|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator going to the hospital to visit after finishing practice?
(a) Jody Mueller.
(b) Dale Thornton.
(c) Mark Brittain.
(d) Sarah Byrnes.
2. According to the narrator, what does he share with his hospitalized friend?
(a) Terminal crazies.
(b) Terminal scaries.
(c) Terminal uglies.
(d) Terminal stupids.
3. What sport does the narrator participate in?
4. What is the name of the principal at the high school?
(a) Mr. Byrnes.
(b) Mr. Ellerby.
(c) Mr. Patterson.
(d) Mr. Mautz.
5. What stroke is Ellerby's swimming specialty?
6. What is the name of the counselor that introduces herself to the narrator?
7. When the story opens, the narrator is describing when his father left his mother. At that time, how much longer did the narrator still have in the "darkroom"?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
8. What was the name of the principal at the narrator's junior high school?
(a) Mr. Virgil.
(b) Mr. Lemry.
(c) Mr. Mautz.
(d) Mr. Crossley.
9. When Sarah Byrnes had appeared at Moby's house as Moby was revising the Huey-Dewey article, who was with Sarah Byrnes?
(a) Mr. Mautz.
(b) Steve Ellerby.
(c) Mark Brittain.
(d) Dale Thornton.
10. What is Mr. Ellerby's occupation?
11. In Chapter 3, Moby and Ellerby are heading towards a "special" workout. How many 100's are scheduled for the day's workout?
12. After finishing practice at the beginning of the book, where does the narrator go?
(a) Sacred Heart Hospital.
(b) Fairview Hospital.
(c) Riley Children's Hospital.
(d) St. Vincent's Hospital.
13. What sport does the narrator definitely NOT want to participate in?
14. What kind of car is Ellerby's vehicle?
(a) A Volkswagen.
(b) A Pontiac.
(c) A Ford.
(d) A Buick.
15. When Moby is eavesdropping as Mark tries to drop CAT, what does Moby liken Mark's memory to?
(a) A fax machine.
(b) A telephone.
(c) A copier.
(d) A photograph.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Moby reflects on his date with Jody, he thinks he's not a good soldier. He thinks he's a better what?
2. After "Crispy Pork Rinds" folded, how many hollow gumballs did Byrnes and Moby distribute to people who had "wronged" them?
3. After Sarah Byrnes and Dale Thornton got into a major fight over what really happened to cause Sarah Byrnes' scars, how many more editions of "Crispy Pork Rinds" were printed?
4. When the CAT discussion on abortion begins, who presents their views first?
5. How many total swimmers (boys and girls) are on the school's swim team?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)