|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Moby and Ellerby are called to the office during their study hall and Mr. Mautz starts yelling at the boys, what does Ellerby ask to do?
(a) Use the phone.
(b) Have a minute alone with Moby.
(c) Be excused.
(d) Use the bathroom.
2. After reading what Moby gives to her on the porch, what does Ms. Lemry decide to do?
(a) Accept Moby's late assignment.
(b) Find Sarah Byrnes' mother.
(c) Turn Virgil in to the police.
(d) Find Moby's father.
3. As Moby recovers in the hospital from Virgil's attack, who is camping out by the hospital's main entrance in case Virgil should show up?
(a) Moby's father.
(b) Dale's father.
(c) Mark's father.
(d) Steve's father.
4. After being attacked by Virgil Byrnes, where does Moby go for help?
(a) To Dale's house.
(b) To Ellerby's house.
(c) To Lemry's house.
(d) To the police.
5. What kind of car does Virgil Byrnes drive?
(a) An Oldsmobile.
(b) A Toyota.
(c) A Chevrolet.
(d) A Ford.
6. According to Ms. Lemry, who is responsible for Mark's actions?
(d) Mr. Mautz.
7. How many days of sick leave is Ms. Lemry going to take to help Sarah Byrnes locate her mother?
(a) Five days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Two days.
8. When Moby gets home from visiting with Sarah Byrnes, who has left a message for Moby to call him?
(a) Ms. Lemry.
(b) Steve Ellerby.
(c) Virgil Byrnes.
(d) Mark Brittain.
9. According to Ms. Lemry, what is one mistake that schools make in regard to what they ask from the students?
(a) For understanding.
(b) For maximum participation.
(c) For good grades.
(d) For a show of perfection.
10. About how long into the study hall period did Mark Brittain wait before asking if he could speak to the class?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 40 minutes.
(d) 5 minutes.
11. What does Moby give to Ms. Lemry on her porch?
(a) His homework.
(b) Sarah Byrnes' letter.
(c) An arrest warrant for Virgil.
(d) His diary.
12. As Ms. Lemry tries to regain control of her class as Brittain melts down, who stands up and enters the verbal fray?
(a) Mr. Mautz.
(b) Jody Mueller.
(c) Sally Eaton.
(d) Moby Calhoune.
13. When Moby asks the visitor to his hospital room how his visitor is feeling, what response does Moby get?
14. When Mr. Mautz asks Moby to have lunch with him, what does Mr. Mautz first ask Moby about?
(a) How school is going.
(b) How Moby's mother is.
(c) How swimming is going.
(d) How Sarah Byrnes is doing.
15. After Steve Ellerby leaves the office with his father, Mr. Mautz asks Moby to stay. Who does Mr. Mautz bring into the office?
(a) Mr. Lemry.
(b) Mr. Byrnes.
(c) Mr. Patterson.
(d) Mr. Brittain.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Moby tells Sarah Byrnes about Jody's abortion, what does Sarah Byrnes do that Moby has never seen before?
2. After confessing to Sarah Byrnes that he told Ms. Lemry her secret, what does Moby try to convince Sarah Byrnes that she will be some day?
3. When Reverend Ellerby arrives in Mr. Mautz's office, what does Steve tell his father?
4. In Sarah Byrnes' dreams, what is she?
5. Where is Sarah Byrnes staying after she bolts from the psych ward?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)