|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the image from Dr. Eleven, Vol. 1 that Kirsten finds in the prophet's belongings, who is Dr. Eleven's mentor and friend?
2. How many years has it been since Miranda and Arthur were divorced when she visits his dressing room in Section 6, Chapter 39?
3. Who does Jeevan marry in Year Ten after the pandemic?
4. How many people are living in the Severn City Airport when Kirsten arrives in Section 8, Chapter 51?
5. Who shoots the prophet in Section 8, Chapter 50?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Kirsten’s brother described in the narrative? How did Kirsten lose her brother?
2. What do you think is symbolized by the displays at the Museum of Civilization?
3. What setting is established in Section 7, Chapter 47? What characters are introduced in this chapter?
4. How is Frank’s death described in the narrative?
5. What is the setting for Section 6, Chapter 39? When in the timeline of events does this chapter occur?
6. How does Miranda respond to the news of Victoria’s book in Section 6, Chapter 39?
7. What is significant about the tea set that is described in Section 8, Chapter 51?
8. What is revealed of Sidney’s writing in Section 8, Chapter 49?
9. What setting is established in Section 7, Chapter 42? During what time period does this chapter take place?
10. What is foreshadowed regarding Tyler in Section 7, Chapter 44?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kirsten remarks in her interview with Diallo that cult settlements are more dangerous than settlements where lawlessness reigns. Why does she feel this way? What cults are exposed in the narrative and how did they originate? Why do you think they are so prevalent?
Essay Topic 2
When Kirsten inquires about Charlie in St. Deborah by the Water, she is led to a plot of graves. What do the graves represent? What do they foreshadow? How does Kirsten respond when she is led to the graves?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss Kirsten’s interview with Diallo in Station Eleven. During what time period does the interview take place? Why is Kirsten being interviewed? How does the interview with Diallo serve the plot of the novel?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)