|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what news agency was Frank working when he became paralyzed?
2. How old does Arthur say his son just turned during Miranda's visit to his dressing room in Section 6, Chapter 39?
3. What animal is killed and brought back to the airport by the TSA agent and a former park ranger in Section 7, Chapter 43?
4. Who is the lone TSA agent that remains at the airport by Day Eight in Section 7, Chapter 43?
5. What does August remark that Finn's scar looked like in Section 6, Chapter 38?
Short Essay Questions
1. What setting is established in Section 8, Chapter 48? What is the timeline of this chapter?
2. What is the setting for Section 6, Chapter 39? When in the timeline of events does this chapter occur?
3. What setting is established in the beginning of Section 5? During what time period is Section 5, Chapter 27 set?
4. What information does Kirsten gain from her encounter with the archer and Sayid in Section 8, Chapter 48?
5. What setting is established in Section 6, Chapter 40? During what time frame does this chapter take place?
6. What is revealed regarding Kirsten’s tattoos in Section 8, Chapter 50?
7. What theory does August discuss in Section 6, Chapter 38? Why is this significant?
8. What is revealed in the interview between Diallo and Kirsten in Section 7, Chapter 45?
9. What is significant about the tea set that is described in Section 8, Chapter 51?
10. What setting is established in Section 7, Chapter 42? During what time period does this chapter take place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Kirsten’s relationships with August, Dieter, and Sayid. How would you define each relationship? How do you think being in a band of traveling actors and musicians would influence relationships? Why?
Essay Topic 2
During their journey, August talks to Kirsten about the multi-verse theory, or M-Theory. What does M-Theory entail? Who hypothesized the theory? How does the multi-verse theory apply to the narrative of Station Eleven?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the recurring motif of airplanes in Station Eleven. What is the significance of airplanes, air travel, and airports? Who has a scar that resembles and airplane and what do you think this foretells? Why?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)