|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Moby opens his eyes in the hospital and is terribly groggy from the pain medication, a shadowy figure is in his doorway. Who is the shadowy figure?
(a) Ms. Lemry.
(b) Mr. Ellerby.
(c) Mr. Mautz.
(d) Mr. Byrnes.
2. After having lunch with Mr. Mautz, Moby decides to hang around after swim practice is over. When Lemry questions why, what does Moby tell her?
(a) To watch out for Mark Brittain.
(b) That he is quitting the swim team.
(c) That he has to drop the CAT class.
(d) To watch out for Mr. Mautz.
3. What is the name of Sarah Byrnes' mother?
4. On Sarah Byrnes' first day back at school, who attends the CAT class?
(a) Mr. Mautz.
(b) Mr. Byrnes.
(c) Mr. Ellerby.
(d) Mr. Brittain.
5. What is Mr. Mautz in charge of at the school?
(c) Graduation rates.
6. Where is Sarah Byrnes staying after she bolts from the psych ward?
(a) Above the Lemry's garage.
(b) Under Ellerby's porch.
(c) In Dale's shop.
(d) In Moby's attic.
7. How does Sarah Byrnes react when Moby tells the driver to head to Ms. Lemry's house?
(a) She jumps out of the car.
(b) She says no.
(c) She just shakes her head.
(d) She yells at Moby.
8. When Moby refuses to tell his caller where Sarah Byrnes is, what does the caller threaten to do to Moby?
(a) Kidnap his mother.
(b) Slit his throat.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Skin him alive.
9. When Mr. Mautz barges into Lemry's class the day after Brittain melts down in class, what does Mr. Mautz tell the class?
(a) That Brittain ran away.
(b) That Brittain tried to kill himself.
(c) That Brittain withdrew from the class.
(d) That Brittain dropped out of school.
10. What does Sarah Byrnes consider is too mean for even her father to do?
11. Back at school, who watches over the CAT class/study hall since Ms. Lemry is on paid leave?
(a) Mr. Brittain.
(b) Mr. Patterson.
(c) Mr. Stone.
(d) Mr. Mautz.
12. When Mr. Mautz asks Moby to have lunch with him, what does Mr. Mautz first ask Moby about?
(a) How swimming is going.
(b) How Moby's mother is.
(c) How school is going.
(d) How Sarah Byrnes is doing.
13. Where do Sarah Byrnes and Ms. Lemry locate Sarah Byrnes' mother?
(a) At Caesar's.
(b) At Sand's.
(c) At Harrah's.
(d) At the Bellagio.
14. When Mr. Mautz asks Moby to have lunch with him, what does Mr. Mautz really want to find out about?
(a) Moby's future plans.
(b) Sarah Byrnes.
(c) The swim team.
(d) The CAT class.
15. According to Ms. Lemry, who is responsible for Mark's actions?
(c) Mr. Mautz.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Moby recovers in the hospital from Virgil's attack, who is camping out by the hospital's main entrance in case Virgil should show up?
2. As Moby tells Sarah Byrnes about Jody's abortion, what does Sarah Byrnes do that Moby has never seen before?
3. According to what Moby tells Mark about his nickname, why does he not get upset when people call him Moby - a slight about being heavy?
4. What does Moby give to Ms. Lemry on her porch?
5. After Sarah Byrnes leaves Moby's hospital room, who does Moby immediately call?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)