|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wedding anniversary do Arthur and Miranda celebrate in the beginning of Section 3, Chapter 15?
(a) Their first wedding anniversary.
(b) Their second wedding anniversary.
(c) Their tenth wedding anniversary.
(d) Their third wedding anniversary.
2. From what source is the quote "Survival is insufficient" lifted, according to Dieter in Section 4, Chapter 19?
(a) "Star Trek."
(b) "King Lear."
(c) "To Have and Have Not."
(d) "A Midsummer Night's Dream."
3. For how long does the conductor of the Traveling Symphony say that Sayid has been on the road with her in Section 4, Chapter 23?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 10 years.
4. How old is Arthur Leander when he dies?
5. What instrument does Charlie play with the Traveling Symphony?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Arthur Leander's son?
2. Who is Olivia's mother in the narrative?
3. Who calls Arthur's ex-wives to inform them of his death in Section 1, Chapter 5?
4. What does Dieter describe seeing in his dreams last night in Section 4, Chapter 22?
5. What town has the Traveling Symphony recently left in Section 2, Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would you compare the characters of Kirsten and the prophet in the novel?
2. What setting is established in Section 1, Chapter 2? What is the timeline of this chapter?
3. What is significant about the Dr. Eleven comics in Section 2, Chapter 8?
4. How does Jeevan respond to Hua’s information in Section 1, Chapter 3?
5. How is the theme of performance illustrated in Section 3, Chapter 18?
6. What does the midwife represent symbolically in Section 2, Chapter 10?
7. What are the prophet’s objectives, as illustrated in Section 2, Chapter 12?
8. How is Arthur’s death related to the Georgia Flu pandemic in the novel?
9. What is significant about the Traveling Symphony’s search for Charlie in Section 2, Chapter 10?
10. What tattoos does Kirsten have? What is revealed regarding her tattoos in Section 4, Chapter 19?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)