|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 6 when Moby goes to visit Sarah Byrnes, who is already with her when Moby arrives?
2. According to Jody and Moby's discussion, what isn't getting talked about in the CAT discussion of abortion?
(a) The health risks.
(b) The procedure.
(c) The science.
(d) The emptiness.
3. In what city does the story take place?
4. About how many hours per day does the narrator practice his sport?
5. According to what Moby tells the hospital counselor, how many times has Moby been to Sarah Byrnes' house since meeting her in grade school?
6. According to the narrator, what does he share with his hospitalized friend?
(a) Terminal stupids.
(b) Terminal scaries.
(c) Terminal crazies.
(d) Terminal uglies.
7. At the time Dale suggested topics for his first article, how many issues of "Crispy Pork Rinds" had already been published?
8. According to the "expose" on Mautz's illegitimate son for "Crispy Pork Rinds", who did Mautz's son have an affair with?
9. What sport does the narrator definitely NOT want to participate in?
10. After finishing practice at the beginning of the book, where does the narrator go?
(a) Fairview Hospital.
(b) St. Vincent's Hospital.
(c) Sacred Heart Hospital.
(d) Riley Children's Hospital.
11. When Jody sits back down after Ms. Lemry refuses to sign her drop card for the CAT class, Moby is disappointed in Jody. What does Moby refer to Jody as?
(a) The Pillsbury Doughgirl.
(c) A softie.
(d) A pushover.
12. What is the name of the principal at the high school?
(a) Mr. Patterson.
(b) Mr. Byrnes.
(c) Mr. Ellerby.
(d) Mr. Mautz.
13. When Ellerby tried to run away after his brother was killed, how many blocks did Ellerby get before getting picked up by the police?
(a) Twenty blocks.
(b) Five miles.
(c) Five blocks.
(d) Twenty miles.
14. When Sarah Byrnes finally begins to talk to Moby at the hospital, how long has it been since she was burned by her father?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Fourteen years.
(d) Two years.
15. After "Crispy Pork Rinds" folded, how many hollow gumballs did Byrnes and Moby distribute to people who had "wronged" them?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the eighth grader who bullied both the narrator and his hospitalized friend while they were in junior high?
2. When Brittain confronts Moby about the 100's set in CAT, why does Moby tell Brittain that Brittain had a free ride for the first 97 100's?
3. When the story opens, the narrator is describing when his father left his mother. At that time, how much longer did the narrator still have in the "darkroom"?
4. According to Moby, what does Sarah Byrnes' father make Mr. Mautz look like in comparison?
5. What is the name of the narrator's coach?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)