|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it two weeks prior to the pandemic in Section 6, Chapter 39?
2. Who argues with the clarinet player over Shakespeare versus contemporary plays in Section 8, Chapter 49?
3. What does the prophet declare "this world" is in Section 8, Chapter 50?
(a) "An ocean of darkness."
(b) "A mirror of evil."
(c) "A promiseland awaiting."
(d) "A shadow of the past."
4. How many days after becoming separated from the Traveling Symphony do Kirsten and August reach Severn City in Section 8, Chapter 48?
(a) 7 days later.
(b) 3 days later.
(c) 4 days later.
(d) 6 days later.
5. What is the name of Jeevan's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Sayid visited family two months before the pandemic, according to the narrator in Section 8, Chapter 51?
2. How many people remain at the Severn City Airport by the end of Year Fifteen, according to the narrator in Section 7, Chapter 44?
3. Who does Jeevan marry in Year Ten after the pandemic?
4. For whom does Arthur say he is leaving his wife in Section 5, Chapter 27?
5. Where was Frank when he became paralyzed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed in the interview between Diallo and Kirsten in Section 7, Chapter 45?
2. What setting is established in the beginning of Section 5? During what time period is Section 5, Chapter 27 set?
3. What information does Kirsten gain from her encounter with the archer and Sayid in Section 8, Chapter 48?
4. What do you think is symbolized by the displays at the Museum of Civilization?
5. What is the setting for Section 6, Chapter 39? When in the timeline of events does this chapter occur?
6. What setting is established in Section 7, Chapter 47? What characters are introduced in this chapter?
7. What is significant about Jeevan’s promise to Arthur regarding the exclusive in Section 5, Chapter 27?
8. What sacrifice does Frank make for Jeevan in Section 5, Chapter 32?
9. What setting is established in Section 7, Chapter 43? When does this chapter take place?
10. Discuss Jeevan’s relationships. How does Jeevan relate to the other characters in the novel?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)