|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Sarah Byrnes' visitor is leaving in Chapter 6, what does her visitor ask Moby?
(a) If Sarah Byrnes has touched Moby.
(b) If Sarah Byrnes has written to Moby.
(c) If Sarah Byrnes has spoken to Moby.
(d) If Sarah Byrnes has laughed with Moby.
2. What sport does the narrator definitely NOT want to participate in?
3. According to Moby, what class was Sarah Byrnes in when she "just tripped out"?
(c) World History.
(d) American Government.
4. When the story opens, what is the only thing that the narrator has from his father?
(a) A book.
(b) A letter.
(c) A recording.
(d) A picture.
5. When Brittain confronts Moby about the 100's set in CAT, why does Moby tell Brittain that Brittain had a free ride for the first 97 100's?
(a) Brittain drafted off of Moby.
(b) Brittain never set the pace.
(c) Brittain had a calmer lane.
(d) Brittain used his fins.
6. What sport does the narrator participate in?
7. What is the occupation of Moby's mother?
(a) An accountant.
(b) A chef.
(c) A writer.
(d) A nurse.
8. After sharing her painful story with Moby, what does Sarah Byrnes do?
(a) Tell the nurses the truth.
(b) Starts to cry.
(c) Swears Moby to secrecy.
(d) Runs away.
9. At the time Dale suggested topics for his first article, how many issues of "Crispy Pork Rinds" had already been published?
10. How many students in the CAT class does Moby know have picketed outside the town's abortion clinic?
11. When questioned about creating the junior high newspaper, what did the narrator do?
(a) Cite the Student Bill of Rights.
(b) Cite the Constitution.
(c) Cite the School Rulebook.
(d) Cite the Fifth Amendment.
12. What is the name of Ellerby's car?
(a) The Christian Cruiser.
(b) The Christian Bug.
(c) The Christian Crammer.
(d) The Cruising Christian.
13. As Moby reflects on his date with Jody, he thinks he's not a good soldier. He thinks he's a better what?
14. According to what Moby tells the hospital counselor, when did Dale Thornton drop out of school?
(a) After ninth grade.
(b) After eighth grade.
(c) After tenth grade.
(d) After seventh grade.
15. When Ellerby tried to run away after his brother was killed, how many blocks did Ellerby get before getting picked up by the police?
(a) Five blocks.
(b) Twenty blocks.
(c) Twenty miles.
(d) Five miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ms. Lemry asks for volunteers to present their subject for the CAT class presentation, who goes first?
2. What is the name of the newspaper the narrator and his friend created in junior high?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 6 when Moby goes to visit Sarah Byrnes, who is already with her when Moby arrives?
4. Where did Moby and Ellerby first meet?
5. In Dale's opinion, what is the very worst thing to be called by someone else?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)