|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days after becoming separated from the Traveling Symphony do Kirsten and August reach Severn City in Section 8, Chapter 48?
2. Where does Clark take Kirsten in Section 8, Chapter 51?
3. What song does Jeevan keep singing in Section 5, Chapter 30?
4. What is the name of Kirsten's brother whom she describes in the intervew with Diallo?
5. What is the title of Section 6 of Station Eleven?
Short Essay Questions
1. What setting is established in Section 8, Chapter 48? What is the timeline of this chapter?
2. What information does Kirsten gain from her encounter with the archer and Sayid in Section 8, Chapter 48?
3. What is revealed regarding Kirsten’s tattoos in Section 8, Chapter 50?
4. What do you think is symbolized by the displays at the Museum of Civilization?
5. What sacrifice does Frank make for Jeevan in Section 5, Chapter 32?
6. How is Miranda’s death described in Section 6, Chapter 41?
7. What setting is established in Section 7, Chapter 43? When does this chapter take place?
8. What does Clark reveal to Kirsten in the end of Section 8, Chapter 51? What is significant about this revelation?
9. What setting is established in Section 7, Chapter 42? During what time period does this chapter take place?
10. What is revealed in the interview between Diallo and Kirsten in Section 7, Chapter 45?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the amenities and necessities that are lost following the Georgia Flu pandemic. How is everyday life affected for the survivors? How many survivors are left after the pandemic? How has the pandemic changed civilization?
Essay Topic 2
During their journey, August talks to Kirsten about the multi-verse theory, or M-Theory. What does M-Theory entail? Who hypothesized the theory? How does the multi-verse theory apply to the narrative of Station Eleven?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the nonlinear plot structure of Station Eleven. Why do you think the author has chosen to relate the events of the story in this manner? How does the nonlinear structure affect the plot development? How is foreshadowing used in order to develop tension?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)