|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many students are enrolled in the CAT class?
2. After finishing practice at the beginning of the book, where does the narrator go?
(a) Fairview Hospital.
(b) St. Vincent's Hospital.
(c) Sacred Heart Hospital.
(d) Riley Children's Hospital.
3. After doing 92 of the 100's, how many swimmers are left?
4. According to Moby, what class was Sarah Byrnes in when she "just tripped out"?
(a) World History.
(c) American Government.
5. After Sarah Byrnes and Dale Thornton got into a major fight over what really happened to cause Sarah Byrnes' scars, how many more editions of "Crispy Pork Rinds" were printed?
6. Where did Moby and Ellerby first meet?
(a) At baseball try-outs.
(b) At swim practice.
(c) In eight grade homeroom.
(d) In first grade.
7. What does the narrator's mother think his father teaches?
8. What stroke is Moby's swimming specialty?
9. In Dale's opinion, what is the very worst thing to be called by someone else?
(a) A thief.
(c) A liar.
(d) A moron.
10. What stroke is Ellerby's swimming specialty?
11. What is the name of the narrator's coach?
(a) Coach Crossley.
(b) Coach Lemry.
(c) Coach Stone.
(d) Coach Mautz.
12. According to Moby, what does Sarah Byrnes' father make Mr. Mautz look like in comparison?
13. What is the name of the narrator's English teacher?
(a) Ms. Lemry.
(b) Mr. Stone.
(c) Ms. Shipley.
(d) Mr. Mautz.
14. As Sarah Byrnes' visitor is leaving in Chapter 6, what does her visitor ask Moby?
(a) If Sarah Byrnes has spoken to Moby.
(b) If Sarah Byrnes has touched Moby.
(c) If Sarah Byrnes has written to Moby.
(d) If Sarah Byrnes has laughed with Moby.
15. What is the name of the counselor that introduces herself to the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sarah Byrnes refuse to write an expose on the person Dale suggested for his first article?
2. After sharing her painful story with Moby, what does Sarah Byrnes do?
3. When Moby is eavesdropping as Mark tries to drop CAT, what does Moby liken Mark's memory to?
4. In Chapter 3, Moby and Ellerby are heading towards a "special" workout. How many 100's are scheduled for the day's workout?
5. As Moby reflects on his date with Jody, Moby realizes that he needs to have a talk with someone. Who does Moby need to talk with?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)