|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Ms. Lemry tries to regain control of her class as Brittain melts down, who stands up and enters the verbal fray?
(a) Moby Calhoune.
(b) Jody Mueller.
(c) Mr. Mautz.
(d) Sally Eaton.
2. What is Mr. Mautz in charge of at the school?
(b) Graduation rates.
3. As Moby recovers in the hospital from Virgil's attack, whose visit to Moby really surprises Moby?
(a) Sarah Byrnes.
(b) Mark Brittain.
(c) Jody Mueller.
(d) Dale Thornton.
4. What is Moby's reaction when he listens to his class members feeling responsible for Mark's actions?
5. When Mr. Mautz begins arguing with Reverend Ellerby about what the Reverend advocates from his pulpit, which topic does Mr. Mautz NOT mention?
(b) Women preaching in the pulpit.
(c) Providing sex education materials to children.
(d) Equal rights for homosexuals.
6. When Mark Brittain finally speaks to the students in the CAT class/study hall, what does he call himself?
(a) A liar.
(b) A victim.
(c) A jerk.
(d) A righter of wrongs.
7. Where do Sarah Byrnes and Ms. Lemry locate Sarah Byrnes' mother?
(a) At Sand's.
(b) At the Bellagio.
(c) At Caesar's.
(d) At Harrah's.
8. What did Sarah Byrnes believe for a long time was the best way to cope with what her father had done to her?
(a) Pretend it didn't happen.
(b) Become as mean as him.
(c) Never mention it.
(d) Get revenge.
9. How many days of sick leave is Ms. Lemry going to take to help Sarah Byrnes locate her mother?
(a) Four days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Five days.
10. According to what Moby tells Mark about his nickname, why does he not get upset when people call him Moby - a slight about being heavy?
(a) Moby's not a fighter.
(b) Moby likes the name.
(c) Moby takes it as a challenge.
(d) Moby's not a bad nickname.
11. Which student in the CAT class gets up and walks out after telling Ms. Lemry that Mark had been cruelly treated by everyone in the class?
(a) Stacey Martin.
(b) Sarah Byrnes.
(c) Sally Eaton.
(d) Susan Lamprey.
12. What does Moby give to Ms. Lemry on her porch?
(a) His homework.
(b) An arrest warrant for Virgil.
(c) Sarah Byrnes' letter.
(d) His diary.
13. After Moby and Ellerby are called to the office during their study hall and Mr. Mautz starts yelling at the boys, what does Ellerby ask to do?
(a) Be excused.
(b) Use the bathroom.
(c) Have a minute alone with Moby.
(d) Use the phone.
14. What is the name of Sarah Byrnes' mother?
15. What GPA does Sarah Byrnes have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Back at school, who watches over the CAT class/study hall since Ms. Lemry is on paid leave?
2. What does Mr. Mautz ask Moby to do during their lunch?
3. How old was Jody's fetus when she had the abortion at Mark's insistence?
4. Who does Moby call in order to prevent panic when Moby is reported missing from the hospital?
5. When Virgil was verbally abusing Sarah Byrnes in the psych ward of the hospital, what was the name of the therapist who told Virgil that if he didn't get himself under control, he would have to leave?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)