|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to what Sarah Byrnes told Dale as he suggested topics for his first article, what did Sarah Byrnes see herself as?
(a) Champion for the underdog.
(b) Ultimate bully.
(c) Instrument of justice.
(d) Righter of wrongs.
2. In what city does the story take place?
3. According to Jody and Moby's discussion, what isn't getting talked about in the CAT discussion of abortion?
(a) The health risks.
(b) The science.
(c) The emptiness.
(d) The procedure.
4. In Chapter 3, Moby and Ellerby are heading towards a "special" workout. How many 100's are scheduled for the day's workout?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 6 when Moby goes to visit Sarah Byrnes, who is already with her when Moby arrives?
6. When Ellerby is called on to present his ideas around the abortion issue, what does Ellerby change the discussion to?
(a) Life after marriage.
(b) Life after sex.
(c) Life after birth.
(d) Life after conception.
7. How does the narrator characterize the world in his CAT class discussion?
8. What kind of car is Ellerby's vehicle?
(a) A Ford.
(b) A Buick.
(c) A Pontiac.
(d) A Volkswagen.
9. Who is NOT enrolled in Ms. Lemry's CAT class?
(a) Mark Brittain.
(b) Jody Mueller.
(c) Dale Thornton.
(d) Steve Ellerby.
10. According to Ms. Lemry during the abortion discussion, what is Ellerby prone to?
11. How many swimmers finish the full 100 100's?
12. What is the name of the principal at the high school?
(a) Mr. Patterson.
(b) Mr. Byrnes.
(c) Mr. Mautz.
(d) Mr. Ellerby.
13. What sport does the narrator definitely NOT want to participate in?
14. When Moby is eavesdropping as Mark tries to drop CAT, what does Moby liken Mark's memory to?
(a) A fax machine.
(b) A copier.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A telephone.
15. After Sarah Byrnes and Dale Thornton got into a major fight over what really happened to cause Sarah Byrnes' scars, how many more editions of "Crispy Pork Rinds" were printed?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sarah Byrnes, what is in Dale Thornton's front yard?
2. On the 95th 100, how many seconds do Ellerby and Moby plan to go under the standard?
3. When the CAT class volunteer plays a tape to start his presentation, what song does the volunteer play?
4. At the time Dale suggested topics for his first article, how many issues of "Crispy Pork Rinds" had already been published?
5. What is the new position that Moby's junior high principal now holds at the high school?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)