|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Ellerby's occupation?
2. According to the narrator, what does he share with his hospitalized friend?
(a) Terminal crazies.
(b) Terminal stupids.
(c) Terminal uglies.
(d) Terminal scaries.
3. What sport does the narrator participate in?
4. When the story opens, how old is the narrator?
5. According to what Moby tells the hospital counselor, when did Dale Thornton drop out of school?
(a) After tenth grade.
(b) After ninth grade.
(c) After eighth grade.
(d) After seventh grade.
6. What was the name of the principal at the narrator's junior high school?
(a) Mr. Virgil.
(b) Mr. Crossley.
(c) Mr. Lemry.
(d) Mr. Mautz.
7. According to his friend's story, how old was his friend when she was burned?
(a) Two years old.
(b) Three years old.
(c) Fifteen years old.
(d) Four years old.
8. How many total swimmers (boys and girls) are on the school's swim team?
9. When the CAT class volunteer plays a tape to start his presentation, what song does the volunteer play?
(a) "God is Watching Us".
(b) "Life is Just a Dream".
(c) "Rolling on a River".
(d) "From a Distance".
10. On the 95th 100, how many seconds do Ellerby and Moby plan to go under the standard?
11. What sport does the narrator definitely NOT want to participate in?
12. What is the name of Ellerby's car?
(a) The Cruising Christian.
(b) The Christian Bug.
(c) The Christian Cruiser.
(d) The Christian Crammer.
13. When Moby is eavesdropping as Mark tries to drop CAT, what does Moby liken Mark's memory to?
(a) A fax machine.
(b) A copier.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A telephone.
14. How long was Dale Thornton away from school after Mr. Mautz called Dale's father regarding the chewing tobacco?
(a) Four days.
(b) Three days.
(c) One week.
(d) Six days.
15. What does the CAT teacher use as the subtitle for her class?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does the person visiting Sarah Byrnes in Chapter 6 traditionally wear?
2. During his senior year when Moby goes to find Dale Thornton again, what is Dale doing?
3. Who is NOT enrolled in Ms. Lemry's CAT class?
4. After Sarah Byrnes and Dale Thornton got into a major fight over what really happened to cause Sarah Byrnes' scars, how many more editions of "Crispy Pork Rinds" were printed?
5. How many students in the CAT class does Moby know have picketed outside the town's abortion clinic?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)