|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After "Crispy Pork Rinds" folded, how many hollow gumballs did Byrnes and Moby distribute to people who had "wronged" them?
2. As Sarah Byrnes' visitor is leaving in Chapter 6, what does her visitor ask Moby?
(a) If Sarah Byrnes has touched Moby.
(b) If Sarah Byrnes has laughed with Moby.
(c) If Sarah Byrnes has spoken to Moby.
(d) If Sarah Byrnes has written to Moby.
3. When Sarah Byrnes had appeared at Moby's house as Moby was revising the Huey-Dewey article, who was with Sarah Byrnes?
(a) Mr. Mautz.
(b) Steve Ellerby.
(c) Mark Brittain.
(d) Dale Thornton.
4. What is the name of Dale Thornton's father?
5. When questioned about creating the junior high newspaper, what did the narrator do?
(a) Cite the Fifth Amendment.
(b) Cite the Student Bill of Rights.
(c) Cite the School Rulebook.
(d) Cite the Constitution.
6. When the story opens, what is the only thing that the narrator has from his father?
(a) A picture.
(b) A recording.
(c) A book.
(d) A letter.
7. What is the name of the newspaper the narrator and his friend created in junior high?
(a) "Crispy Corn Dogs."
(b) "Crispy Chips."
(c) "Crispy Pork Rinds."
(d) "Crispy Bacon Fat."
8. According to what Moby tells the hospital counselor, how many times has Moby been to Sarah Byrnes' house since meeting her in grade school?
9. When Ms. Lemry asks for volunteers to present their subject for the CAT class presentation, who goes first?
10. What sport does the narrator participate in?
11. According to Sarah Byrnes, why did she come to the mental hospital faking her break?
(a) She needed food.
(b) She needed space.
(c) She needed to heal.
(d) She needed to think.
12. What stroke is Ellerby's swimming specialty?
13. When Ellerby is called on to present his ideas around the abortion issue, what does Ellerby change the discussion to?
(a) Life after marriage.
(b) Life after conception.
(c) Life after birth.
(d) Life after sex.
14. Where did Moby and Ellerby first meet?
(a) At baseball try-outs.
(b) At swim practice.
(c) In first grade.
(d) In eight grade homeroom.
15. At the time Dale suggested topics for his first article, how many issues of "Crispy Pork Rinds" had already been published?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jody and Moby meet after Moby's swim practice, what does Jody tell Moby?
2. How many swimmers finish the full 100 100's?
3. According to what Sarah Byrnes told Dale as he suggested topics for his first article, what did Sarah Byrnes see herself as?
4. How many students in the CAT class does Moby know have picketed outside the town's abortion clinic?
5. What kind of car is Ellerby's vehicle?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)