|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sarah Byrnes react when Moby tells the driver to head to Ms. Lemry's house?
(a) She yells at Moby.
(b) She just shakes her head.
(c) She says no.
(d) She jumps out of the car.
2. When Reverend Ellerby arrives in Mr. Mautz's office, how does he greet his son?
(a) A smile.
(b) A slap.
(c) A playful punch.
(d) A scowl.
3. After hearing what Mr. Brittain asks Reverend Ellerby to do, what is the Reverend's next move?
(a) He asks Mr. Brittain to leave.
(b) He tells Mr. Brittain that his son will apologize.
(c) He agrees to help disband the CAT class.
(d) He agrees to preach about suicide and forgiveness.
4. What GPA does Sarah Byrnes have?
5. On Sarah Byrnes' first day back at school, who attends the CAT class?
(a) Mr. Ellerby.
(b) Mr. Byrnes.
(c) Mr. Mautz.
(d) Mr. Brittain.
6. As Ms. Lemry tries to regain control of her class as Brittain melts down, who stands up and enters the verbal fray?
(a) Moby Calhoune.
(b) Mr. Mautz.
(c) Jody Mueller.
(d) Sally Eaton.
7. What is Mr. Mautz in charge of at the school?
(a) Graduation rates.
8. Where did Ms. Lemry grow up?
(a) Cradle Rock, Minnesota.
(b) Cradle Rock, Utah.
(c) Cradle Rock, Nebraska.
(d) Cradle Rock, Iowa.
9. What does Moby give to Ms. Lemry on her porch?
(a) Sarah Byrnes' letter.
(b) His diary.
(c) His homework.
(d) An arrest warrant for Virgil.
10. What is the name of Sarah Byrnes' mother?
11. When Mark Brittain finally speaks to the students in the CAT class/study hall, what does he call himself?
(a) A righter of wrongs.
(b) A victim.
(c) A jerk.
(d) A liar.
12. After having lunch with Mr. Mautz, Moby decides to hang around after swim practice is over. When Lemry questions why, what does Moby tell her?
(a) To watch out for Mark Brittain.
(b) That he is quitting the swim team.
(c) To watch out for Mr. Mautz.
(d) That he has to drop the CAT class.
13. As Moby recovers in the hospital from Virgil's attack, whose visit to Moby really surprises Moby?
(a) Jody Mueller.
(b) Sarah Byrnes.
(c) Mark Brittain.
(d) Dale Thornton.
14. As Moby recovers in the hospital from Virgil's attack, who is camping out by the hospital's main entrance in case Virgil should show up?
(a) Mark's father.
(b) Steve's father.
(c) Dale's father.
(d) Moby's father.
15. What kind of car does Virgil Byrnes drive?
(a) A Toyota.
(b) A Ford.
(c) An Oldsmobile.
(d) A Chevrolet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sarah Byrnes staying after she bolts from the psych ward?
2. The day the students are told that Brittain attempted suicide, who comes to Moby's house for dinner?
3. When Moby refuses to tell his caller where Sarah Byrnes is, what does the caller threaten to do to Moby?
4. As Brittain begins to lose it in the CAT class on the last day of their abortion discussion, what does Brittain call Ellerby?
5. According to what Moby tells Ms. Lemry, what does Sarah Byrnes hate more than anything?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)