|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ms. Lemry grow up?
(a) Cradle Rock, Minnesota.
(b) Cradle Rock, Nebraska.
(c) Cradle Rock, Iowa.
(d) Cradle Rock, Utah.
2. According to Ms. Lemry, who is responsible for Mark's actions?
(a) Mr. Mautz.
3. What position did Ms. Lemry play in her first Little League game that she tells Moby about?
(a) Right field.
(c) Second base.
4. After Moby and Ellerby are called to the office during their study hall and Mr. Mautz starts yelling at the boys, what does Ellerby ask to do?
(a) Use the phone.
(b) Have a minute alone with Moby.
(c) Be excused.
(d) Use the bathroom.
5. About how long into the study hall period did Mark Brittain wait before asking if he could speak to the class?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 40 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
6. What radio station does Moby have all the buttons in his car programmed to?
(a) K-101 Oldies.
(b) K-101 Pop.
(c) K-101 Rock.
(d) K-101 Retro.
7. When Reverend Ellerby arrives in Mr. Mautz's office, what does Steve tell his father?
(a) That Mr. Mautz is threatening him.
(b) That he's being asked to apologize to Mark.
(c) That Mr. Brittain wants Steve expelled from school.
(d) That he's being blamed for Mark's suicide attempt.
8. As Brittain begins to lose it in the CAT class on the last day of their abortion discussion, what does Brittain call Ellerby?
9. After hearing out Mr. Mautz, what does Reverend Ellerby tell him?
(a) Mr. Mautz should be fired.
(b) Mr. Mautz has crossed the line.
(c) Mr. Mautz should take over the CAT class.
(d) Mr. Mautz has a point.
10. According to what Dale remembers Sarah Byrnes saying about her mother, what did her mother always want to be?
(a) A dancer.
(b) A musician.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A talent scout.
11. What is Mr. Mautz in charge of at the school?
(b) Graduation rates.
12. According to what Dale remembers Sarah Byrnes saying about her mother, where does Dale think Sarah Byrnes' mother might be living?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
(d) Las Vegas.
13. When Moby opens his eyes in the hospital and is terribly groggy from the pain medication, a shadowy figure is in his doorway. Who is the shadowy figure?
(a) Ms. Lemry.
(b) Mr. Byrnes.
(c) Mr. Ellerby.
(d) Mr. Mautz.
14. When Mr. Mautz begins arguing with Reverend Ellerby about what the Reverend advocates from his pulpit, which topic does Mr. Mautz NOT mention?
(b) Providing sex education materials to children.
(c) Women preaching in the pulpit.
(d) Equal rights for homosexuals.
15. According to Ms. Lemry, what is one mistake that schools make in regard to what they ask from the students?
(a) For understanding.
(b) For good grades.
(c) For a show of perfection.
(d) For maximum participation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Mautz ask Moby to do during their lunch?
2. After being attacked by Virgil Byrnes, where does Moby go for help?
3. As Moby tells Sarah Byrnes about Jody's abortion, what does Sarah Byrnes do that Moby has never seen before?
4. When Mark Brittain finally speaks to the students in the CAT class/study hall, what does he call himself?
5. What kind of car does Virgil Byrnes drive?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)