|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the story opens, how old is the narrator?
2. When the story opens, what is the only thing that the narrator has from his father?
(a) A recording.
(b) A picture.
(c) A book.
(d) A letter.
3. When Sarah Byrnes had appeared at Moby's house as Moby was revising the Huey-Dewey article, who was with Sarah Byrnes?
(a) Steve Ellerby.
(b) Mark Brittain.
(c) Mr. Mautz.
(d) Dale Thornton.
4. After doing 85 of the 100's, how many swimmers are left?
5. As Moby reflects on his date with Jody, Moby realizes that he needs to have a talk with someone. Who does Moby need to talk with?
(a) Steve Ellerby.
(b) Mr. Ellerby.
(c) His mother.
(d) Sarah Byrnes.
6. What is the name of Dale Thornton's father?
7. In Chapter 3, Moby and Ellerby are heading towards a "special" workout. How many 100's are scheduled for the day's workout?
8. What is the name of the newspaper the narrator and his friend created in junior high?
(a) "Crispy Chips."
(b) "Crispy Pork Rinds."
(c) "Crispy Corn Dogs."
(d) "Crispy Bacon Fat."
9. What stroke is Moby's swimming specialty?
10. According to Jody and Moby's discussion, what isn't getting talked about in the CAT discussion of abortion?
(a) The emptiness.
(b) The health risks.
(c) The science.
(d) The procedure.
11. In Dale's opinion, what is the very worst thing to be called by someone else?
(a) A thief.
(b) A liar.
(d) A moron.
12. What is the name of Moby's mother's new boyfriend?
13. When the CAT class volunteer plays a tape to start his presentation, what song does the volunteer play?
(a) "From a Distance".
(b) "Rolling on a River".
(c) "God is Watching Us".
(d) "Life is Just a Dream".
14. What kind of car is Ellerby's vehicle?
(a) A Buick.
(b) A Volkswagen.
(c) A Ford.
(d) A Pontiac.
15. In what city does the story take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the effort to have Ellerby prohibited from driving his car to swim meets?
2. What is the name of the narrator's coach?
3. When Jody and Moby meet after Moby's swim practice, what does Jody tell Moby?
4. When Ellerby tried to run away after his brother was killed, how many blocks did Ellerby get before getting picked up by the police?
5. What sport does the narrator participate in?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)