|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marina feel in Manaus?
2. Where is Marina going with the Bovenders the following night after her illness?
(a) The symphony.
(b) The Opera.
(c) A native ceremony.
(d) The governor's house.
3. Why does Marina go to Rodrigo's store?
(a) To pick up supplies for the jungle.
(b) To inquire about Anders.
(c) To pay her bill there.
(d) To inquire about Dr. Swenson.
4. What happens to Marina in the following days?
(a) She becomes good friends with Barbara.
(b) She becomes ill with fever.
(c) She is in a fight with Jackie over the letters she takes.
(d) She becomes irritated with Dr. Swenson.
5. In what field does Marina partially complete a medical residency?
(a) Family Practice.
(b) Emergency Medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have the Bovenders admitted to Marina?
2. What do the Bovenders decide to do with Marina until Dr. Swenson can be reached?
3. Why does Dr. Swenson hit Jackie on the back of the head?
4. What does Marina learn to do with the local vendors?
5. What does Fox manipulate Marina into doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Bovenders and where does Marina encounter them?
2. Describe the conversation at the cafe between Marina and Dr. Swenson about Anders.
3. What do Marina and the Bovenders discuss concerning Anders Eckman?
4. Why does Marina go into the river and how does she feel about it?
5. Who is Anders Eckman and what does Marina just learn about him?
6. What does Marina feel about the river?
7. What do the Bovenders argue concerning Swenson and Vogel?
8. What does Marina think of Swenson's apartment and why does the doctor maintain it?
9. What does Milton say to Marina about the Bovenders?
10. Describe Marina's parents.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)