|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does CAT stand for?
(a) Categorical American Thought.
(b) Contemplative American Thought.
(c) Creative American Thought.
(d) Contemporary American Thought.
2. What does the narrator's mother think his father teaches?
3. When the story opens, how old is the narrator?
4. What is the name of the principal at the high school?
(a) Mr. Mautz.
(b) Mr. Ellerby.
(c) Mr. Patterson.
(d) Mr. Byrnes.
5. After doing 92 of the 100's, how many swimmers are left?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the world in his CAT class discussion?
2. What is Mr. Ellerby's occupation?
3. What is the name of the narrator's coach?
4. What does the CAT teacher use as the subtitle for her class?
5. When the story opens, the narrator is describing when his father left his mother. At that time, how much longer did the narrator still have in the "darkroom"?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)