|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakens Marina?
(a) A bat flying against the screen.
(b) A low moaning noise.
(c) Easter's screams.
(d) A growling noise.
2. What does Marina feel as the boat is making a landing?
(a) Hope that Anders is still alive.
3. What is one thing in Easter's small storage box?
(a) A leather belt.
(b) Several shells.
(c) A hat.
4. How are there a high number of visible trunks on the fertility trees?
(a) The root system replicates itself.
(b) They do not know how the trees replicate.
(c) The trunks grow from branches that bend over and root onto the ground.
(d) The trunks split off into four trunks at a young age.
5. Who drives the boat that carries Dr. Swenson?
(b) Dr. Swenson.
(c) A hired pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marina go back to the boat?
2. What does Dr. Swenson say is more the issue than morality?
3. What does Marina learn about the trees that produce the fertility compound?
4. What does the tribe do when it goes deep into the jungle?
5. What does Dr. Saturn announce?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the tribe do occasionally when they go into the deep jungle and what does Swenson say about it?
2. What does Marina observe when she accompanies Dr. Buni and Nancy to the fertility trees?
3. How does Marina save Easter's life?
4. How does Marina feels as the boat pulls up to the dock where the Lakashi are and how do they greet the arrivals?
5. What does Marina do in her spare time?
6. What does Easter do that upsets Marina and how does Swenson react?
7. Who are on the boat going to the trading post?
8. Why does Marina go into the jungle every day and what does she wonder about her doing so?
9. What has Marina been doing since performing the C section, and what does she want to do?
10. What happens during the siesta that makes Swenson dump Marina on the deck?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)