|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jeevan marry in Year Ten after the pandemic?
2. What was Clark's museum prior to the pandemic that ended civilization in Station Eleven?
3. Who shoots the prophet in Section 8, Chapter 50?
4. What animal is killed and brought back to the airport by the TSA agent and a former park ranger in Section 7, Chapter 43?
5. For whom does Arthur say he is leaving his wife in Section 5, Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about Jeevan’s promise to Arthur regarding the exclusive in Section 5, Chapter 27?
2. What setting is established in the beginning of Section 5? During what time period is Section 5, Chapter 27 set?
3. How is Frank’s death described in the narrative?
4. What is revealed in the interview between Diallo and Kirsten in Section 7, Chapter 45?
5. Discuss Jeevan’s relationships. How does Jeevan relate to the other characters in the novel?
6. What setting is established in Section 7, Chapter 43? When does this chapter take place?
7. What is revealed regarding Kirsten’s tattoos in Section 8, Chapter 50?
8. How is Kirsten’s brother described in the narrative? How did Kirsten lose her brother?
9. What setting is established in Section 7, Chapter 42? During what time period does this chapter take place?
10. What information does Kirsten gain from her encounter with the archer and Sayid in Section 8, Chapter 48?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss Kirsten’s interview with Diallo in Station Eleven. During what time period does the interview take place? Why is Kirsten being interviewed? How does the interview with Diallo serve the plot of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
The two Shakespearean works that are performed by the Traveling Symphony in the narrative are King Lear and A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Discuss the plot, characters, settings, and themes of these two works and how they relate to the themes in Station Eleven. Why is Shakespeare the most popular choice for audiences in a post-apocalyptic world? How do Lear and A Midsummer Night’s Dream differ?
Essay Topic 3
There are several items that Kirsten carries with her in her backpack. Describe these items and their significance to Kirsten and to the plot of the novel. Where did Kirsten obtain the objects? What revelations regarding the objects arise in the course of the novel?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)