|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ms. Lemry, who is responsible for Mark's actions?
(a) Mr. Mautz.
2. As Brittain begins to lose it in the CAT class on the last day of their abortion discussion, what does Brittain call Ellerby?
3. What is Mr. Mautz in charge of at the school?
(c) Graduation rates.
4. When Moby hears how Carver manipulated his way into a relationship with Moby's mother, what cereal does Moby compare Carver to?
(b) Raisin Bran.
(d) Cookie Crisp.
5. When Ellerby and Moby return to Dale's shop, what trait of Sarah Byrnes does Dale admire?
(a) Her tenacity.
(b) Her courage.
(c) Her angst.
(d) Her craftiness.
6. When Sarah Byrnes and Ms. Lemry locate Sarah Byrnes' mother, what is her mother working as?
(a) A hostess.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A dealer.
(d) A singer.
7. What kind of car does Virgil Byrnes drive?
(a) A Ford.
(b) A Toyota.
(c) A Chevrolet.
(d) An Oldsmobile.
8. When Reverend Ellerby arrives in Mr. Mautz's office, what does Mr. Brittain ask the Reverend to do?
(a) Have his son apolgize to Mark.
(b) Get control of his son.
(c) Leave the discussion.
(d) Have his son go easier on Mark.
9. What time is it when Moby appears on Lemry's porch and says that he needs to speak to her "off the record"?
(b) 6:00 a.m.
(c) 6:00 p.m.
10. What does Moby give to Ms. Lemry on her porch?
(a) An arrest warrant for Virgil.
(b) His diary.
(c) Sarah Byrnes' letter.
(d) His homework.
11. After Steve Ellerby leaves the office with his father, Mr. Mautz asks Moby to stay. Who does Mr. Mautz bring into the office?
(a) Mr. Brittain.
(b) Mr. Lemry.
(c) Mr. Patterson.
(d) Mr. Byrnes.
12. After reading what Moby gives to her on the porch, what does Ms. Lemry decide to do?
(a) Turn Virgil in to the police.
(b) Accept Moby's late assignment.
(c) Find Sarah Byrnes' mother.
(d) Find Moby's father.
13. When Moby and Ellerby stop by Lemry's house as Ms. Lemry and Sarah Byrnes are preparing to leave for Reno, what does Moby notice about Sarah Byrnes?
(a) How much she is smiling.
(b) How alive she looks.
(c) How neat her appearance is.
(d) How frightened she seems.
14. What GPA does Sarah Byrnes have?
15. On Sarah Byrnes' first day back at school, who attends the CAT class?
(a) Mr. Mautz.
(b) Mr. Byrnes.
(c) Mr. Brittain.
(d) Mr. Ellerby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is coaching the swim team in Ms. Lemry's absence?
2. When the getaway car driver asks where Sarah Byrnes wants to go, what is the first suggestion?
3. When Reverend Ellerby arrives in Mr. Mautz's office, how does he greet his son?
4. According to what Reverend Ellerby tells Mr. Mautz in the office, why does Reverend Ellerby believe Mark attempted suicide?
5. When Mark Brittain finally speaks to the students in the CAT class/study hall, what does he call himself?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)