|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to what Dale remembers Sarah Byrnes saying about her mother, where does Dale think Sarah Byrnes' mother might be living?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) New York.
2. Who eventually finds Virgil Byrnes, beats Virgil up and is arrested?
(a) Carver Middleton.
(b) Steve Ellerby.
(c) Moby Calhoune.
(d) Wayne Haverly.
3. After Mr. Mautz leaves the CAT class, who feels responsible for Brittain's suicide attempt?
(b) Sarah Byrnes.
4. How old was Jody's fetus when she had the abortion at Mark's insistence?
(a) Twelve weeks.
(b) Eight weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Ten weeks.
5. According to Ms. Lemry, when Mark recovers, what will he need from the students?
6. According to what Dale remembers Sarah Byrnes saying about her mother, what did her mother always want to be?
(a) A talent scout.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A musician.
(d) A dancer.
7. When Sarah Byrnes visits Moby in the hospital, what does she tell Moby?
(a) That she's happy.
(b) That she's hungry.
(c) That she's leaving.
(d) That she has given up.
8. What did Sarah Byrnes believe for a long time was the best way to cope with what her father had done to her?
(a) Never mention it.
(b) Get revenge.
(c) Become as mean as him.
(d) Pretend it didn't happen.
9. What does Moby sneak into Sarah Byrnes' hospital room?
(a) A tape recorder.
(b) A dog.
(c) A notebook.
(d) A milkshake.
10. Back at school, who watches over the CAT class/study hall since Ms. Lemry is on paid leave?
(a) Mr. Stone.
(b) Mr. Patterson.
(c) Mr. Mautz.
(d) Mr. Brittain.
11. When Moby refuses to tell his caller where Sarah Byrnes is, what does the caller threaten to do to Moby?
(a) Skin him alive.
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Kidnap his mother.
(d) Slit his throat.
12. As Moby recovers in the hospital from Virgil's attack, who is camping out by the hospital's main entrance in case Virgil should show up?
(a) Dale's father.
(b) Steve's father.
(c) Mark's father.
(d) Moby's father.
13. After reading what Moby gives to her on the porch, what does Ms. Lemry decide to do?
(a) Find Moby's father.
(b) Find Sarah Byrnes' mother.
(c) Turn Virgil in to the police.
(d) Accept Moby's late assignment.
14. According to what Mr. Mautz tells Moby during their lunch, what kind of kid does Mr. Mautz consider Mark Brittain to be?
(a) Highly intelligent.
15. According to what Moby tells Ms. Lemry, what does Sarah Byrnes hate more than anything?
(a) Not knowing.
(b) Being scared.
(c) Feeling helpless.
(d) Being attacked.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Moby gets home from visiting with Sarah Byrnes, who has left a message for Moby to call him?
2. What kind of car does Virgil Byrnes drive?
3. When Moby and Ellerby are called to the office during their study hall, who is waiting for them in Mr. Mautz's office?
4. On Sarah Byrnes' first day back at school, who attends the CAT class?
5. When the getaway car driver asks where Sarah Byrnes wants to go, what is the first suggestion?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)