|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arthur serve to Miranda when she visits his dressing room in Section 6, Chapter 39?
2. About how many people from the original day their flights had been grounded remain at the Severn City Airport by the end of the Second Decade?
3. Why does Arthur call Miranda at her New York office in August in Section 6, Chapter 39?
4. In what discarded newspaper does Clark read Arthur's obituary at the airport in Section 7, Chapter 42?
5. What was Clark's museum prior to the pandemic that ended civilization in Station Eleven?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Kirsten’s brother described in the narrative? How did Kirsten lose her brother?
2. What information does Kirsten gain from her encounter with the archer and Sayid in Section 8, Chapter 48?
3. What is foreshadowed regarding Tyler in Section 7, Chapter 44?
4. How does Miranda respond to the news of Victoria’s book in Section 6, Chapter 39?
5. What is significant about the tea set that is described in Section 8, Chapter 51?
6. What setting is established in Section 7, Chapter 47? What characters are introduced in this chapter?
7. How is Frank’s death described in the narrative?
8. What is revealed regarding Kirsten’s tattoos in Section 8, Chapter 50?
9. Discuss Jeevan’s relationships. How does Jeevan relate to the other characters in the novel?
10. What setting is established in the beginning of Section 5? During what time period is Section 5, Chapter 27 set?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the recurring quote “Survival is insufficient” in Station Eleven. From what television show is the quote derived? Why is this significant? What irony surrounds this phrase in the novel? What does the quote mean to you?
Essay Topic 2
During their journey, August talks to Kirsten about the multi-verse theory, or M-Theory. What does M-Theory entail? Who hypothesized the theory? How does the multi-verse theory apply to the narrative of Station Eleven?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Kirsten’s relationships with August, Dieter, and Sayid. How would you define each relationship? How do you think being in a band of traveling actors and musicians would influence relationships? Why?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)