|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Moby walks away from his locker, what does the person waiting for him blurt out?
(a) That Jody Mueller is a liar.
(b) That Mark Brittain is a liar.
(c) That Steve Ellerby is a liar.
(d) That Sarah Byrnes is a liar.
2. As Ms. Lemry tries to regain control of her class as Brittain melts down, who stands up and enters the verbal fray?
(a) Mr. Mautz.
(b) Sally Eaton.
(c) Moby Calhoune.
(d) Jody Mueller.
3. After Mr. Mautz leaves the CAT class, who feels responsible for Brittain's suicide attempt?
(b) Sarah Byrnes.
4. What is Moby's reaction when he listens to his class members feeling responsible for Mark's actions?
5. Who is coaching the swim team in Ms. Lemry's absence?
(a) Mr. Billings.
(b) Mr. Mautz.
(c) Mr. Lemry.
(d) Mr. Patterson.
6. After Steve Ellerby leaves the office with his father, Mr. Mautz asks Moby to stay. Who does Mr. Mautz bring into the office?
(a) Mr. Brittain.
(b) Mr. Lemry.
(c) Mr. Byrnes.
(d) Mr. Patterson.
7. According to what Moby tells Mark about his nickname, why does he not get upset when people call him Moby - a slight about being heavy?
(a) Moby takes it as a challenge.
(b) Moby's not a bad nickname.
(c) Moby's not a fighter.
(d) Moby likes the name.
8. Who eventually finds Virgil Byrnes, beats Virgil up and is arrested?
(a) Steve Ellerby.
(b) Moby Calhoune.
(c) Carver Middleton.
(d) Wayne Haverly.
9. When Reverend Ellerby arrives in Mr. Mautz's office, what does Steve tell his father?
(a) That Mr. Brittain wants Steve expelled from school.
(b) That he's being blamed for Mark's suicide attempt.
(c) That he's being asked to apologize to Mark.
(d) That Mr. Mautz is threatening him.
10. When Moby asks the visitor to his hospital room how his visitor is feeling, what response does Moby get?
11. When Ellerby and Moby return to Dale's shop, what trait of Sarah Byrnes does Dale admire?
(a) Her tenacity.
(b) Her angst.
(c) Her courage.
(d) Her craftiness.
12. According to what Moby tells Ms. Lemry, what does Sarah Byrnes hate more than anything?
(a) Being attacked.
(b) Not knowing.
(c) Being scared.
(d) Feeling helpless.
13. How long does it take Sarah Byrnes to bolt from the psych ward after the attendants catch her talking?
(a) Less than 24 hours.
(b) Less than 16 hours.
(c) Less than 6 hours.
(d) Less than 8 hours.
14. As Moby recovers in the hospital from Virgil's attack, who is camping out by the hospital's main entrance in case Virgil should show up?
(a) Dale's father.
(b) Steve's father.
(c) Mark's father.
(d) Moby's father.
15. As Brittain begins to lose it in the CAT class on the last day of their abortion discussion, what does Brittain call Ellerby?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ms. Lemry, what is one mistake that schools make in regard to what they ask from the students?
2. According to what Mr. Mautz tells Moby during their lunch, what kind of kid does Mr. Mautz consider Mark Brittain to be?
3. As Moby recovers in the hospital from Virgil's attack, whose visit to Moby really surprises Moby?
4. Where do Sarah Byrnes and Ms. Lemry locate Sarah Byrnes' mother?
5. When Moby gets home from visiting with Sarah Byrnes, who has left a message for Moby to call him?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)