|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stories does Alan Saturn tell Marina?
(a) About his boyhood as son of a missionary couple deep in the jungle.
(b) About Anders.
(c) About Dr. Rapp.
(d) About Easter.
2. What do some of the women do with Marina?
(a) Dress her in Lakashi dress.
(b) Show her how to protect herself from bugs.
(c) Feed her breakfast.
(d) Take her to the chief's wife.
3. Why does Marina go back to the boat?
(a) To get her suitcase.
(b) To see if her mosquito netting is still there.
(c) To find Dr. Swenson.
(d) To thank the pilot.
4. Why does Marina go daily to the Martins?
(a) To study the purple moths.
(b) To collect samples.
(c) To gather some bark for Dr. Swenson.
(d) To eat the bark.
5. What does Dr. Swenson do as far as ill tribal members?
(a) Refer them to a doctor in another village.
(b) Refer them to a hospital upstream.
(c) Treat them.
(d) Leave them to find their own ways of healing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marina find Anders' passport and driver's license?
2. How old does Dr. Swenson think Easter is?
3. What is Nkomo studying?
4. What does Marina notice on many of the crates on the boat?
5. Why is Dr. Swenson angry with Barbara?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are on the boat going to the trading post?
2. What happens during the siesta that makes Swenson dump Marina on the deck?
3. Who does Marina meet at the docks the next morning and where does he take her?
4. How does Swenson say Dr. Rapp would react to a ill or injured tribal member?
5. What does Swenson do immediately upon arriving and who helps Marina?
6. What does Marina learn about the Martins and Rapps?
7. How does Marina realize Swenson is nearly seventy?
8. Who does Marina write' how is the letter to be posted, and what letters does Easter keep giving her?
9. How does Marina save Easter's life?
10. What is said about Dr. Rapp during the boat trip?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)