|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator's coach?
(a) Coach Stone.
(b) Coach Mautz.
(c) Coach Lemry.
(d) Coach Crossley.
2. When the story opens, the narrator is describing when his father left his mother. At that time, how much longer did the narrator still have in the "darkroom"?
(a) Two months.
(b) One month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
3. When Ms. Lemry asks for volunteers to present their subject for the CAT class presentation, who goes first?
4. What does the CAT teacher use as the subtitle for her class?
5. When Ellerby is called on to present his ideas around the abortion issue, what does Ellerby change the discussion to?
(a) Life after marriage.
(b) Life after birth.
(c) Life after sex.
(d) Life after conception.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ellerby tried to run away after his brother was killed, how many blocks did Ellerby get before getting picked up by the police?
2. As Moby reflects on his date with Jody, he thinks he's not a good soldier. He thinks he's a better what?
3. According to Ms. Lemry during the abortion discussion, what is Ellerby prone to?
4. When Ellerby and Moby begin discussing Ellerby's relationship with his father, for how long have Moby and Ellerby known each other?
5. What was the name of the principal at the narrator's junior high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Moby, why were he and Sarah Byrnes able to produce such a high-quality publication in junior high school when they published "Crispy Pork Rinds"?
2. Back in junior high, what was the deal that Sarah Byrnes offered to Dale Thornton while they were in Moby's attic room?
3. What is nearly impossible for Moby to admit to other people?
4. What is Ms. Lemry's initial argument to Mark when he tries to drop the CAT class?
5. Which of Moby's dysfunctional behaviors does his mother hate the most?
6. Why does the narrator's English teacher call him Double-E?
7. Who is Huey-Dewey?
8. What is the deal regarding musical equipment that Moby and his mother have?
9. How does the narrator describe his hospitalized friend without spirit in her eyes?
10. According to the bumper sticker on Ellerby's car, what are the wages of sin?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)