|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school does Kirsten say Matilda attends in Section 6, Chapter 39?
(a) The National Ballet School.
(b) Harvard University.
(d) The Juliard School.
2. What song does Jeevan keep singing in Section 5, Chapter 30?
(a) "It's the End of the World as We Know It (and I feel fine)."
(c) "Dance with Destiny."
(d) "The Octopus's Garden."
3. For whom does Arthur say he is leaving his wife in Section 5, Chapter 27?
(a) Lydia Marks.
(b) Miranda Carroll.
(c) Clark Thompson.
(d) Elizabeth Colton.
4. How many days after the pandemic does a rape occur at the airport in Section 7, Chapter 43?
(a) Day Eighty-Five.
(b) Day Seven.
(c) Day Seventy-One.
(d) Day Ninety-Two.
5. How much time does Arthur make Jeevan promise to give him before his "secret" is publicized in Section 5, Chapter 27?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 24 hours.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 1 week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does August remark that Finn's scar looked like in Section 6, Chapter 38?
2. What day is it when Jeevan asks Frank to read to him in Section 5, Chapter 34?
3. Why does Arthur call Miranda at her New York office in August in Section 6, Chapter 39?
4. Who is on the same flight as Clark in the end of Section 6, Chapter 40?
5. About how many people from the original day their flights had been grounded remain at the Severn City Airport by the end of the Second Decade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed of Sidney’s writing in Section 8, Chapter 49?
2. What setting is established in Section 8, Chapter 48? What is the timeline of this chapter?
3. What theory does August discuss in Section 6, Chapter 38? Why is this significant?
4. What is significant about Jeevan’s promise to Arthur regarding the exclusive in Section 5, Chapter 27?
5. What does August perceive regarding Finn’s scar in Section 6, Chapter 38? What does this foreshadow?
6. Discuss Jeevan’s relationships. How does Jeevan relate to the other characters in the novel?
7. What information does Kirsten gain from her encounter with the archer and Sayid in Section 8, Chapter 48?
8. What does Clark reveal to Kirsten in the end of Section 8, Chapter 51? What is significant about this revelation?
9. What is the setting for Section 6, Chapter 39? When in the timeline of events does this chapter occur?
10. How is Miranda’s death described in Section 6, Chapter 41?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)