|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Reverend Ellerby arrives in Mr. Mautz's office, how does he greet his son?
(a) A scowl.
(b) A smile.
(c) A slap.
(d) A playful punch.
2. What GPA does Sarah Byrnes have?
3. According to Ms. Lemry, who is responsible for Mark's actions?
(a) Mr. Mautz.
4. How long does it take Sarah Byrnes to bolt from the psych ward after the attendants catch her talking?
(a) Less than 6 hours.
(b) Less than 24 hours.
(c) Less than 16 hours.
(d) Less than 8 hours.
5. What does Moby give to Ms. Lemry on her porch?
(a) An arrest warrant for Virgil.
(b) His diary.
(c) Sarah Byrnes' letter.
(d) His homework.
6. Who is coaching the swim team in Ms. Lemry's absence?
(a) Mr. Lemry.
(b) Mr. Mautz.
(c) Mr. Patterson.
(d) Mr. Billings.
7. According to Ms. Lemry, when Mark recovers, what will he need from the students?
8. When Moby reads what Sarah Byrnes has written, what does Sarah Byrnes tell Moby about going home?
(a) That her father is breaking her out in two days.
(b) That her mother is coming home.
(c) That she can't ever go home again.
(d) That she is being released in two days.
9. The day the students are told that Brittain attempted suicide, who comes to Moby's house for dinner?
(b) Ms. Lemry.
(c) Sarah Byrnes.
10. According to what Moby tells Mark about his nickname, why does he not get upset when people call him Moby - a slight about being heavy?
(a) Moby's not a fighter.
(b) Moby's not a bad nickname.
(c) Moby takes it as a challenge.
(d) Moby likes the name.
11. When Mr. Mautz barges into Lemry's class the day after Brittain melts down in class, what does Mr. Mautz tell the class?
(a) That Brittain withdrew from the class.
(b) That Brittain tried to kill himself.
(c) That Brittain dropped out of school.
(d) That Brittain ran away.
12. What position did Ms. Lemry play in her first Little League game that she tells Moby about?
(a) Second base.
(b) Right field.
13. When Sarah Byrnes visits Moby in the hospital, what does she tell Moby?
(a) That she's leaving.
(b) That she's happy.
(c) That she's hungry.
(d) That she has given up.
14. What did Sarah Byrnes believe for a long time was the best way to cope with what her father had done to her?
(a) Become as mean as him.
(b) Get revenge.
(c) Pretend it didn't happen.
(d) Never mention it.
15. Who does Moby call in order to prevent panic when Moby is reported missing from the hospital?
(a) His coach.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His mom.
(d) His best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Moby opens his eyes in the hospital and is terribly groggy from the pain medication, a shadowy figure is in his doorway. Who is the shadowy figure?
2. Where is the one place that Moby feels safe from Virgil Byrnes?
3. How does Sarah Byrnes react when Moby tells the driver to head to Ms. Lemry's house?
4. When Mr. Mautz asks Moby to have lunch with him, what does Mr. Mautz first ask Moby about?
5. What radio station does Moby have all the buttons in his car programmed to?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)