Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jody asks Moby to meet her after he finishes swim practice, where do they agree to meet?
(a) At Moby's house.
(b) At Jody's house.
(c) At the hospital.
(d) At the Burger Barn.
2. What is the name of the counselor that introduces herself to the narrator?
3. What is the name of the narrator's English teacher?
(a) Ms. Shipley.
(b) Ms. Lemry.
(c) Mr. Mautz.
(d) Mr. Stone.
4. About how many hours per day does the narrator practice his sport?
5. According to Sarah Byrnes, why did she come to the mental hospital faking her break?
(a) She needed to think.
(b) She needed space.
(c) She needed to heal.
(d) She needed food.
6. When Moby is eavesdropping as Mark tries to drop CAT, what does Moby liken Mark's memory to?
(a) A copier.
(b) A fax machine.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A telephone.
7. What is the name of Moby's mother's new boyfriend?
8. As Sarah Byrnes' visitor is leaving in Chapter 6, what does her visitor ask Moby?
(a) If Sarah Byrnes has spoken to Moby.
(b) If Sarah Byrnes has written to Moby.
(c) If Sarah Byrnes has laughed with Moby.
(d) If Sarah Byrnes has touched Moby.
9. After Sarah Byrnes and Dale Thornton got into a major fight over what really happened to cause Sarah Byrnes' scars, how many more editions of "Crispy Pork Rinds" were printed?
10. During his senior year when Moby goes to find Dale Thornton again, what is Dale doing?
(a) Harassing a kid.
(b) Playing a video game.
(c) Working on a car.
(d) Cleaning a gun.
11. According to Sarah Byrnes, what is in Dale Thornton's front yard?
(a) A flower bed.
(b) Old cars.
(c) A tree house.
(d) A rabid dog.
12. When the story opens, the narrator is describing when his father left his mother. At that time, how much longer did the narrator still have in the "darkroom"?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
13. Where did Moby and Ellerby first meet?
(a) In eight grade homeroom.
(b) At swim practice.
(c) In first grade.
(d) At baseball try-outs.
14. When Sarah Byrnes finally begins to talk to Moby at the hospital, how long has it been since she was burned by her father?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Fourteen years.
(d) Two years.
15. When Ellerby is called on to present his ideas around the abortion issue, what does Ellerby change the discussion to?
(a) Life after birth.
(b) Life after sex.
(c) Life after conception.
(d) Life after marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Huey-Dewey live?
2. How many total swimmers (boys and girls) are on the school's swim team?
3. According to the "expose" on Mautz's illegitimate son for "Crispy Pork Rinds", who did Mautz's son have an affair with?
4. Who is the first person during the abortion discussion to bring up the argument that abortion is not murder; it is a choice?
5. In Dale's opinion, what is the very worst thing to be called by someone else?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)