Short Essay Questions Key
1. As the story opens, how does the narrator describe his father?
As the story opens, the narrator describes his father as a tub of lard.
2. As the story opens, how does the narrator describe his mother?
As the story opens, the narrator describes his mother as a fox.
3. According to his mother, what attribute does the narrator possess that his father did not?
According to his mother, the narrator possesses a wonderful sense of humor - which his father did not possess.
4. Why does the narrator's English teacher call him Double-E?
Eric's English teacher calls him Double-E, which stands for Eric Enigma, because she cannot figure out how Eric is put together.
5. Before visiting his friend in the hospital, how long had it been since the narrator had been on the psychiatric unit and why had he been there?
Before visiting Sarah Byrnes in the psychiatric unit, it had been four years since Moby had been to that unit last. Four years earlier, Moby's third cousin had tried to commit suicide and was admitted to the psych unit.
This section contains 3,091 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)