|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the story opens, how old is the narrator?
2. What stroke is Ellerby's swimming specialty?
3. When Jody sits back down after Ms. Lemry refuses to sign her drop card for the CAT class, Moby is disappointed in Jody. What does Moby refer to Jody as?
(a) A pushover.
(c) The Pillsbury Doughgirl.
(d) A softie.
4. What is the name of Dale Thornton's father?
5. After sharing her painful story with Moby, what does Sarah Byrnes do?
(a) Tell the nurses the truth.
(b) Swears Moby to secrecy.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Starts to cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jody asks Moby to meet her after he finishes swim practice, where do they agree to meet?
2. What is the name of Ellerby's car?
3. Who led the effort to have Ellerby prohibited from driving his car to swim meets?
4. When Sarah Byrnes had appeared at Moby's house as Moby was revising the Huey-Dewey article, who was with Sarah Byrnes?
5. When Ellerby tried to run away after his brother was killed, how many blocks did Ellerby get before getting picked up by the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ms. Lemry say she'll sign Mark's drop card, but refuse to sign Jody's drop card?
2. What is Ms. Lemry's initial argument to Mark when he tries to drop the CAT class?
3. Back in junior high, what was the deal that Sarah Byrnes offered to Dale Thornton while they were in Moby's attic room?
4. When Mark and Jody are trying to drop the CAT class, what does Moby whisper into Jody's ear?
5. Name Mark Brittain's three brothers and one sister.
6. Why does Moby not keep a journal - even though his mother has been encouraging him to do so since grade school?
7. What is nearly impossible for Moby to admit to other people?
8. According to the bumper sticker on Ellerby's car, what are the wages of sin?
9. Why does Ellerby sometimes threaten to give his Rottweiler to Moby?
10. According to what Dale Thornton tells Moby in front of Moby's house, how did Sarah Byrnes get the burns on her face?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)