|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the purple moths called martinets do?
(a) Pass on a rare disease to humans.
(b) Eat the hallucinogenic mushrooms.
(c) Lay its eggs in the bark of the Martins trees.
(d) Suck juice from the bark of the Martins trees.
2. How are there a high number of visible trunks on the fertility trees?
(a) The trunks split off into four trunks at a young age.
(b) The root system replicates itself.
(c) The trunks grow from branches that bend over and root onto the ground.
(d) They do not know how the trees replicate.
3. What does Dr. Swenson do as far as ill tribal members?
(a) Leave them to find their own ways of healing.
(b) Refer them to a doctor in another village.
(c) Refer them to a hospital upstream.
(d) Treat them.
4. Who is Dr. Thomas Nkomo?
(a) A sociology professor.
(b) A medical missionary.
(c) A anthropology professor.
(d) A researcher.
5. What does Benoit find in a vegetative area of the river?
(a) A caimen.
(b) A boa constrictor.
(c) A crocodile.
(d) An anaconda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marina go daily to the Martins?
2. What happens to Easter that almost kills him?
3. What has Marina been doing since her first foray into medical practice?
4. Who accompanies Marina to go see the trees that produce the fertility compound?
5. What does Saturn say Rapp taught the young men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Marina been doing since performing the C section, and what does she want to do?
2. Why does Marina perform surgery and how does it go?
3. Why is Dr. Nkomo in Brazil?
4. What does Marina learn about the Martins and Rapps?
5. Who does Marina meet at the docks the next morning and where does he take her?
6. What does Marina observe when she accompanies Dr. Buni and Nancy to the fertility trees?
7. What is Swenson's philosophy about intervention in the lives of the tribes?
8. Who does Marina write' how is the letter to be posted, and what letters does Easter keep giving her?
9. How does Marina realize Swenson is nearly seventy?
10. Who are on the boat going to the trading post?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)