|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What act of King Lear is being performed when Arthur collapses in Section 1, Chapter 1?
2. How old is Alexandra described as in Section 2, Chapter 7?
3. What wedding anniversary do Arthur and Miranda celebrate in the beginning of Section 3, Chapter 15?
4. What is the name of the prophet's dog in St. Deborah by the Water?
5. To whom are the letters addressed that comprise Section 4, Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is being interviewed in Section 3, Chapter 16? Why is this character being interviewed?
2. How would you describe Miranda when her character is introduced in Section 3, Chapter 14? What is Miranda’s relationship to Arthur?
3. What are Sayid and Dieter doing when they disappear in Section 4? What do you think their disappearance signifies?
4. How would you compare the characters of Kirsten and the prophet in the novel?
5. How is Pablo described in Section 3, Chapter 14? Why does Pablo feel insecure?
6. Why does the Traveling Symphony decide to perform A Midsummer Night’s Dream in Section 2, Chapter 9?
7. What is significant about the Traveling Symphony’s search for Charlie in Section 2, Chapter 10?
8. What symbolism and allusion is seen in Section 1, Chapter 1?
9. What are the prophet’s objectives, as illustrated in Section 2, Chapter 12?
10. What tattoos does Kirsten have? What is revealed regarding her tattoos in Section 4, Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the amenities and necessities that are lost following the Georgia Flu pandemic. How is everyday life affected for the survivors? How many survivors are left after the pandemic? How has the pandemic changed civilization?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the recurring motif of airplanes in Station Eleven. What is the significance of airplanes, air travel, and airports? Who has a scar that resembles and airplane and what do you think this foretells? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the nonlinear plot structure of Station Eleven. Why do you think the author has chosen to relate the events of the story in this manner? How does the nonlinear structure affect the plot development? How is foreshadowing used in order to develop tension?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)