|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ms. Lemry asks for volunteers to present their subject for the CAT class presentation, who goes first?
2. What is Mr. Ellerby's occupation?
3. Who is NOT enrolled in Ms. Lemry's CAT class?
(a) Mark Brittain.
(b) Dale Thornton.
(c) Jody Mueller.
(d) Steve Ellerby.
4. What stroke is Ellerby's swimming specialty?
5. What model year is Ellerby's vehicle?
6. In what city does the story take place?
7. How many students in the CAT class does Moby know have picketed outside the town's abortion clinic?
8. When Dale Thornton first became involved in "Crispy Pork Rinds," who did Dale suggest has the subject for his first article?
(a) Steve Cornell.
(b) Elgin Green.
(c) Mark Brittain.
(d) Joe Marcus.
9. How old was Ellerby when his brother was killed?
(a) Fourteen years old.
(b) Twelve years old.
(c) Six years old.
(d) Nine years old.
10. According to what Sarah Byrnes told Dale as he suggested topics for his first article, what did Sarah Byrnes see herself as?
(a) Instrument of justice.
(b) Champion for the underdog.
(c) Righter of wrongs.
(d) Ultimate bully.
11. What is the name of Ellerby's car?
(a) The Christian Cruiser.
(b) The Christian Bug.
(c) The Cruising Christian.
(d) The Christian Crammer.
12. When Jody sits back down after Ms. Lemry refuses to sign her drop card for the CAT class, Moby is disappointed in Jody. What does Moby refer to Jody as?
(a) A pushover.
(b) A softie.
(d) The Pillsbury Doughgirl.
13. In Dale's opinion, what is the very worst thing to be called by someone else?
(a) A moron.
(c) A thief.
(d) A liar.
14. When questioned about creating the junior high newspaper, what did the narrator do?
(a) Cite the Student Bill of Rights.
(b) Cite the Fifth Amendment.
(c) Cite the School Rulebook.
(d) Cite the Constitution.
15. What stroke is Moby's swimming specialty?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Dale Thornton away from school after Mr. Mautz called Dale's father regarding the chewing tobacco?
2. During his senior year when Moby goes to find Dale Thornton again, what is Dale doing?
3. When Ellerby and Moby begin discussing Ellerby's relationship with his father, for how long have Moby and Ellerby known each other?
4. When Ellerby tried to run away after his brother was killed, how many blocks did Ellerby get before getting picked up by the police?
5. What does the CAT teacher use as the subtitle for her class?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)