|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator's coach?
(a) Coach Stone.
(b) Coach Lemry.
(c) Coach Mautz.
(d) Coach Crossley.
2. According to what Sarah Byrnes told Dale as he suggested topics for his first article, what did Sarah Byrnes see herself as?
(a) Champion for the underdog.
(b) Instrument of justice.
(c) Ultimate bully.
(d) Righter of wrongs.
3. According to the narrator, what does he share with his hospitalized friend?
(a) Terminal scaries.
(b) Terminal crazies.
(c) Terminal uglies.
(d) Terminal stupids.
4. When questioned about creating the junior high newspaper, what did the narrator do?
(a) Cite the Constitution.
(b) Cite the School Rulebook.
(c) Cite the Student Bill of Rights.
(d) Cite the Fifth Amendment.
5. When Sarah Byrnes had appeared at Moby's house as Moby was revising the Huey-Dewey article, who was with Sarah Byrnes?
(a) Mr. Mautz.
(b) Dale Thornton.
(c) Mark Brittain.
(d) Steve Ellerby.
6. When Sarah Byrnes finally begins to talk to Moby at the hospital, how long has it been since she was burned by her father?
(a) Two years.
(b) Fourteen years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Twelve years.
7. What does the CAT teacher use as the subtitle for her class?
8. After Sarah Byrnes and Dale Thornton got into a major fight over what really happened to cause Sarah Byrnes' scars, how many more editions of "Crispy Pork Rinds" were printed?
9. As Moby reflects on his date with Jody, Moby realizes that he needs to have a talk with someone. Who does Moby need to talk with?
(a) Steve Ellerby.
(b) Sarah Byrnes.
(c) His mother.
(d) Mr. Ellerby.
10. In what city does the story take place?
11. When the CAT class volunteer plays a tape to start his presentation, what song does the volunteer play?
(a) "Rolling on a River".
(b) "God is Watching Us".
(c) "From a Distance".
(d) "Life is Just a Dream".
12. What stroke is Ellerby's swimming specialty?
13. What kind of car is Ellerby's vehicle?
(a) A Ford.
(b) A Volkswagen.
(c) A Buick.
(d) A Pontiac.
14. After "Crispy Pork Rinds" folded, how many hollow gumballs did Byrnes and Moby distribute to people who had "wronged" them?
15. When the CAT discussion on abortion begins, who presents their views first?
(a) Mark Brittain.
(b) Megan Buckman.
(c) Sally Eaton.
(d) Steve Ellerby.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jody sits back down after Ms. Lemry refuses to sign her drop card for the CAT class, Moby is disappointed in Jody. What does Moby refer to Jody as?
2. When Ellerby tried to run away after his brother was killed, where did Ellerby try to go?
3. When the story opens, the narrator is describing when his father left his mother. At that time, how much longer did the narrator still have in the "darkroom"?
4. Where did Moby and Ellerby first meet?
5. According to what Moby tells the hospital counselor, how many times has Moby been to Sarah Byrnes' house since meeting her in grade school?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)