|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Kirsten when Arthur Leander dies onstage?
2. Francois Diallo is described in Section 3, Chapter 16 as the librarian of what town?
(a) New Petoskey.
(b) Long Rapids.
(c) Severn City.
(d) Traverse City.
3. How old is Olivia described as in Section 2, Chapter 7?
4. What instrument does August play?
(c) Bass guitar.
5. What park does Jeevan go to wander around in after Arthur's collapse at the theatre in Section 1, Chapter 3?
(a) Allan Gardens.
(b) Golden Gate Park.
(c) Prospect Park.
(d) Central Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Arthur Leander when he lands a leading role in a film about a botched bank robbery that is shooting in Toronto in Section 3, Chapter 13?
2. How many knives does Kirsten have tattooed on the back of her right wrist, according to the narrator in Section 4, Chapter 19?
3. Where did Arthur Leander attend college?
4. Where does the stowaway say Charlie and Jeremy went when they left St. Deborah by the Water in Section 4, Chapter 19?
5. What television show did Arthur Leander land a gig on that led to him being signed by an agent, according to the narrator in Section 3, Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Sayid and Dieter doing when they disappear in Section 4? What do you think their disappearance signifies?
2. How is Arthur’s death related to the Georgia Flu pandemic in the novel?
3. What tattoos does Kirsten have? What is revealed regarding her tattoos in Section 4, Chapter 19?
4. How is Jeevan’s narrative impacted by the outbreak of the Georgia Flu? What might Jeevan have become if the pandemic had not occurred?
5. What setting is established in the opening of Section 3, Chapter 17? In what time period does this chapter take place?
6. What is significant about Miranda and Clark’s conversation outside the party in Section 3, Chapter 15?
7. What is the significance of the allusions to King Lear in Section 2, Chapter 7?
8. How does Jeevan respond to Hua’s information in Section 1, Chapter 3?
9. What are the prophet’s objectives, as illustrated in Section 2, Chapter 12?
10. How is the theme of performance illustrated in Section 3, Chapter 18?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)