|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Mautz in charge of at the school?
(c) Graduation rates.
2. After confessing to Sarah Byrnes that he told Ms. Lemry her secret, what does Moby try to convince Sarah Byrnes that she will be some day?
3. When Mr. Mautz barges into Lemry's class the day after Brittain melts down in class, what does Mr. Mautz tell the class?
(a) That Brittain ran away.
(b) That Brittain tried to kill himself.
(c) That Brittain withdrew from the class.
(d) That Brittain dropped out of school.
4. What does Moby give to Ms. Lemry on her porch?
(a) His homework.
(b) Sarah Byrnes' letter.
(c) An arrest warrant for Virgil.
(d) His diary.
5. After Moby and Ellerby are called to the office during their study hall and Mr. Mautz starts yelling at the boys, what does Ellerby ask to do?
(a) Have a minute alone with Moby.
(b) Be excused.
(c) Use the bathroom.
(d) Use the phone.
6. What did Sarah Byrnes believe for a long time was the best way to cope with what her father had done to her?
(a) Get revenge.
(b) Never mention it.
(c) Pretend it didn't happen.
(d) Become as mean as him.
7. According to what Reverend Ellerby tells Mr. Mautz in the office, why does Reverend Ellerby believe Mark attempted suicide?
(a) Mark always have to be right.
(b) Mark cannot allow others to think less of him.
(c) Mark has to convert his classmates to his way of thinking.
(d) Mark cannot allow himself to make mistakes.
8. When Moby reads what Sarah Byrnes has written, what does Sarah Byrnes tell Moby about going home?
(a) That she can't ever go home again.
(b) That her father is breaking her out in two days.
(c) That her mother is coming home.
(d) That she is being released in two days.
9. Where is Sarah Byrnes staying after she bolts from the psych ward?
(a) Above the Lemry's garage.
(b) In Moby's attic.
(c) In Dale's shop.
(d) Under Ellerby's porch.
10. What does Sarah Byrnes consider is too mean for even her father to do?
11. What does Moby sneak into Sarah Byrnes' hospital room?
(a) A dog.
(b) A tape recorder.
(c) A milkshake.
(d) A notebook.
12. After hearing out Mr. Mautz, what does Reverend Ellerby tell him?
(a) Mr. Mautz should be fired.
(b) Mr. Mautz has a point.
(c) Mr. Mautz should take over the CAT class.
(d) Mr. Mautz has crossed the line.
13. Who is coaching the swim team in Ms. Lemry's absence?
(a) Mr. Lemry.
(b) Mr. Billings.
(c) Mr. Patterson.
(d) Mr. Mautz.
14. About how long into the study hall period did Mark Brittain wait before asking if he could speak to the class?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 40 minutes.
(d) 5 minutes.
15. After having lunch with Mr. Mautz, Moby decides to hang around after swim practice is over. When Lemry questions why, what does Moby tell her?
(a) To watch out for Mr. Mautz.
(b) That he has to drop the CAT class.
(c) To watch out for Mark Brittain.
(d) That he is quitting the swim team.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which student in the CAT class gets up and walks out after telling Ms. Lemry that Mark had been cruelly treated by everyone in the class?
2. According to what Dale remembers Sarah Byrnes saying about her mother, what did her mother always want to be?
3. According to what Moby tells Mark about his nickname, why does he not get upset when people call him Moby - a slight about being heavy?
4. What time is it when Moby appears on Lemry's porch and says that he needs to speak to her "off the record"?
5. As Moby tells Sarah Byrnes about Jody's abortion, what does Sarah Byrnes do that Moby has never seen before?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)