|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led the effort to have Ellerby prohibited from driving his car to swim meets?
(a) Mr. Mautz.
(b) Mr. Patterson.
(c) Mark Brittain.
(d) Steve Gould.
2. In Dale's opinion, what is the very worst thing to be called by someone else?
(a) A thief.
(b) A moron.
(d) A liar.
3. Who is the first person during the abortion discussion to bring up the argument that abortion is not murder; it is a choice?
(a) Steve Ellerby.
(b) Megan Buckman.
(c) Sally Eaton.
(d) Cynthia Parrish.
4. What is the name of the principal at the high school?
(a) Mr. Byrnes.
(b) Mr. Mautz.
(c) Mr. Patterson.
(d) Mr. Ellerby.
5. What nickname does the narrator go by?
6. When Ellerby and Moby begin discussing Ellerby's relationship with his father, how does Ellerby characterize the relationship?
7. What model year is Ellerby's vehicle?
8. When Sarah Byrnes finally begins to talk to Moby at the hospital, how long has it been since she was burned by her father?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Fourteen years.
9. When the CAT discussion on abortion begins, who presents their views first?
(a) Mark Brittain.
(b) Steve Ellerby.
(c) Megan Buckman.
(d) Sally Eaton.
10. What is Mr. Ellerby's occupation?
11. According to the "expose" on Mautz's illegitimate son for "Crispy Pork Rinds", who did Mautz's son have an affair with?
12. After "Crispy Pork Rinds" folded, Byrnes and Moby distributed hollow gumballs to people who had "wronged" them. What were the gumballs laced with?
(b) Tabasco sauce.
(c) Jalapeno peppers.
13. At the beginning of Chapter 6 when Moby goes to visit Sarah Byrnes, who is already with her when Moby arrives?
14. When the story opens, how old is the narrator?
15. At the time Dale suggested topics for his first article, how many issues of "Crispy Pork Rinds" had already been published?
Short Answer Questions
1. When questioned about creating the junior high newspaper, what did the narrator do?
2. When Moby and his mother discuss her boyfriend's modesty levels, who does Moby say his mother's boyfriend is too modest for?
3. After doing 85 of the 100's, how many swimmers are left?
4. When Moby is eavesdropping as Mark tries to drop CAT, what does Moby liken Mark's memory to?
5. When Ellerby and Moby begin discussing Ellerby's relationship with his father, for how long have Moby and Ellerby known each other?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)