|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ellerby tried to run away after his brother was killed, how many blocks did Ellerby get before getting picked up by the police?
(a) Five miles.
(b) Five blocks.
(c) Twenty miles.
(d) Twenty blocks.
2. What was the name of the principal at the narrator's junior high school?
(a) Mr. Virgil.
(b) Mr. Mautz.
(c) Mr. Lemry.
(d) Mr. Crossley.
3. After Sarah Byrnes and Dale Thornton got into a major fight over what really happened to cause Sarah Byrnes' scars, how many more editions of "Crispy Pork Rinds" were printed?
4. How does the narrator characterize the world in his CAT class discussion?
5. Which of these students did NOT picket outside the town's abortion clinic?
(a) Sally Eaton.
(b) Steve Ellerby.
(c) Cynthia Parrish.
(d) Mark Brittain.
6. What is the new position that Moby's junior high principal now holds at the high school?
(a) School counselor.
(b) Truancy officer.
7. When Sarah Byrnes finally begins to talk to Moby at the hospital, how long has it been since she was burned by her father?
(a) Fourteen years.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Two years.
8. After "Crispy Pork Rinds" folded, Byrnes and Moby distributed hollow gumballs to people who had "wronged" them. What were the gumballs laced with?
(c) Jalapeno peppers.
(d) Tabasco sauce.
9. As Moby reflects on his date with Jody, he thinks he's not a good soldier. He thinks he's a better what?
10. How old was Ellerby when his brother was killed?
(a) Nine years old.
(b) Fourteen years old.
(c) Twelve years old.
(d) Six years old.
11. When Ellerby tried to run away after his brother was killed, where did Ellerby try to go?
(a) His friend's house.
(b) His uncle's house.
(c) His mother's house.
(d) His sister's house.
12. According to Sarah Byrnes' theory, who told Dale Thornton that Moby was responsible for "Crispy Pork Rinds"?
(a) Coach Stone.
(b) Mr. Mautz.
(c) Mr. Patterson.
(d) Ms. Lemry.
13. What sport does the narrator participate in?
14. When Jody and Moby meet after Moby's swim practice, what does Jody tell Moby?
(a) That she is moving away.
(b) That she had an abortion.
(c) That she was abused as a child.
(d) That she is dropping CAT.
15. What is the name of the newspaper the narrator and his friend created in junior high?
(a) "Crispy Chips."
(b) "Crispy Pork Rinds."
(c) "Crispy Bacon Fat."
(d) "Crispy Corn Dogs."
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Moby, what class was Sarah Byrnes in when she "just tripped out"?
2. According to Moby, what does Sarah Byrnes' father make Mr. Mautz look like in comparison?
3. When Moby is eavesdropping as Mark tries to drop CAT, what does Moby liken Mark's memory to?
4. What does the narrator's mother think his father teaches?
5. According to the "expose" on Mautz's illegitimate son for "Crispy Pork Rinds", who did Mautz's son have an affair with?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)