|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah Byrnes consider is too mean for even her father to do?
2. What is the name of Sarah Byrnes' mother?
3. What does Moby give to Ms. Lemry on her porch?
(a) His homework.
(b) Sarah Byrnes' letter.
(c) An arrest warrant for Virgil.
(d) His diary.
4. When Moby and Ellerby are called to the office during their study hall, who is waiting for them in Mr. Mautz's office?
(a) Mr. Brittain.
(b) Mr. Patterson.
(c) Mr. Byrnes.
(d) Mr. Lemry.
5. When Moby opens his eyes in the hospital and is terribly groggy from the pain medication, a shadowy figure is in his doorway. Who is the shadowy figure?
(a) Ms. Lemry.
(b) Mr. Byrnes.
(c) Mr. Mautz.
(d) Mr. Ellerby.
6. When Mr. Mautz barges into Lemry's class the day after Brittain melts down in class, what does Mr. Mautz tell the class?
(a) That Brittain tried to kill himself.
(b) That Brittain withdrew from the class.
(c) That Brittain dropped out of school.
(d) That Brittain ran away.
7. When Moby reads what Sarah Byrnes has written, what does Sarah Byrnes tell Moby about going home?
(a) That her father is breaking her out in two days.
(b) That she is being released in two days.
(c) That she can't ever go home again.
(d) That her mother is coming home.
8. What does Mr. Mautz ask Moby to do during their lunch?
(a) Lie for Mark Brittain.
(b) Stop seeing Jody Mueller.
(c) Drop the CAT class.
(d) Quit the swim team.
9. When Moby gets home from visiting with Sarah Byrnes, who has left a message for Moby to call him?
(a) Virgil Byrnes.
(b) Ms. Lemry.
(c) Steve Ellerby.
(d) Mark Brittain.
10. According to Ms. Lemry, who is responsible for Mark's actions?
(d) Mr. Mautz.
11. What run-ins with the law does Virgil Byrnes have on his record?
(b) Attempted burglary.
(c) Trafficking stolen goods.
(d) Parking tickets.
12. As Brittain begins to lose it in the CAT class on the last day of their abortion discussion, what does Brittain call Ellerby?
13. When Moby walks away from his locker, what does the person waiting for him blurt out?
(a) That Jody Mueller is a liar.
(b) That Steve Ellerby is a liar.
(c) That Mark Brittain is a liar.
(d) That Sarah Byrnes is a liar.
14. When Moby admits to Mr. Mautz that he knows where Sarah Byrnes is staying, but refuses to divulge her location, what does Mr. Mautz tell Moby to do?
(a) Go home.
(b) Go to swim practice.
(c) See an attorney.
(d) Think about the consequences.
15. Who does Moby call in order to prevent panic when Moby is reported missing from the hospital?
(a) His coach.
(b) His mom.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it when Moby appears on Lemry's porch and says that he needs to speak to her "off the record"?
2. When Ellerby and Moby return to Dale's shop, what trait of Sarah Byrnes does Dale admire?
3. As Moby tells Sarah Byrnes about Jody's abortion, what does Sarah Byrnes do that Moby has never seen before?
4. When Moby hears how Carver manipulated his way into a relationship with Moby's mother, what cereal does Moby compare Carver to?
5. The day the students are told that Brittain attempted suicide, who comes to Moby's house for dinner?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)