|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sarah Byrnes' dreams, what is she?
2. As Brittain begins to lose it in the CAT class on the last day of their abortion discussion, what does Brittain call Ellerby?
3. What does Sarah Byrnes consider is too mean for even her father to do?
4. As Moby tells Sarah Byrnes about Jody's abortion, what does Sarah Byrnes do that Moby has never seen before?
(a) She bows her head.
(b) She cries.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She faints.
5. After Sarah Byrnes leaves Moby's hospital room, who does Moby immediately call?
(a) His mom.
(b) The police.
(c) Julie Byrnes.
(d) Ms. Lemry.
6. How long does it take Sarah Byrnes to bolt from the psych ward after the attendants catch her talking?
(a) Less than 16 hours.
(b) Less than 8 hours.
(c) Less than 6 hours.
(d) Less than 24 hours.
7. As Moby recovers in the hospital from Virgil's attack, whose visit to Moby really surprises Moby?
(a) Sarah Byrnes.
(b) Mark Brittain.
(c) Jody Mueller.
(d) Dale Thornton.
8. How many days of sick leave is Ms. Lemry going to take to help Sarah Byrnes locate her mother?
(a) Five days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Four days.
9. Where did Ms. Lemry grow up?
(a) Cradle Rock, Minnesota.
(b) Cradle Rock, Nebraska.
(c) Cradle Rock, Iowa.
(d) Cradle Rock, Utah.
10. What does Moby give to Ms. Lemry on her porch?
(a) His diary.
(b) His homework.
(c) An arrest warrant for Virgil.
(d) Sarah Byrnes' letter.
11. According to Ms. Lemry, when Mark recovers, what will he need from the students?
12. According to what Mr. Mautz tells Moby during their lunch, what kind of kid does Mr. Mautz consider Mark Brittain to be?
(d) Highly intelligent.
13. When Ellerby and Moby return to Dale's shop, what trait of Sarah Byrnes does Dale admire?
(a) Her courage.
(b) Her craftiness.
(c) Her tenacity.
(d) Her angst.
14. According to what Mark tells Moby when he visits him in the hospital, who came to visit Mark?
(a) Mr. Calhoune.
(b) Mr. Thornton.
(c) Mr. Mautz.
(d) Mr. Ellerby.
15. What time is it when Moby appears on Lemry's porch and says that he needs to speak to her "off the record"?
(a) 6:00 a.m.
(d) 6:00 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the one place that Moby feels safe from Virgil Byrnes?
2. When Sarah Byrnes escapes from the psych ward, who drives the getaway car?
3. Which student in the CAT class gets up and walks out after telling Ms. Lemry that Mark had been cruelly treated by everyone in the class?
4. Who does Moby call in order to prevent panic when Moby is reported missing from the hospital?
5. After Mr. Mautz leaves the CAT class, who feels responsible for Brittain's suicide attempt?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)