|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the story opens, how old is the narrator?
2. How old was Ellerby when his brother was killed?
(a) Fourteen years old.
(b) Twelve years old.
(c) Six years old.
(d) Nine years old.
3. After "Crispy Pork Rinds" folded, how many hollow gumballs did Byrnes and Moby distribute to people who had "wronged" them?
4. At the time Dale suggested topics for his first article, how many issues of "Crispy Pork Rinds" had already been published?
5. According to Jody and Moby's discussion, what isn't getting talked about in the CAT discussion of abortion?
(a) The science.
(b) The health risks.
(c) The emptiness.
(d) The procedure.
6. What is the name of the counselor that introduces herself to the narrator?
7. About how many hours per day does the narrator practice his sport?
8. In what city does the story take place?
9. When Ellerby and Moby begin discussing Ellerby's relationship with his father, for how long have Moby and Ellerby known each other?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Two years.
10. What is the name of the eighth grader who bullied both the narrator and his hospitalized friend while they were in junior high?
(a) David Gould.
(b) Eric Calhoune.
(c) Mark Brittain.
(d) Dale Thornton.
11. According to what Moby tells the hospital counselor, when did Dale Thornton drop out of school?
(a) After eighth grade.
(b) After tenth grade.
(c) After seventh grade.
(d) After ninth grade.
12. As Sarah Byrnes' visitor is leaving in Chapter 6, what does her visitor ask Moby?
(a) If Sarah Byrnes has touched Moby.
(b) If Sarah Byrnes has laughed with Moby.
(c) If Sarah Byrnes has spoken to Moby.
(d) If Sarah Byrnes has written to Moby.
13. When Dale Thornton first became involved in "Crispy Pork Rinds," who did Dale suggest has the subject for his first article?
(a) Mark Brittain.
(b) Steve Cornell.
(c) Joe Marcus.
(d) Elgin Green.
14. Where does Huey-Dewey live?
(a) In a storage unit.
(b) In a cellar.
(c) In an apartment.
(d) In a house.
15. When Brittain confronts Moby about the 100's set in CAT, why does Moby tell Brittain that Brittain had a free ride for the first 97 100's?
(a) Brittain never set the pace.
(b) Brittain drafted off of Moby.
(c) Brittain used his fins.
(d) Brittain had a calmer lane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does the narrator go by?
2. After Sarah Byrnes and Dale Thornton got into a major fight over what really happened to cause Sarah Byrnes' scars, how many more editions of "Crispy Pork Rinds" were printed?
3. What does CAT stand for?
4. When the story opens, the narrator is describing when his father left his mother. At that time, how much longer did the narrator still have in the "darkroom"?
5. When Ellerby is called on to present his ideas around the abortion issue, what does Ellerby change the discussion to?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)