|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the purple moths called martinets do?
(a) Lay its eggs in the bark of the Martins trees.
(b) Pass on a rare disease to humans.
(c) Suck juice from the bark of the Martins trees.
(d) Eat the hallucinogenic mushrooms.
2. What does Marina learn about the trees that produce the fertility compound?
(a) Each tree is hundreds of years old.
(b) It is actually only one tree.
(c) The trees only live in a small area of the jungle.
(d) Each tree has a root system spanning several hundred feet.
3. What else besides fertility do the trees affect?
(a) Protect against dengue fever.
(b) Cause growth spurts.
(c) Protect against most cancers.
(d) Protect against malaria.
4. Where does Easter take Marina?
(a) To a cot in a storage area.
(b) To show her where the bathrooms are.
(c) To meet the tribal chief's wife.
(d) To eat something in the communal kitchen.
5. How old does Marina realize Dr. Swenson is?
(a) Nearly 60.
(b) Nearly 80.
(c) Nearly 75.
(d) Nearly 70.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Swenson thank Marina?
2. What has Easter been giving Marina?
3. Where does Marina go with Alan and Nancy Saturn?
4. Why does Saturn stop traveling with Rapp?
5. Why is Dr. Swenson angry with Barbara?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marina learn about the Martins and Rapps?
2. How does Marina feels as the boat pulls up to the dock where the Lakashi are and how do they greet the arrivals?
3. What has Marina been doing since performing the C section, and what does she want to do?
4. Who does Marina meet at the docks the next morning and where does he take her?
5. How does Marina realize Swenson is nearly seventy?
6. What does Swenson do immediately upon arriving and who helps Marina?
7. What does Marina do in her spare time?
8. How does Swenson say Dr. Rapp would react to a ill or injured tribal member?
9. Why is Dr. Nkomo in Brazil?
10. Why does Marina go into the jungle every day and what does she wonder about her doing so?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)