|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What GPA does Sarah Byrnes have?
2. According to what Moby tells Mark about his nickname, why does he not get upset when people call him Moby - a slight about being heavy?
(a) Moby's not a bad nickname.
(b) Moby likes the name.
(c) Moby takes it as a challenge.
(d) Moby's not a fighter.
3. When Moby gets home from visiting with Sarah Byrnes, who has left a message for Moby to call him?
(a) Steve Ellerby.
(b) Ms. Lemry.
(c) Virgil Byrnes.
(d) Mark Brittain.
4. After confessing to Sarah Byrnes that he told Ms. Lemry her secret, what does Moby try to convince Sarah Byrnes that she will be some day?
5. As Brittain begins to lose it in the CAT class on the last day of their abortion discussion, what does Brittain call Ellerby?
6. When Moby walks away from his locker, what does the person waiting for him blurt out?
(a) That Jody Mueller is a liar.
(b) That Sarah Byrnes is a liar.
(c) That Mark Brittain is a liar.
(d) That Steve Ellerby is a liar.
7. When Moby opens his eyes in the hospital and is terribly groggy from the pain medication, a shadowy figure is in his doorway. Who is the shadowy figure?
(a) Ms. Lemry.
(b) Mr. Mautz.
(c) Mr. Ellerby.
(d) Mr. Byrnes.
8. Where did Ms. Lemry grow up?
(a) Cradle Rock, Utah.
(b) Cradle Rock, Nebraska.
(c) Cradle Rock, Iowa.
(d) Cradle Rock, Minnesota.
9. Where is the one place that Moby feels safe from Virgil Byrnes?
(a) In public.
(b) At home.
(c) At church.
(d) At school.
10. After hearing out Mr. Mautz, what does Reverend Ellerby tell him?
(a) Mr. Mautz should take over the CAT class.
(b) Mr. Mautz has a point.
(c) Mr. Mautz has crossed the line.
(d) Mr. Mautz should be fired.
11. When Reverend Ellerby arrives in Mr. Mautz's office, what does Steve tell his father?
(a) That Mr. Mautz is threatening him.
(b) That Mr. Brittain wants Steve expelled from school.
(c) That he's being blamed for Mark's suicide attempt.
(d) That he's being asked to apologize to Mark.
12. According to what Mr. Mautz tells Moby during their lunch, what kind of kid does Mr. Mautz consider Mark Brittain to be?
(a) Highly intelligent.
13. Who does Moby call in order to prevent panic when Moby is reported missing from the hospital?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His mom.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His coach.
14. What did Sarah Byrnes believe for a long time was the best way to cope with what her father had done to her?
(a) Get revenge.
(b) Pretend it didn't happen.
(c) Become as mean as him.
(d) Never mention it.
15. When Mr. Mautz asks Moby to have lunch with him, what does Mr. Mautz first ask Moby about?
(a) How school is going.
(b) How swimming is going.
(c) How Moby's mother is.
(d) How Sarah Byrnes is doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Reverend Ellerby arrives in Mr. Mautz's office, what does Mr. Brittain ask the Reverend to do?
2. After Sarah Byrnes leaves Moby's hospital room, who does Moby immediately call?
3. How does Sarah Byrnes react when Moby tells the driver to head to Ms. Lemry's house?
4. When Reverend Ellerby arrives in Mr. Mautz's office, how does he greet his son?
5. What does Mr. Mautz ask Moby to do during their lunch?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)