|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah Byrnes consider is too mean for even her father to do?
2. After Sarah Byrnes leaves Moby's hospital room, who does Moby immediately call?
(a) The police.
(b) Ms. Lemry.
(c) His mom.
(d) Julie Byrnes.
3. How long does it take Sarah Byrnes to bolt from the psych ward after the attendants catch her talking?
(a) Less than 6 hours.
(b) Less than 16 hours.
(c) Less than 8 hours.
(d) Less than 24 hours.
4. According to what Reverend Ellerby tells Mr. Mautz in the office, why does Reverend Ellerby believe Mark attempted suicide?
(a) Mark cannot allow others to think less of him.
(b) Mark always have to be right.
(c) Mark has to convert his classmates to his way of thinking.
(d) Mark cannot allow himself to make mistakes.
5. Who is coaching the swim team in Ms. Lemry's absence?
(a) Mr. Lemry.
(b) Mr. Billings.
(c) Mr. Mautz.
(d) Mr. Patterson.
6. When Moby asks the visitor to his hospital room how his visitor is feeling, what response does Moby get?
7. When Reverend Ellerby arrives in Mr. Mautz's office, how does he greet his son?
(a) A playful punch.
(b) A scowl.
(c) A slap.
(d) A smile.
8. After hearing out Mr. Mautz, what does Reverend Ellerby tell him?
(a) Mr. Mautz should take over the CAT class.
(b) Mr. Mautz has crossed the line.
(c) Mr. Mautz has a point.
(d) Mr. Mautz should be fired.
9. On Sarah Byrnes' first day back at school, who attends the CAT class?
(a) Mr. Ellerby.
(b) Mr. Byrnes.
(c) Mr. Brittain.
(d) Mr. Mautz.
10. When Virgil was verbally abusing Sarah Byrnes in the psych ward of the hospital, what was the name of the therapist who told Virgil that if he didn't get himself under control, he would have to leave?
11. After reading what Moby gives to her on the porch, what does Ms. Lemry decide to do?
(a) Turn Virgil in to the police.
(b) Find Moby's father.
(c) Find Sarah Byrnes' mother.
(d) Accept Moby's late assignment.
12. When Reverend Ellerby arrives in Mr. Mautz's office, what does Steve tell his father?
(a) That Mr. Brittain wants Steve expelled from school.
(b) That Mr. Mautz is threatening him.
(c) That he's being blamed for Mark's suicide attempt.
(d) That he's being asked to apologize to Mark.
13. As Moby tells Sarah Byrnes about Jody's abortion, what does Sarah Byrnes do that Moby has never seen before?
(a) She faints.
(b) She bows her head.
(c) She cries.
(d) She laughs.
14. About how long into the study hall period did Mark Brittain wait before asking if he could speak to the class?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 40 minutes.
15. After hearing what Mr. Brittain asks Reverend Ellerby to do, what is the Reverend's next move?
(a) He asks Mr. Brittain to leave.
(b) He tells Mr. Brittain that his son will apologize.
(c) He agrees to preach about suicide and forgiveness.
(d) He agrees to help disband the CAT class.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mr. Mautz leaves the CAT class, who feels responsible for Brittain's suicide attempt?
2. When Reverend Ellerby arrives in Mr. Mautz's office, what does Mr. Brittain ask the Reverend to do?
3. When Mr. Mautz begins arguing with Reverend Ellerby about what the Reverend advocates from his pulpit, which topic does Mr. Mautz NOT mention?
4. What kind of car does Virgil Byrnes drive?
5. When Moby hears how Carver manipulated his way into a relationship with Moby's mother, what cereal does Moby compare Carver to?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)