|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much later does the narrator say the bartender at the theatre dies in the end of Section 1, Chapter 2?
(a) 3 weeks later.
(b) 2 weeks later.
(c) 3 days later.
(d) 2 months later.
2. How old is Arthur Leander when he dies?
3. What does Dieter describe seeing in his dreams last night in Section 4, Chapter 22?
(a) A train.
(b) A river.
(c) A mountain.
(d) An airplane.
4. Who is the cardiologist that assists Jeevan with Arthur after he has collapsed onstage in Section 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Walter Jacobi.
(b) Clark Thompson.
(c) Kirsten Raymonde.
(d) Frank Chaudhary.
5. Francois Diallo is described in Section 3, Chapter 16 as the librarian of what town?
(a) Traverse City.
(b) Long Rapids.
(c) Severn City.
(d) New Petoskey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeevan's girlfriend ask him to pick up on his way home from the theatre in Section 1, Chapter 1?
2. What is Arthur Leander's hometown?
3. What profession did Charlie want to have when she was a child?
4. What instrument does August play?
5. How long ago had the Traveling Symphony left Charlie behind in St. Deborah by the Water, according to the narrator in Section 2, Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think Eleanor’s character symbolizes in the novel?
2. What tattoos does Kirsten have? What is revealed regarding her tattoos in Section 4, Chapter 19?
3. What are Sayid and Dieter doing when they disappear in Section 4? What do you think their disappearance signifies?
4. How is Jeevan’s narrative impacted by the outbreak of the Georgia Flu? What might Jeevan have become if the pandemic had not occurred?
5. What symbolism and allusion is seen in Section 1, Chapter 1?
6. What is significant about Miranda and Clark’s conversation outside the party in Section 3, Chapter 15?
7. How does Kirsten perceive Alexandra? Why is this significant?
8. Where is Arthur in his career and life in Section 3, Chapter 13?
9. How does the narrative style in Section 1, Chapters 4 through 6 transition from the previous chapters?
10. How would you compare the characters of Elizabeth and Miranda in the novel?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)