|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Sarah Byrnes' first day back at school, who attends the CAT class?
(a) Mr. Mautz.
(b) Mr. Brittain.
(c) Mr. Ellerby.
(d) Mr. Byrnes.
2. As Ms. Lemry tries to regain control of her class as Brittain melts down, who stands up and enters the verbal fray?
(a) Mr. Mautz.
(b) Moby Calhoune.
(c) Sally Eaton.
(d) Jody Mueller.
3. What position did Ms. Lemry play in her first Little League game that she tells Moby about?
(a) Second base.
(d) Right field.
4. When Ellerby and Moby return to Dale's shop, what trait of Sarah Byrnes does Dale admire?
(a) Her tenacity.
(b) Her angst.
(c) Her craftiness.
(d) Her courage.
5. Who is coaching the swim team in Ms. Lemry's absence?
(a) Mr. Billings.
(b) Mr. Mautz.
(c) Mr. Lemry.
(d) Mr. Patterson.
6. According to what Moby tells Mark about his nickname, why does he not get upset when people call him Moby - a slight about being heavy?
(a) Moby's not a fighter.
(b) Moby takes it as a challenge.
(c) Moby likes the name.
(d) Moby's not a bad nickname.
7. What does Sarah Byrnes consider is too mean for even her father to do?
8. Back at school, who watches over the CAT class/study hall since Ms. Lemry is on paid leave?
(a) Mr. Stone.
(b) Mr. Patterson.
(c) Mr. Brittain.
(d) Mr. Mautz.
9. After having lunch with Mr. Mautz, Moby decides to hang around after swim practice is over. When Lemry questions why, what does Moby tell her?
(a) To watch out for Mark Brittain.
(b) That he is quitting the swim team.
(c) To watch out for Mr. Mautz.
(d) That he has to drop the CAT class.
10. When Moby goes looking for someone to talk to about the possibility of dating Jody Mueller, who does he find folding towels by the lockers?
(a) Mr. Mautz.
(b) Ms. Lemry.
(c) Mark Brittain.
(d) Steve Ellerby.
11. According to what Reverend Ellerby tells Mr. Mautz in the office, why does Reverend Ellerby believe Mark attempted suicide?
(a) Mark cannot allow others to think less of him.
(b) Mark cannot allow himself to make mistakes.
(c) Mark has to convert his classmates to his way of thinking.
(d) Mark always have to be right.
12. When Moby refuses to tell his caller where Sarah Byrnes is, what does the caller threaten to do to Moby?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Slit his throat.
(c) Kidnap his mother.
(d) Skin him alive.
13. According to what Mr. Mautz tells Moby during their lunch, what kind of kid does Mr. Mautz consider Mark Brittain to be?
(a) Highly intelligent.
14. After Moby and Ellerby are called to the office during their study hall and Mr. Mautz starts yelling at the boys, what does Ellerby ask to do?
(a) Have a minute alone with Moby.
(b) Be excused.
(c) Use the bathroom.
(d) Use the phone.
15. What is Mr. Mautz in charge of at the school?
(c) Graduation rates.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Brittain begins to lose it in the CAT class on the last day of their abortion discussion, what does Brittain call Ellerby?
2. When Moby asks the visitor to his hospital room how his visitor is feeling, what response does Moby get?
3. What kind of car does Virgil Byrnes drive?
4. When Moby opens his eyes in the hospital and is terribly groggy from the pain medication, a shadowy figure is in his doorway. Who is the shadowy figure?
5. When Virgil was verbally abusing Sarah Byrnes in the psych ward of the hospital, what was the name of the therapist who told Virgil that if he didn't get himself under control, he would have to leave?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)