|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the CAT teacher use as the subtitle for her class?
2. According to Moby, what class was Sarah Byrnes in when she "just tripped out"?
(a) World History.
(c) American Government.
3. How many students in the CAT class does Moby know have picketed outside the town's abortion clinic?
4. On the 95th 100, how many seconds do Ellerby and Moby plan to go under the standard?
5. Who is NOT enrolled in Ms. Lemry's CAT class?
(a) Jody Mueller.
(b) Dale Thornton.
(c) Steve Ellerby.
(d) Mark Brittain.
6. According to Jody and Moby's discussion, what isn't getting talked about in the CAT discussion of abortion?
(a) The science.
(b) The procedure.
(c) The health risks.
(d) The emptiness.
7. After doing 92 of the 100's, how many swimmers are left?
8. According to the "expose" on Mautz's illegitimate son for "Crispy Pork Rinds", how long did Mautz's son's illicit affair last?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) Eight months.
9. How many swimmers finish the full 100 100's?
10. According to the narrator, what does he share with his hospitalized friend?
(a) Terminal uglies.
(b) Terminal crazies.
(c) Terminal stupids.
(d) Terminal scaries.
11. Who led the effort to have Ellerby prohibited from driving his car to swim meets?
(a) Mr. Patterson.
(b) Steve Gould.
(c) Mr. Mautz.
(d) Mark Brittain.
12. How many total swimmers (boys and girls) are on the school's swim team?
13. How does the narrator characterize the world in his CAT class discussion?
14. What does the narrator's mother think his father teaches?
15. What is the name of the principal at the high school?
(a) Mr. Byrnes.
(b) Mr. Patterson.
(c) Mr. Ellerby.
(d) Mr. Mautz.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ms. Lemry during the abortion discussion, what is Ellerby prone to?
2. What is the name of the counselor that introduces herself to the narrator?
3. As Sarah Byrnes' visitor is leaving in Chapter 6, what does her visitor ask Moby?
4. When Ellerby tried to run away after his brother was killed, how many blocks did Ellerby get before getting picked up by the police?
5. When Ellerby is called on to present his ideas around the abortion issue, what does Ellerby change the discussion to?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)