|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 6 when Moby goes to visit Sarah Byrnes, who is already with her when Moby arrives?
2. When the story opens, how old is the narrator?
3. How many students are enrolled in the CAT class?
4. According to Ms. Lemry during the abortion discussion, what is Ellerby prone to?
5. When Jody and Moby meet after Moby's swim practice, what does Jody tell Moby?
(a) That she is dropping CAT.
(b) That she had an abortion.
(c) That she was abused as a child.
(d) That she is moving away.
6. According to the "expose" on Mautz's illegitimate son for "Crispy Pork Rinds", how long did Mautz's son's illicit affair last?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Eight months.
(d) Eighteen months.
7. In Chapter 3, Moby and Ellerby are heading towards a "special" workout. How many 100's are scheduled for the day's workout?
8. Why did Sarah Byrnes refuse to write an expose on the person Dale suggested for his first article?
(a) The person Dale suggested was sick.
(b) The person Dale suggested was helpless.
(c) The person Dale suggested was hopeless.
(d) The person Dale suggested was vicious.
9. According to Moby, what does Sarah Byrnes' father make Mr. Mautz look like in comparison?
10. When the CAT discussion on abortion begins, who presents their views first?
(a) Megan Buckman.
(b) Steve Ellerby.
(c) Mark Brittain.
(d) Sally Eaton.
11. When Ellerby tried to run away after his brother was killed, where did Ellerby try to go?
(a) His mother's house.
(b) His uncle's house.
(c) His sister's house.
(d) His friend's house.
12. When questioned about creating the junior high newspaper, what did the narrator do?
(a) Cite the Constitution.
(b) Cite the Fifth Amendment.
(c) Cite the Student Bill of Rights.
(d) Cite the School Rulebook.
13. According to the narrator, how long had he "stayed fat" for his friend?
(a) One year.
(b) Eight months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
14. What is the name of Dale Thornton's father?
15. As Moby reflects on his date with Jody, he thinks he's not a good soldier. He thinks he's a better what?
Short Answer Questions
1. On the 95th 100, how many seconds do Ellerby and Moby plan to go under the standard?
2. According to Sarah Byrnes, why did she come to the mental hospital faking her break?
3. When the story opens, what is the only thing that the narrator has from his father?
4. According to what Moby tells the hospital counselor, how many times has Moby been to Sarah Byrnes' house since meeting her in grade school?
5. According to Sarah Byrnes' theory, who told Dale Thornton that Moby was responsible for "Crispy Pork Rinds"?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)