|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Kirsten when she had the phrase "Survival is insufficient" tattooed on her arm?
2. How old is Arthur Leander when he lands a leading role in a film about a botched bank robbery that is shooting in Toronto in Section 3, Chapter 13?
3. Who is the cardiologist that assists Jeevan with Arthur after he has collapsed onstage in Section 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Kirsten Raymonde.
(b) Clark Thompson.
(c) Walter Jacobi.
(d) Frank Chaudhary.
4. For how long does the conductor of the Traveling Symphony say that Sayid has been on the road with her in Section 4, Chapter 23?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
5. What wedding anniversary do Arthur and Miranda celebrate in the beginning of Section 3, Chapter 15?
(a) Their third wedding anniversary.
(b) Their second wedding anniversary.
(c) Their first wedding anniversary.
(d) Their tenth wedding anniversary.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Kirsten when Arthur Leander dies onstage?
2. On what floor does Frank live in Section 1, Chapter 3?
3. Who is Miranda's boss at the shipping company in Section 3, Chapter 14?
4. How many wives does the stowaway say the prophet in St. Deborah by the Water currently has in Section 4, Chapter 19?
5. How old is Miranda when she and Arthur first meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the setting transitioned in Section 2, Chapter 7? What changes have taken place in this setting?
2. How would you compare the characters of Kirsten and the prophet in the novel?
3. What is significant about the Dr. Eleven comics in Section 2, Chapter 8?
4. What setting is established in the opening of Section 3, Chapter 17? In what time period does this chapter take place?
5. What is significant about the Traveling Symphony’s search for Charlie in Section 2, Chapter 10?
6. How does the narrative style in Section 1, Chapters 4 through 6 transition from the previous chapters?
7. What is foreshadowed at the end of Section 1, Chapter 2?
8. What is significant about Miranda and Clark’s conversation outside the party in Section 3, Chapter 15?
9. What does the midwife represent symbolically in Section 2, Chapter 10?
10. What symbolism and allusion is seen in Section 1, Chapter 1?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)