|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Steve Ellerby leaves the office with his father, Mr. Mautz asks Moby to stay. Who does Mr. Mautz bring into the office?
(a) Mr. Brittain.
(b) Mr. Lemry.
(c) Mr. Patterson.
(d) Mr. Byrnes.
2. On Sarah Byrnes' first day back at school, who attends the CAT class?
(a) Mr. Byrnes.
(b) Mr. Brittain.
(c) Mr. Mautz.
(d) Mr. Ellerby.
3. Who eventually finds Virgil Byrnes, beats Virgil up and is arrested?
(a) Wayne Haverly.
(b) Moby Calhoune.
(c) Carver Middleton.
(d) Steve Ellerby.
4. How many days of sick leave is Ms. Lemry going to take to help Sarah Byrnes locate her mother?
(a) Two days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Five days.
5. When Moby refuses to tell his caller where Sarah Byrnes is, what does the caller threaten to do to Moby?
(a) Kidnap his mother.
(b) Skin him alive.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Slit his throat.
6. According to Ms. Lemry, who is responsible for Mark's actions?
(b) Mr. Mautz.
7. What position did Ms. Lemry play in her first Little League game that she tells Moby about?
(b) Second base.
(d) Right field.
8. According to what Mr. Mautz tells Moby during their lunch, what kind of kid does Mr. Mautz consider Mark Brittain to be?
(a) Highly intelligent.
9. After Moby and Ellerby are called to the office during their study hall and Mr. Mautz starts yelling at the boys, what does Ellerby ask to do?
(a) Have a minute alone with Moby.
(b) Be excused.
(c) Use the bathroom.
(d) Use the phone.
10. When Mark Brittain finally speaks to the students in the CAT class/study hall, what does he call himself?
(a) A righter of wrongs.
(b) A victim.
(c) A liar.
(d) A jerk.
11. When Reverend Ellerby arrives in Mr. Mautz's office, what does Mr. Brittain ask the Reverend to do?
(a) Leave the discussion.
(b) Get control of his son.
(c) Have his son apolgize to Mark.
(d) Have his son go easier on Mark.
12. What kind of car does Virgil Byrnes drive?
(a) A Chevrolet.
(b) An Oldsmobile.
(c) A Ford.
(d) A Toyota.
13. After hearing what Mr. Brittain asks Reverend Ellerby to do, what is the Reverend's next move?
(a) He tells Mr. Brittain that his son will apologize.
(b) He agrees to preach about suicide and forgiveness.
(c) He asks Mr. Brittain to leave.
(d) He agrees to help disband the CAT class.
14. When Moby and Ellerby stop by Lemry's house as Ms. Lemry and Sarah Byrnes are preparing to leave for Reno, what does Moby notice about Sarah Byrnes?
(a) How alive she looks.
(b) How much she is smiling.
(c) How neat her appearance is.
(d) How frightened she seems.
15. After being attacked by Virgil Byrnes, where does Moby go for help?
(a) To Dale's house.
(b) To Ellerby's house.
(c) To the police.
(d) To Lemry's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what Moby tells Mark about his nickname, why does he not get upset when people call him Moby - a slight about being heavy?
2. After hearing out Mr. Mautz, what does Reverend Ellerby tell him?
3. Where do Sarah Byrnes and Ms. Lemry locate Sarah Byrnes' mother?
4. What radio station does Moby have all the buttons in his car programmed to?
5. What is the name of Sarah Byrnes' mother?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)