|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's mother think his father teaches?
2. What model year is Ellerby's vehicle?
3. According to Sarah Byrnes, why did she come to the mental hospital faking her break?
(a) She needed to heal.
(b) She needed food.
(c) She needed space.
(d) She needed to think.
4. Where does Huey-Dewey live?
(a) In a cellar.
(b) In a house.
(c) In a storage unit.
(d) In an apartment.
5. What is the new position that Moby's junior high principal now holds at the high school?
(c) School counselor.
(d) Truancy officer.
6. When Moby and his mother discuss her boyfriend's modesty levels, who does Moby say his mother's boyfriend is too modest for?
(a) Barry Manilow.
(b) Frank Sinatra.
(c) Snoop Dog.
(d) Vanilla Ice.
7. According to the narrator, what does he share with his hospitalized friend?
(a) Terminal crazies.
(b) Terminal stupids.
(c) Terminal uglies.
(d) Terminal scaries.
8. According to what Sarah Byrnes told Dale as he suggested topics for his first article, what did Sarah Byrnes see herself as?
(a) Ultimate bully.
(b) Instrument of justice.
(c) Champion for the underdog.
(d) Righter of wrongs.
9. After "Crispy Pork Rinds" folded, Byrnes and Moby distributed hollow gumballs to people who had "wronged" them. What were the gumballs laced with?
(a) Tabasco sauce.
(c) Jalapeno peppers.
10. How does the narrator characterize the world in his CAT class discussion?
11. As Moby reflects on his date with Jody, Moby realizes that he needs to have a talk with someone. Who does Moby need to talk with?
(a) His mother.
(b) Sarah Byrnes.
(c) Steve Ellerby.
(d) Mr. Ellerby.
12. Why did Sarah Byrnes refuse to write an expose on the person Dale suggested for his first article?
(a) The person Dale suggested was hopeless.
(b) The person Dale suggested was helpless.
(c) The person Dale suggested was sick.
(d) The person Dale suggested was vicious.
13. What is the name of the eighth grader who bullied both the narrator and his hospitalized friend while they were in junior high?
(a) David Gould.
(b) Mark Brittain.
(c) Eric Calhoune.
(d) Dale Thornton.
14. What was the name of the principal at the narrator's junior high school?
(a) Mr. Virgil.
(b) Mr. Lemry.
(c) Mr. Crossley.
(d) Mr. Mautz.
15. When questioned about creating the junior high newspaper, what did the narrator do?
(a) Cite the Fifth Amendment.
(b) Cite the Constitution.
(c) Cite the School Rulebook.
(d) Cite the Student Bill of Rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. After doing 85 of the 100's, how many swimmers are left?
2. What is the name of Dale Thornton's father?
3. What is the name of Moby's mother's new boyfriend?
4. When Sarah Byrnes finally begins to talk to Moby at the hospital, how long has it been since she was burned by her father?
5. At the time Dale suggested topics for his first article, how many issues of "Crispy Pork Rinds" had already been published?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)