|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tribe doing in the morning when Marina awakes?
(a) They are preparing for a hunt.
(b) They are hard at work.
(c) They are still sleeping.
(d) They are planting.
2. What is one thing Marina does on her time off?
(a) Writes up Dr. Swenson's notes.
(b) Talks with the Lakashi women.
(c) Works on statistics for the drug project.
(d) Swims in the river.
3. How old does Dr. Swenson think Easter is?
4. What are the scientists unable to do?
(a) Analyze the compound of the poisonous ground.
(b) Produce the compound that the fertility trees make.
(c) Convince the Lakashi to let more scientists study the trees.
(d) Analyze the compound of the mushrooms.
5. What did Dr. Rapp allow on his expeditions that many other researchers did not?
(a) Married couples.
(c) The Press.
(d) The financiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is Fox pleased?
2. What does Swenson almost do on the trail?
3. What is Nkomo studying?
4. Why is Dr. Swenson angry with Barbara?
5. What do Marina and Swenson discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marina save Easter's life?
2. Who does Marina meet at the docks the next morning and where does he take her?
3. Who does Marina write' how is the letter to be posted, and what letters does Easter keep giving her?
4. What does Swenson do immediately upon arriving and who helps Marina?
5. What does Marina find in her quarters?
6. What is Swenson's philosophy about intervention in the lives of the tribes?
7. How does Marina feels as the boat pulls up to the dock where the Lakashi are and how do they greet the arrivals?
8. What does Marina observe when she accompanies Dr. Buni and Nancy to the fertility trees?
9. How does Swenson say Dr. Rapp would react to a ill or injured tribal member?
10. What happens during the siesta that makes Swenson dump Marina on the deck?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)