|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to what Moby tells Mark about his nickname, why does he not get upset when people call him Moby - a slight about being heavy?
(a) Moby's not a fighter.
(b) Moby's not a bad nickname.
(c) Moby likes the name.
(d) Moby takes it as a challenge.
2. Where do Sarah Byrnes and Ms. Lemry locate Sarah Byrnes' mother?
(a) At Harrah's.
(b) At Caesar's.
(c) At the Bellagio.
(d) At Sand's.
3. As Moby tells Sarah Byrnes about Jody's abortion, what does Sarah Byrnes do that Moby has never seen before?
(a) She faints.
(b) She bows her head.
(c) She cries.
(d) She laughs.
4. According to what Mark tells Moby when he visits him in the hospital, who came to visit Mark?
(a) Mr. Calhoune.
(b) Mr. Ellerby.
(c) Mr. Mautz.
(d) Mr. Thornton.
5. When Reverend Ellerby arrives in Mr. Mautz's office, how does he greet his son?
(a) A slap.
(b) A playful punch.
(c) A smile.
(d) A scowl.
6. When Mr. Mautz begins arguing with Reverend Ellerby about what the Reverend advocates from his pulpit, which topic does Mr. Mautz NOT mention?
(a) Providing sex education materials to children.
(b) Equal rights for homosexuals.
(c) Women preaching in the pulpit.
7. What does Moby give to Ms. Lemry on her porch?
(a) His homework.
(b) Sarah Byrnes' letter.
(c) An arrest warrant for Virgil.
(d) His diary.
8. After hearing what Mr. Brittain asks Reverend Ellerby to do, what is the Reverend's next move?
(a) He tells Mr. Brittain that his son will apologize.
(b) He asks Mr. Brittain to leave.
(c) He agrees to preach about suicide and forgiveness.
(d) He agrees to help disband the CAT class.
9. How does Sarah Byrnes react when Moby tells the driver to head to Ms. Lemry's house?
(a) She yells at Moby.
(b) She just shakes her head.
(c) She says no.
(d) She jumps out of the car.
10. When Moby asks the visitor to his hospital room how his visitor is feeling, what response does Moby get?
11. When Moby and Ellerby are called to the office during their study hall, who is waiting for them in Mr. Mautz's office?
(a) Mr. Byrnes.
(b) Mr. Brittain.
(c) Mr. Lemry.
(d) Mr. Patterson.
12. After hearing out Mr. Mautz, what does Reverend Ellerby tell him?
(a) Mr. Mautz has a point.
(b) Mr. Mautz should take over the CAT class.
(c) Mr. Mautz has crossed the line.
(d) Mr. Mautz should be fired.
13. What is the name of Sarah Byrnes' mother?
14. When Moby reads what Sarah Byrnes has written, what does Sarah Byrnes tell Moby about going home?
(a) That her mother is coming home.
(b) That she can't ever go home again.
(c) That her father is breaking her out in two days.
(d) That she is being released in two days.
15. What run-ins with the law does Virgil Byrnes have on his record?
(a) Attempted burglary.
(b) Trafficking stolen goods.
(c) Parking tickets.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Moby refuses to tell his caller where Sarah Byrnes is, what does the caller threaten to do to Moby?
2. As Moby recovers in the hospital from Virgil's attack, who is camping out by the hospital's main entrance in case Virgil should show up?
3. After having lunch with Mr. Mautz, Moby decides to hang around after swim practice is over. When Lemry questions why, what does Moby tell her?
4. What does Mr. Mautz ask Moby to do during their lunch?
5. On Sarah Byrnes' first day back at school, who attends the CAT class?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)