|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Mautz asks Moby to have lunch with him, what does Mr. Mautz really want to find out about?
(a) The CAT class.
(b) Moby's future plans.
(c) Sarah Byrnes.
(d) The swim team.
2. According to what Dale remembers Sarah Byrnes saying about her mother, what did her mother always want to be?
(a) A musician.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A talent scout.
(d) A dancer.
3. When Moby gets home from visiting with Sarah Byrnes, who has left a message for Moby to call him?
(a) Mark Brittain.
(b) Steve Ellerby.
(c) Ms. Lemry.
(d) Virgil Byrnes.
4. When Virgil Byrnes surprises Moby in Moby's car, what does Virgil hold against Moby?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A taser.
5. When Moby and Ellerby are called to the office during their study hall, who is waiting for them in Mr. Mautz's office?
(a) Mr. Brittain.
(b) Mr. Patterson.
(c) Mr. Byrnes.
(d) Mr. Lemry.
6. When Moby refuses to tell his caller where Sarah Byrnes is, what does the caller threaten to do to Moby?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Kidnap his mother.
(c) Skin him alive.
(d) Slit his throat.
7. After Steve Ellerby leaves the office with his father, Mr. Mautz asks Moby to stay. Who does Mr. Mautz bring into the office?
(a) Mr. Lemry.
(b) Mr. Patterson.
(c) Mr. Brittain.
(d) Mr. Byrnes.
8. According to what Reverend Ellerby tells Mr. Mautz in the office, why does Reverend Ellerby believe Mark attempted suicide?
(a) Mark cannot allow others to think less of him.
(b) Mark cannot allow himself to make mistakes.
(c) Mark always have to be right.
(d) Mark has to convert his classmates to his way of thinking.
9. When Mr. Mautz barges into Lemry's class the day after Brittain melts down in class, what does Mr. Mautz tell the class?
(a) That Brittain ran away.
(b) That Brittain tried to kill himself.
(c) That Brittain withdrew from the class.
(d) That Brittain dropped out of school.
10. Who does Moby call in order to prevent panic when Moby is reported missing from the hospital?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His mom.
(c) His coach.
(d) His best friend.
11. About how long into the study hall period did Mark Brittain wait before asking if he could speak to the class?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 40 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 5 minutes.
12. When Virgil was verbally abusing Sarah Byrnes in the psych ward of the hospital, what was the name of the therapist who told Virgil that if he didn't get himself under control, he would have to leave?
13. What did Sarah Byrnes believe for a long time was the best way to cope with what her father had done to her?
(a) Never mention it.
(b) Get revenge.
(c) Pretend it didn't happen.
(d) Become as mean as him.
14. How old was Jody's fetus when she had the abortion at Mark's insistence?
(a) Twelve weeks.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Eight weeks.
(d) Ten weeks.
15. When Ms. Lemry decides to take sick leave to help Sarah Byrnes locate her mother, what will the CAT class do while Ms. Lemry is away?
(a) Have a substitute teacher.
(b) Have Mr. Mautz lead the discussion.
(c) Have private time.
(d) Have study hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What GPA does Sarah Byrnes have?
2. According to what Mr. Mautz tells Moby during their lunch, what kind of kid does Mr. Mautz consider Mark Brittain to be?
3. When Mr. Mautz begins arguing with Reverend Ellerby about what the Reverend advocates from his pulpit, which topic does Mr. Mautz NOT mention?
4. In Sarah Byrnes' dreams, what is she?
5. When Moby and Ellerby stop by Lemry's house as Ms. Lemry and Sarah Byrnes are preparing to leave for Reno, what does Moby notice about Sarah Byrnes?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)