|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Mautz asks Moby to have lunch with him, what does Mr. Mautz really want to find out about?
(a) Sarah Byrnes.
(b) The swim team.
(c) The CAT class.
(d) Moby's future plans.
2. After Mr. Mautz leaves the CAT class, who feels responsible for Brittain's suicide attempt?
(b) Sarah Byrnes.
3. When Sarah Byrnes visits Moby in the hospital, what does she tell Moby?
(a) That she's hungry.
(b) That she's happy.
(c) That she's leaving.
(d) That she has given up.
4. On Sarah Byrnes' first day back at school, who attends the CAT class?
(a) Mr. Mautz.
(b) Mr. Ellerby.
(c) Mr. Byrnes.
(d) Mr. Brittain.
5. The day the students are told that Brittain attempted suicide, who comes to Moby's house for dinner?
(a) Ms. Lemry.
(c) Sarah Byrnes.
6. What time is it when Moby appears on Lemry's porch and says that he needs to speak to her "off the record"?
(a) 6:00 a.m.
(c) 6:00 p.m.
7. About how long into the study hall period did Mark Brittain wait before asking if he could speak to the class?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 40 minutes.
8. As Moby tells Sarah Byrnes about Jody's abortion, what does Sarah Byrnes do that Moby has never seen before?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She faints.
(c) She cries.
(d) She bows her head.
9. When Mr. Mautz barges into Lemry's class the day after Brittain melts down in class, what does Mr. Mautz tell the class?
(a) That Brittain dropped out of school.
(b) That Brittain tried to kill himself.
(c) That Brittain ran away.
(d) That Brittain withdrew from the class.
10. Where is Sarah Byrnes staying after she bolts from the psych ward?
(a) In Dale's shop.
(b) Under Ellerby's porch.
(c) In Moby's attic.
(d) Above the Lemry's garage.
11. When Moby gets home from visiting with Sarah Byrnes, who has left a message for Moby to call him?
(a) Steve Ellerby.
(b) Virgil Byrnes.
(c) Mark Brittain.
(d) Ms. Lemry.
12. What run-ins with the law does Virgil Byrnes have on his record?
(a) Trafficking stolen goods.
(b) Attempted burglary.
(d) Parking tickets.
13. In Sarah Byrnes' dreams, what is she?
14. What is Moby's reaction when he listens to his class members feeling responsible for Mark's actions?
15. When Moby and Ellerby stop by Lemry's house as Ms. Lemry and Sarah Byrnes are preparing to leave for Reno, what does Moby notice about Sarah Byrnes?
(a) How neat her appearance is.
(b) How much she is smiling.
(c) How frightened she seems.
(d) How alive she looks.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what Dale remembers Sarah Byrnes saying about her mother, what did her mother always want to be?
2. After reading what Moby gives to her on the porch, what does Ms. Lemry decide to do?
3. When Mr. Mautz asks Moby to have lunch with him, what does Mr. Mautz first ask Moby about?
4. When Moby asks the visitor to his hospital room how his visitor is feeling, what response does Moby get?
5. When Moby opens his eyes in the hospital and is terribly groggy from the pain medication, a shadowy figure is in his doorway. Who is the shadowy figure?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)