|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jody and Moby's discussion, what isn't getting talked about in the CAT discussion of abortion?
(a) The procedure.
(b) The health risks.
(c) The emptiness.
(d) The science.
2. How many students are enrolled in the CAT class?
3. When the CAT class volunteer plays a tape to start his presentation, what song does the volunteer play?
(a) "Rolling on a River".
(b) "God is Watching Us".
(c) "From a Distance".
(d) "Life is Just a Dream".
4. In what city does the story take place?
5. When Jody sits back down after Ms. Lemry refuses to sign her drop card for the CAT class, Moby is disappointed in Jody. What does Moby refer to Jody as?
(a) The Pillsbury Doughgirl.
(b) A softie.
(c) A pushover.
6. At the time Dale suggested topics for his first article, how many issues of "Crispy Pork Rinds" had already been published?
7. What is Ms. Lemry's overriding rule for discussions taking place in the CAT class?
(a) No blasphemy.
(b) No prayers.
(c) No poorly constructed arguments.
(d) No personal remarks.
8. According to Sarah Byrnes, why did she come to the mental hospital faking her break?
(a) She needed food.
(b) She needed to think.
(c) She needed space.
(d) She needed to heal.
9. When the story opens, how old is the narrator?
10. What does CAT stand for?
(a) Creative American Thought.
(b) Contemplative American Thought.
(c) Contemporary American Thought.
(d) Categorical American Thought.
11. When Sarah Byrnes had appeared at Moby's house as Moby was revising the Huey-Dewey article, who was with Sarah Byrnes?
(a) Mr. Mautz.
(b) Dale Thornton.
(c) Mark Brittain.
(d) Steve Ellerby.
12. According to what Moby tells the hospital counselor, when did Dale Thornton drop out of school?
(a) After seventh grade.
(b) After ninth grade.
(c) After eighth grade.
(d) After tenth grade.
13. How many students in the CAT class does Moby know have picketed outside the town's abortion clinic?
14. On the 95th 100, how many seconds do Ellerby and Moby plan to go under the standard?
15. Who is NOT enrolled in Ms. Lemry's CAT class?
(a) Dale Thornton.
(b) Jody Mueller.
(c) Steve Ellerby.
(d) Mark Brittain.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Moby reflects on his date with Jody, he thinks he's not a good soldier. He thinks he's a better what?
2. After doing 85 of the 100's, how many swimmers are left?
3. When Ellerby tried to run away after his brother was killed, how many blocks did Ellerby get before getting picked up by the police?
4. How many swimmers finish the full 100 100's?
5. What kind of car is Ellerby's vehicle?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)