|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Mautz asks Moby to have lunch with him, what does Mr. Mautz really want to find out about?
(a) The swim team.
(b) The CAT class.
(c) Sarah Byrnes.
(d) Moby's future plans.
2. When Reverend Ellerby arrives in Mr. Mautz's office, what does Mr. Brittain ask the Reverend to do?
(a) Leave the discussion.
(b) Have his son go easier on Mark.
(c) Have his son apolgize to Mark.
(d) Get control of his son.
3. According to what Mark tells Moby when he visits him in the hospital, who came to visit Mark?
(a) Mr. Thornton.
(b) Mr. Calhoune.
(c) Mr. Ellerby.
(d) Mr. Mautz.
4. What run-ins with the law does Virgil Byrnes have on his record?
(a) Trafficking stolen goods.
(b) Parking tickets.
(c) Attempted burglary.
5. When Mr. Mautz begins arguing with Reverend Ellerby about what the Reverend advocates from his pulpit, which topic does Mr. Mautz NOT mention?
(b) Women preaching in the pulpit.
(c) Equal rights for homosexuals.
(d) Providing sex education materials to children.
6. Who does Moby call in order to prevent panic when Moby is reported missing from the hospital?
(a) His coach.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His mom.
7. When Moby and Ellerby stop by Lemry's house as Ms. Lemry and Sarah Byrnes are preparing to leave for Reno, what does Moby notice about Sarah Byrnes?
(a) How neat her appearance is.
(b) How much she is smiling.
(c) How alive she looks.
(d) How frightened she seems.
8. When Moby hears how Carver manipulated his way into a relationship with Moby's mother, what cereal does Moby compare Carver to?
(a) Cookie Crisp.
(b) Raisin Bran.
9. What is the name of Sarah Byrnes' mother?
10. What time is it when Moby appears on Lemry's porch and says that he needs to speak to her "off the record"?
(b) 6:00 a.m.
(c) 6:00 p.m.
11. As Brittain begins to lose it in the CAT class on the last day of their abortion discussion, what does Brittain call Ellerby?
12. What is Mr. Mautz in charge of at the school?
(c) Graduation rates.
13. Which student in the CAT class gets up and walks out after telling Ms. Lemry that Mark had been cruelly treated by everyone in the class?
(a) Stacey Martin.
(b) Sally Eaton.
(c) Sarah Byrnes.
(d) Susan Lamprey.
14. When Ellerby and Moby return to Dale's shop, what trait of Sarah Byrnes does Dale admire?
(a) Her tenacity.
(b) Her angst.
(c) Her courage.
(d) Her craftiness.
15. After reading what Moby gives to her on the porch, what does Ms. Lemry decide to do?
(a) Accept Moby's late assignment.
(b) Find Sarah Byrnes' mother.
(c) Turn Virgil in to the police.
(d) Find Moby's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being attacked by Virgil Byrnes, where does Moby go for help?
2. According to what Mr. Mautz tells Moby during their lunch, what kind of kid does Mr. Mautz consider Mark Brittain to be?
3. How many days of sick leave is Ms. Lemry going to take to help Sarah Byrnes locate her mother?
4. After having lunch with Mr. Mautz, Moby decides to hang around after swim practice is over. When Lemry questions why, what does Moby tell her?
5. When Sarah Byrnes escapes from the psych ward, who drives the getaway car?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)