|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Section 7 in Station Eleven?
2. What does Arthur serve to Miranda when she visits his dressing room in Section 6, Chapter 39?
3. Who does Jeevan marry in Year Ten after the pandemic?
4. What is Tanya's last name in the narrative?
5. What does Jeevan use to build a makeshift structure in which to sleep, in Section 5, Chapter 36?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Frank’s death described in the narrative?
2. What is significant about the tea set that is described in Section 8, Chapter 51?
3. What does August perceive regarding Finn’s scar in Section 6, Chapter 38? What does this foreshadow?
4. What setting is established in the beginning of Section 5? During what time period is Section 5, Chapter 27 set?
5. How does Miranda respond to the news of Victoria’s book in Section 6, Chapter 39?
6. What setting is established in Section 7, Chapter 42? During what time period does this chapter take place?
7. What theory does August discuss in Section 6, Chapter 38? Why is this significant?
8. How is Miranda’s death described in Section 6, Chapter 41?
9. What is revealed regarding Kirsten’s tattoos in Section 8, Chapter 50?
10. What is significant about Jeevan’s promise to Arthur regarding the exclusive in Section 5, Chapter 27?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The two Shakespearean works that are performed by the Traveling Symphony in the narrative are King Lear and A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Discuss the plot, characters, settings, and themes of these two works and how they relate to the themes in Station Eleven. Why is Shakespeare the most popular choice for audiences in a post-apocalyptic world? How do Lear and A Midsummer Night’s Dream differ?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Miranda and Elizabeth in Station Eleven. How would you describe each character’s relationship with Arthur? How do these characters differ in terms of appearance and attitude? What happens to each character?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Dr. Eleven comics/graphic novel developed by Miranda in Station Eleven. What characters serve as inspirations for the characters in the comic? What happens to Miranda’s comics and how do they play a role in the plot of Station Eleven?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)