|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sarah Byrnes had appeared at Moby's house as Moby was revising the Huey-Dewey article, who was with Sarah Byrnes?
(a) Mark Brittain.
(b) Steve Ellerby.
(c) Dale Thornton.
(d) Mr. Mautz.
2. How old was Ellerby when his brother was killed?
(a) Nine years old.
(b) Fourteen years old.
(c) Six years old.
(d) Twelve years old.
3. When Ellerby is called on to present his ideas around the abortion issue, what does Ellerby change the discussion to?
(a) Life after birth.
(b) Life after marriage.
(c) Life after conception.
(d) Life after sex.
4. When Ms. Lemry asks for volunteers to present their subject for the CAT class presentation, who goes first?
5. What kind of car is Ellerby's vehicle?
(a) A Pontiac.
(b) A Buick.
(c) A Ford.
(d) A Volkswagen.
6. How many total swimmers (boys and girls) are on the school's swim team?
7. After Sarah Byrnes and Dale Thornton got into a major fight over what really happened to cause Sarah Byrnes' scars, how many more editions of "Crispy Pork Rinds" were printed?
8. What sport does the narrator participate in?
9. According to Jody and Moby's discussion, what isn't getting talked about in the CAT discussion of abortion?
(a) The emptiness.
(b) The procedure.
(c) The health risks.
(d) The science.
10. What stroke is Ellerby's swimming specialty?
11. When Ellerby and Moby begin discussing Ellerby's relationship with his father, for how long have Moby and Ellerby known each other?
(a) Four years.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Twelve years.
12. What does CAT stand for?
(a) Contemplative American Thought.
(b) Creative American Thought.
(c) Categorical American Thought.
(d) Contemporary American Thought.
13. According to the "expose" on Mautz's illegitimate son for "Crispy Pork Rinds", who did Mautz's son have an affair with?
14. According to the narrator, what does he share with his hospitalized friend?
(a) Terminal uglies.
(b) Terminal stupids.
(c) Terminal scaries.
(d) Terminal crazies.
15. What is the name of the narrator's English teacher?
(a) Ms. Lemry.
(b) Mr. Mautz.
(c) Mr. Stone.
(d) Ms. Shipley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname did Dale Thornton used to call Sarah Byrnes in junior high?
2. According to Sarah Byrnes, what is in Dale Thornton's front yard?
3. What is the name of Dale Thornton's father?
4. According to what Moby tells the hospital counselor, how many times has Moby been to Sarah Byrnes' house since meeting her in grade school?
5. What is the new position that Moby's junior high principal now holds at the high school?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)