|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Dale Thornton's father?
2. As Sarah Byrnes' visitor is leaving in Chapter 6, what does her visitor ask Moby?
(a) If Sarah Byrnes has laughed with Moby.
(b) If Sarah Byrnes has spoken to Moby.
(c) If Sarah Byrnes has written to Moby.
(d) If Sarah Byrnes has touched Moby.
3. When Ellerby and Moby begin discussing Ellerby's relationship with his father, for how long have Moby and Ellerby known each other?
(a) Two years.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Four years.
4. According to Moby, what does Sarah Byrnes' father make Mr. Mautz look like in comparison?
5. What sport does the narrator participate in?
6. What does CAT stand for?
(a) Contemporary American Thought.
(b) Contemplative American Thought.
(c) Creative American Thought.
(d) Categorical American Thought.
7. When the story opens, what is the only thing that the narrator has from his father?
(a) A picture.
(b) A book.
(c) A recording.
(d) A letter.
8. After sharing her painful story with Moby, what does Sarah Byrnes do?
(a) Tell the nurses the truth.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Swears Moby to secrecy.
(d) Starts to cry.
9. When Jody sits back down after Ms. Lemry refuses to sign her drop card for the CAT class, Moby is disappointed in Jody. What does Moby refer to Jody as?
(a) The Pillsbury Doughgirl.
(b) A pushover.
(d) A softie.
10. According to Sarah Byrnes' theory, who told Dale Thornton that Moby was responsible for "Crispy Pork Rinds"?
(a) Mr. Patterson.
(b) Ms. Lemry.
(c) Mr. Mautz.
(d) Coach Stone.
11. How many students in the CAT class does Moby know have picketed outside the town's abortion clinic?
12. According to the "expose" on Mautz's illegitimate son for "Crispy Pork Rinds", who did Mautz's son have an affair with?
13. When Ellerby and Moby begin discussing Ellerby's relationship with his father, how does Ellerby characterize the relationship?
14. What does the CAT teacher use as the subtitle for her class?
15. According to the narrator, what does he share with his hospitalized friend?
(a) Terminal stupids.
(b) Terminal scaries.
(c) Terminal crazies.
(d) Terminal uglies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sarah Byrnes refuse to write an expose on the person Dale suggested for his first article?
2. What is the name of the eighth grader who bullied both the narrator and his hospitalized friend while they were in junior high?
3. According to the narrator, how long had he "stayed fat" for his friend?
4. What is the new position that Moby's junior high principal now holds at the high school?
5. After "Crispy Pork Rinds" folded, Byrnes and Moby distributed hollow gumballs to people who had "wronged" them. What were the gumballs laced with?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)