How does Moby describe his high school principal?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)