Section 1, Chapters 1-6
• Chapter 1 opens at a staging of King Lear in Toronto, where Arthur, an older film actor, collapses during Act IV of the performance, and Jeevan, a paramedic in training, sees the actor in distress and rushes the stage.
• Jeevan is joined by Dr. Jacoby, a cardiologist; soon after the paramedics arrive on scene, they call time of death for Arthur.
• Before leaving the theater, Jeevan helps Kirsten, a child actress, find her guardian.
• Chapter 2 finds the few people remaining in the Elgin Theater after Arthur dies.
• The producer and actors all go their separate ways and it is revealed that the bartender will survive the longest, only to die three weeks later, leaving the city.
• Chapter 3 begins with Jeevan continuing his walk through the park and deciding he should call his brother Frank and tell him about his career revelation.
• Jeevan gets a phone call...
This section contains 3,093 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)