|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does CAT stand for?
(a) Categorical American Thought.
(b) Contemporary American Thought.
(c) Contemplative American Thought.
(d) Creative American Thought.
2. How long was Dale Thornton away from school after Mr. Mautz called Dale's father regarding the chewing tobacco?
(a) Four days.
(b) Six days.
(c) Three days.
(d) One week.
3. During his senior year when Moby goes to find Dale Thornton again, what is Dale doing?
(a) Harassing a kid.
(b) Cleaning a gun.
(c) Playing a video game.
(d) Working on a car.
4. What nickname does the narrator go by?
5. When Ellerby is called on to present his ideas around the abortion issue, what does Ellerby change the discussion to?
(a) Life after sex.
(b) Life after birth.
(c) Life after conception.
(d) Life after marriage.
6. What kind of car is Ellerby's vehicle?
(a) A Pontiac.
(b) A Volkswagen.
(c) A Ford.
(d) A Buick.
7. When Jody sits back down after Ms. Lemry refuses to sign her drop card for the CAT class, Moby is disappointed in Jody. What does Moby refer to Jody as?
(b) A softie.
(c) The Pillsbury Doughgirl.
(d) A pushover.
8. What is the name of Ellerby's car?
(a) The Christian Cruiser.
(b) The Cruising Christian.
(c) The Christian Crammer.
(d) The Christian Bug.
9. What nickname did Dale Thornton used to call Sarah Byrnes in junior high?
(b) Crater Face.
(c) Burn girl.
(d) Burn Baby.
10. According to Moby, what does Sarah Byrnes' father make Mr. Mautz look like in comparison?
11. After "Crispy Pork Rinds" folded, Byrnes and Moby distributed hollow gumballs to people who had "wronged" them. What were the gumballs laced with?
(b) Jalapeno peppers.
(c) Tabasco sauce.
12. How many swimmers finish the full 100 100's?
13. Why did Sarah Byrnes refuse to write an expose on the person Dale suggested for his first article?
(a) The person Dale suggested was hopeless.
(b) The person Dale suggested was vicious.
(c) The person Dale suggested was sick.
(d) The person Dale suggested was helpless.
14. Who is the narrator going to the hospital to visit after finishing practice?
(a) Jody Mueller.
(b) Dale Thornton.
(c) Mark Brittain.
(d) Sarah Byrnes.
15. When Ellerby and Moby begin discussing Ellerby's relationship with his father, how does Ellerby characterize the relationship?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ellerby and Moby begin discussing Ellerby's relationship with his father, for how long have Moby and Ellerby known each other?
2. What is the name of the newspaper the narrator and his friend created in junior high?
3. Where did Moby and Ellerby first meet?
4. Who is NOT enrolled in Ms. Lemry's CAT class?
5. When Jody and Moby meet after Moby's swim practice, what does Jody tell Moby?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)