|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Swenson say is more the issue than morality?
(a) The greater good.
2. What has Easter been giving Marina?
(a) Seed pods.
(c) A variety of natural objects.
(d) Letters from Anders to Karen.
3. What does Benoit find in a vegetative area of the river?
(a) A boa constrictor.
(b) A caimen.
(c) An anaconda.
(d) A crocodile.
4. Who accompanies Marina to go see the trees that produce the fertility compound?
(a) Dr. Swenson.
(b) Dr. Saturn.
(c) Dr. Buni and Nancy.
5. Who chose the interns who accompanied Dr. Rapp?
(a) The Dean of Medicine at Dr. Rapp's university.
(c) They were chosen by lottery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Marina and Swenson discuss?
2. What wakens Marina?
3. Where does Easter sleep?
4. For what does Dr. Swenson say she has no love?
5. Why does Swenson want Marina to stay?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marina save Easter's life?
2. What does Marina do in her spare time?
3. What does Swenson do immediately upon arriving and who helps Marina?
4. What does Easter do that upsets Marina and how does Swenson react?
5. Why does Marina perform surgery and how does it go?
6. What does Marina observe when she accompanies Dr. Buni and Nancy to the fertility trees?
7. Why does Marina go into the jungle every day and what does she wonder about her doing so?
8. Who does Marina meet at the docks the next morning and where does he take her?
9. What does the tribe do occasionally when they go into the deep jungle and what does Swenson say about it?
10. How does Marina realize Swenson is nearly seventy?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)