|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Miranda's artist boyfriend in Section 3, Chapter 14?
2. Who is Jackson's scouting partner that disappears in Section 4, Chapter 23?
3. Where did Arthur Leander attend college?
4. What is the destination of the Traveling Symphony in Section 2, Chapter 7?
5. How is the caravan for the Traveling Symphony relocated from place to place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tattoos does Kirsten have? What is revealed regarding her tattoos in Section 4, Chapter 19?
2. What is significant about the Traveling Symphony’s search for Charlie in Section 2, Chapter 10?
3. How does Jeevan respond to Hua’s information in Section 1, Chapter 3?
4. What symbolism and allusion is seen in Section 1, Chapter 1?
5. What transition is Jeevan going through when his character is introduced in Section 1, Chapter 1?
6. What are Sayid and Dieter doing when they disappear in Section 4? What do you think their disappearance signifies?
7. Where is Arthur in his career and life in Section 3, Chapter 13?
8. What is the significance of the allusions to King Lear in Section 2, Chapter 7?
9. What is significant about Miranda and Clark’s conversation outside the party in Section 3, Chapter 15?
10. What are the prophet’s objectives, as illustrated in Section 2, Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the amenities and necessities that are lost following the Georgia Flu pandemic. How is everyday life affected for the survivors? How many survivors are left after the pandemic? How has the pandemic changed civilization?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the nonlinear plot structure of Station Eleven. Why do you think the author has chosen to relate the events of the story in this manner? How does the nonlinear structure affect the plot development? How is foreshadowing used in order to develop tension?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss Kirsten’s interview with Diallo in Station Eleven. During what time period does the interview take place? Why is Kirsten being interviewed? How does the interview with Diallo serve the plot of the novel?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)