|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After "Crispy Pork Rinds" folded, how many hollow gumballs did Byrnes and Moby distribute to people who had "wronged" them?
2. After doing 85 of the 100's, how many swimmers are left?
3. When Ms. Lemry asks for volunteers to present their subject for the CAT class presentation, who goes first?
4. Why did Sarah Byrnes crash into her dad the night she was burned?
(a) She was trying to escape.
(b) She was trying to save herself.
(c) She was trying to save her sister.
(d) She was trying to save her mom.
5. When the story opens, how old is the narrator?
6. According to the narrator, how long had he "stayed fat" for his friend?
(a) One year.
(b) Eight months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
7. At the beginning of Chapter 6 when Moby goes to visit Sarah Byrnes, who is already with her when Moby arrives?
8. What does the narrator's mother think his father teaches?
9. When Ellerby tried to run away after his brother was killed, how many blocks did Ellerby get before getting picked up by the police?
(a) Twenty miles.
(b) Twenty blocks.
(c) Five blocks.
(d) Five miles.
10. What is the name of Moby's mother's new boyfriend?
11. At the time Dale suggested topics for his first article, how many issues of "Crispy Pork Rinds" had already been published?
12. Who is the narrator going to the hospital to visit after finishing practice?
(a) Jody Mueller.
(b) Dale Thornton.
(c) Sarah Byrnes.
(d) Mark Brittain.
13. What model year is Ellerby's vehicle?
14. According to Moby, what does Sarah Byrnes' father make Mr. Mautz look like in comparison?
15. What is the name of Dale Thornton's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what Sarah Byrnes told Dale as he suggested topics for his first article, what did Sarah Byrnes see herself as?
2. According to what Moby tells the hospital counselor, how many times has Moby been to Sarah Byrnes' house since meeting her in grade school?
3. In Chapter 3, Moby and Ellerby are heading towards a "special" workout. How many 100's are scheduled for the day's workout?
4. How many students in the CAT class does Moby know have picketed outside the town's abortion clinic?
5. According to the narrator, what does he share with his hospitalized friend?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)