|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Clark's boyfriend of three months in Section 7, Chapter 42?
2. Why does Arthur call Miranda at her New York office in August in Section 6, Chapter 39?
3. What does August find for him and Kirsten to eat in Section 6, Chapter 38?
4. By what nickname does Arthur call Kirsten when she visits his dressing room in Section 6, Chapter 39?
5. How old is Clark Thompson when the flu pandemic destroys earth as we know it in Station Eleven?
Short Essay Questions
1. What setting is established in Section 7, Chapter 47? What characters are introduced in this chapter?
2. What setting is established in Section 7, Chapter 43? When does this chapter take place?
3. What is revealed of Sidney’s writing in Section 8, Chapter 49?
4. What is revealed regarding Kirsten’s tattoos in Section 8, Chapter 50?
5. What is the setting for Section 6, Chapter 39? When in the timeline of events does this chapter occur?
6. What is significant about the tea set that is described in Section 8, Chapter 51?
7. What is revealed in the interview between Diallo and Kirsten in Section 7, Chapter 45?
8. How is Kirsten’s brother described in the narrative? How did Kirsten lose her brother?
9. How is Frank’s death described in the narrative?
10. How is Miranda’s death described in Section 6, Chapter 41?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the setting of St. Deborah by the Water. How many inhabitants live in this settlement? How is the settlement structured? Who is in charge? How are rules enforced? Who has left the settlement, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Kirsten remarks in her interview with Diallo that cult settlements are more dangerous than settlements where lawlessness reigns. Why does she feel this way? What cults are exposed in the narrative and how did they originate? Why do you think they are so prevalent?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Dr. Eleven comics/graphic novel developed by Miranda in Station Eleven. What characters serve as inspirations for the characters in the comic? What happens to Miranda’s comics and how do they play a role in the plot of Station Eleven?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)