|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the principal at the high school?
(a) Mr. Patterson.
(b) Mr. Byrnes.
(c) Mr. Ellerby.
(d) Mr. Mautz.
2. When Ellerby is called on to present his ideas around the abortion issue, what does Ellerby change the discussion to?
(a) Life after marriage.
(b) Life after birth.
(c) Life after sex.
(d) Life after conception.
3. Where did Moby and Ellerby first meet?
(a) In eight grade homeroom.
(b) At swim practice.
(c) In first grade.
(d) At baseball try-outs.
4. What does CAT stand for?
(a) Contemporary American Thought.
(b) Contemplative American Thought.
(c) Creative American Thought.
(d) Categorical American Thought.
5. What stroke is Ellerby's swimming specialty?
6. Who is the narrator going to the hospital to visit after finishing practice?
(a) Sarah Byrnes.
(b) Jody Mueller.
(c) Dale Thornton.
(d) Mark Brittain.
7. After sharing her painful story with Moby, what does Sarah Byrnes do?
(a) Swears Moby to secrecy.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Tell the nurses the truth.
(d) Starts to cry.
8. What sport does the narrator participate in?
9. What does the CAT teacher use as the subtitle for her class?
10. During his senior year when Moby goes to find Dale Thornton again, what is Dale doing?
(a) Cleaning a gun.
(b) Harassing a kid.
(c) Working on a car.
(d) Playing a video game.
11. According to Sarah Byrnes, what is in Dale Thornton's front yard?
(a) Old cars.
(b) A tree house.
(c) A rabid dog.
(d) A flower bed.
12. How old was Ellerby when his brother was killed?
(a) Fourteen years old.
(b) Twelve years old.
(c) Six years old.
(d) Nine years old.
13. In what city does the story take place?
14. What kind of car is Ellerby's vehicle?
(a) A Volkswagen.
(b) A Buick.
(c) A Pontiac.
(d) A Ford.
15. According to what Moby tells the hospital counselor, when did Dale Thornton drop out of school?
(a) After ninth grade.
(b) After tenth grade.
(c) After seventh grade.
(d) After eighth grade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the new position that Moby's junior high principal now holds at the high school?
2. When the story opens, how old is the narrator?
3. What was the name of the principal at the narrator's junior high school?
4. When Brittain confronts Moby about the 100's set in CAT, why does Moby tell Brittain that Brittain had a free ride for the first 97 100's?
5. When Dale Thornton first became involved in "Crispy Pork Rinds," who did Dale suggest has the subject for his first article?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)