|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jody and Moby's discussion, what isn't getting talked about in the CAT discussion of abortion?
(a) The emptiness.
(b) The health risks.
(c) The science.
(d) The procedure.
2. When Sarah Byrnes had appeared at Moby's house as Moby was revising the Huey-Dewey article, who was with Sarah Byrnes?
(a) Dale Thornton.
(b) Steve Ellerby.
(c) Mark Brittain.
(d) Mr. Mautz.
3. After "Crispy Pork Rinds" folded, Byrnes and Moby distributed hollow gumballs to people who had "wronged" them. What were the gumballs laced with?
(b) Tabasco sauce.
(d) Jalapeno peppers.
4. When Moby is eavesdropping as Mark tries to drop CAT, what does Moby liken Mark's memory to?
(a) A fax machine.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A telephone.
(d) A copier.
5. Why did Sarah Byrnes refuse to write an expose on the person Dale suggested for his first article?
(a) The person Dale suggested was vicious.
(b) The person Dale suggested was sick.
(c) The person Dale suggested was hopeless.
(d) The person Dale suggested was helpless.
6. According to Moby, what class was Sarah Byrnes in when she "just tripped out"?
(b) World History.
(d) American Government.
7. How many total swimmers (boys and girls) are on the school's swim team?
8. Who led the effort to have Ellerby prohibited from driving his car to swim meets?
(a) Mark Brittain.
(b) Mr. Mautz.
(c) Steve Gould.
(d) Mr. Patterson.
9. Where does Huey-Dewey live?
(a) In a house.
(b) In a cellar.
(c) In a storage unit.
(d) In an apartment.
10. What is the name of Ellerby's car?
(a) The Christian Crammer.
(b) The Christian Bug.
(c) The Cruising Christian.
(d) The Christian Cruiser.
11. What does the narrator's mother think his father teaches?
12. When the story opens, what is the only thing that the narrator has from his father?
(a) A recording.
(b) A letter.
(c) A picture.
(d) A book.
13. Which of these students did NOT picket outside the town's abortion clinic?
(a) Cynthia Parrish.
(b) Steve Ellerby.
(c) Sally Eaton.
(d) Mark Brittain.
14. When Jody and Moby meet after Moby's swim practice, what does Jody tell Moby?
(a) That she was abused as a child.
(b) That she is moving away.
(c) That she is dropping CAT.
(d) That she had an abortion.
15. What is the new position that Moby's junior high principal now holds at the high school?
(a) School counselor.
(d) Truancy officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the newspaper the narrator and his friend created in junior high?
2. When Jody asks Moby to meet her after he finishes swim practice, where do they agree to meet?
3. When Dale Thornton first became involved in "Crispy Pork Rinds," who did Dale suggest has the subject for his first article?
4. During his senior year when Moby goes to find Dale Thornton again, what is Dale doing?
5. According to Moby, what does Sarah Byrnes' father make Mr. Mautz look like in comparison?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)