|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ellerby and Moby begin discussing Ellerby's relationship with his father, how does Ellerby characterize the relationship?
2. When Sarah Byrnes finally begins to talk to Moby at the hospital, how long has it been since she was burned by her father?
(a) Fourteen years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Eight years.
3. On the 95th 100, how many seconds do Ellerby and Moby plan to go under the standard?
4. After Sarah Byrnes and Dale Thornton got into a major fight over what really happened to cause Sarah Byrnes' scars, how many more editions of "Crispy Pork Rinds" were printed?
5. When Moby is eavesdropping as Mark tries to drop CAT, what does Moby liken Mark's memory to?
(a) A telephone.
(b) A fax machine.
(c) A copier.
(d) A photograph.
6. When Dale Thornton first became involved in "Crispy Pork Rinds," who did Dale suggest has the subject for his first article?
(a) Joe Marcus.
(b) Mark Brittain.
(c) Steve Cornell.
(d) Elgin Green.
7. After "Crispy Pork Rinds" folded, Byrnes and Moby distributed hollow gumballs to people who had "wronged" them. What were the gumballs laced with?
(a) Jalapeno peppers.
(d) Tabasco sauce.
8. When the story opens, the narrator is describing when his father left his mother. At that time, how much longer did the narrator still have in the "darkroom"?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) Two months.
9. When the story opens, how old is the narrator?
10. When Brittain confronts Moby about the 100's set in CAT, why does Moby tell Brittain that Brittain had a free ride for the first 97 100's?
(a) Brittain used his fins.
(b) Brittain had a calmer lane.
(c) Brittain drafted off of Moby.
(d) Brittain never set the pace.
11. When Ellerby tried to run away after his brother was killed, how many blocks did Ellerby get before getting picked up by the police?
(a) Twenty blocks.
(b) Twenty miles.
(c) Five miles.
(d) Five blocks.
12. How many students in the CAT class does Moby know have picketed outside the town's abortion clinic?
13. As Moby reflects on his date with Jody, he thinks he's not a good soldier. He thinks he's a better what?
14. When Ellerby and Moby begin discussing Ellerby's relationship with his father, for how long have Moby and Ellerby known each other?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Four years.
15. According to Moby, what class was Sarah Byrnes in when she "just tripped out"?
(a) American Government.
(b) World History.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his senior year when Moby goes to find Dale Thornton again, what is Dale doing?
2. What is the name of Dale Thornton's father?
3. When the CAT discussion on abortion begins, who presents their views first?
4. According to the "expose" on Mautz's illegitimate son for "Crispy Pork Rinds", who did Mautz's son have an affair with?
5. According to Sarah Byrnes, what is in Dale Thornton's front yard?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)