|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many students are enrolled in the CAT class?
2. When Jody sits back down after Ms. Lemry refuses to sign her drop card for the CAT class, Moby is disappointed in Jody. What does Moby refer to Jody as?
(a) The Pillsbury Doughgirl.
(b) A softie.
(d) A pushover.
3. When Jody asks Moby to meet her after he finishes swim practice, where do they agree to meet?
(a) At the Burger Barn.
(b) At Jody's house.
(c) At the hospital.
(d) At Moby's house.
4. What is the name of the eighth grader who bullied both the narrator and his hospitalized friend while they were in junior high?
(a) Eric Calhoune.
(b) Mark Brittain.
(c) Dale Thornton.
(d) David Gould.
5. During his senior year when Moby goes to find Dale Thornton again, what is Dale doing?
(a) Harassing a kid.
(b) Cleaning a gun.
(c) Working on a car.
(d) Playing a video game.
6. When Ellerby is called on to present his ideas around the abortion issue, what does Ellerby change the discussion to?
(a) Life after birth.
(b) Life after conception.
(c) Life after marriage.
(d) Life after sex.
7. When Brittain confronts Moby about the 100's set in CAT, why does Moby tell Brittain that Brittain had a free ride for the first 97 100's?
(a) Brittain drafted off of Moby.
(b) Brittain used his fins.
(c) Brittain had a calmer lane.
(d) Brittain never set the pace.
8. According to Jody and Moby's discussion, what isn't getting talked about in the CAT discussion of abortion?
(a) The procedure.
(b) The science.
(c) The emptiness.
(d) The health risks.
9. What does the CAT teacher use as the subtitle for her class?
10. What nickname does the narrator go by?
11. According to the narrator, how long had he "stayed fat" for his friend?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Eight months.
12. What model year is Ellerby's vehicle?
13. Who is NOT enrolled in Ms. Lemry's CAT class?
(a) Dale Thornton.
(b) Steve Ellerby.
(c) Mark Brittain.
(d) Jody Mueller.
14. According to Sarah Byrnes, why did she come to the mental hospital faking her break?
(a) She needed to think.
(b) She needed to heal.
(c) She needed food.
(d) She needed space.
15. According to Sarah Byrnes, what is in Dale Thornton's front yard?
(a) A flower bed.
(b) Old cars.
(c) A tree house.
(d) A rabid dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Moby and Ellerby are heading towards a "special" workout. How many 100's are scheduled for the day's workout?
2. As Moby reflects on his date with Jody, Moby realizes that he needs to have a talk with someone. Who does Moby need to talk with?
3. When the CAT class volunteer plays a tape to start his presentation, what song does the volunteer play?
4. When Ms. Lemry asks for volunteers to present their subject for the CAT class presentation, who goes first?
5. Where does Huey-Dewey live?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)