|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to what Dale remembers Sarah Byrnes saying about her mother, where does Dale think Sarah Byrnes' mother might be living?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
2. After hearing what Mr. Brittain asks Reverend Ellerby to do, what is the Reverend's next move?
(a) He agrees to help disband the CAT class.
(b) He asks Mr. Brittain to leave.
(c) He agrees to preach about suicide and forgiveness.
(d) He tells Mr. Brittain that his son will apologize.
3. When Moby asks the visitor to his hospital room how his visitor is feeling, what response does Moby get?
4. After being attacked by Virgil Byrnes, where does Moby go for help?
(a) To the police.
(b) To Dale's house.
(c) To Ellerby's house.
(d) To Lemry's house.
5. What does Moby give to Ms. Lemry on her porch?
(a) An arrest warrant for Virgil.
(b) His homework.
(c) His diary.
(d) Sarah Byrnes' letter.
6. After Mr. Mautz leaves the CAT class, who feels responsible for Brittain's suicide attempt?
(a) Sarah Byrnes.
7. According to Ms. Lemry, who is responsible for Mark's actions?
(a) Mr. Mautz.
8. According to what Mr. Mautz tells Moby during their lunch, what kind of kid does Mr. Mautz consider Mark Brittain to be?
(c) Highly intelligent.
9. When Moby and Ellerby are called to the office during their study hall, who is waiting for them in Mr. Mautz's office?
(a) Mr. Brittain.
(b) Mr. Byrnes.
(c) Mr. Lemry.
(d) Mr. Patterson.
10. After reading what Moby gives to her on the porch, what does Ms. Lemry decide to do?
(a) Find Sarah Byrnes' mother.
(b) Accept Moby's late assignment.
(c) Turn Virgil in to the police.
(d) Find Moby's father.
11. According to what Reverend Ellerby tells Mr. Mautz in the office, why does Reverend Ellerby believe Mark attempted suicide?
(a) Mark has to convert his classmates to his way of thinking.
(b) Mark cannot allow others to think less of him.
(c) Mark always have to be right.
(d) Mark cannot allow himself to make mistakes.
12. Who eventually finds Virgil Byrnes, beats Virgil up and is arrested?
(a) Moby Calhoune.
(b) Steve Ellerby.
(c) Wayne Haverly.
(d) Carver Middleton.
13. After Sarah Byrnes leaves Moby's hospital room, who does Moby immediately call?
(a) Julie Byrnes.
(b) His mom.
(c) The police.
(d) Ms. Lemry.
14. What does Moby sneak into Sarah Byrnes' hospital room?
(a) A tape recorder.
(b) A milkshake.
(c) A dog.
(d) A notebook.
15. When the getaway car driver asks where Sarah Byrnes wants to go, what is the first suggestion?
(a) Ms. Lemry's house.
(b) The Sheraton.
(c) The Holiday Inn.
(d) Sarah Byrnes' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day the students are told that Brittain attempted suicide, who comes to Moby's house for dinner?
2. According to what Mark tells Moby when he visits him in the hospital, who came to visit Mark?
3. What kind of car does Virgil Byrnes drive?
4. When Ellerby and Moby return to Dale's shop, what trait of Sarah Byrnes does Dale admire?
5. After Moby and Ellerby are called to the office during their study hall and Mr. Mautz starts yelling at the boys, what does Ellerby ask to do?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)