|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Moby reflects on his date with Jody, Moby realizes that he needs to have a talk with someone. Who does Moby need to talk with?
(a) Mr. Ellerby.
(b) His mother.
(c) Steve Ellerby.
(d) Sarah Byrnes.
2. When the story opens, how old is the narrator?
3. How many students are enrolled in the CAT class?
4. How old was Ellerby when his brother was killed?
(a) Fourteen years old.
(b) Twelve years old.
(c) Nine years old.
(d) Six years old.
5. When Moby is eavesdropping as Mark tries to drop CAT, what does Moby liken Mark's memory to?
(a) A fax machine.
(b) A telephone.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A copier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does CAT stand for?
2. Where does Huey-Dewey live?
3. How many total swimmers (boys and girls) are on the school's swim team?
4. When Ellerby tried to run away after his brother was killed, where did Ellerby try to go?
5. When Ellerby and Moby begin discussing Ellerby's relationship with his father, for how long have Moby and Ellerby known each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the deal regarding musical equipment that Moby and his mother have?
2. What is the main reason that Moby does not let people get close to him?
3. Why does Moby not keep a journal - even though his mother has been encouraging him to do so since grade school?
4. What is nearly impossible for Moby to admit to other people?
5. As the story opens, how does the narrator describe his father?
6. Back in junior high, what was the deal that Sarah Byrnes offered to Dale Thornton while they were in Moby's attic room?
7. According to what Ellerby tells Moby, why has Ellerby to this point stayed as far away from Sarah Byrnes as possible?
8. When Moby returns to his desk after Jody and Mark decide to remain in the CAT class, Moby finds a note waiting for him. Who is the note from and what does it say?
9. What is Ms. Lemry's initial argument to Mark when he tries to drop the CAT class?
10. Which of Moby's dysfunctional behaviors does his mother hate the most?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)