|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lariam?
(a) A rope used to keep crocodiles out of an area.
(b) A type of outer jacket worn by some Brazilian aboriginals.
(c) A small village in the jungles of Brazil.
(d) An anti-malarial drug.
2. How long has it been since Fox has heard from Dr. Swenson?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 14 months.
(d) 1 year.
3. What does Jackie ask about the opera players?
(a) Why a woman is playing the role of the lead man.
(b) Why anyone would want to listen to such music.
(c) Whether Marina went to the opera at home.
(d) If Marina has ever heard this opera.
4. Why does Milton take Marina to his brother-in-law's store?
(a) For her to purchase supplies.
(b) To talk to him about Anders.
(c) To look at a medical problem the man is having.
(d) To meet him.
5. What does Karen pressure Marina to do?
(a) Quit her job.
(b) Take care of her boys so Karen can go to Brazil.
(c) Pressure the company to bring Anders' body back.
(d) Go to Brazil to find answers to Anders' alleged death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hobby made Anders want to go to the jungle?
2. What does Milton say he and Marina are like?
3. How does Marina feel in the opera box after the discovery that Dr. Swenson is there?
4. How do the Bovenders talk about Dr. Swenson?
5. What does Marina throw away at the airport?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Karen say to Marina when Marina stops by to say goodbye?
2. Describe Marina's parents.
3. What does Marina feel about the river?
4. Who is Mr. Fox and how does he react to the news about Anders Eckman?
5. Who are the Bovenders and where does Marina encounter them?
6. How does Dr. Swenson react when she realizes Marina intends to come to the jungle with her?
7. What does Milton say to Marina about the Bovenders?
8. Give a synopsis of the conversation between Karen Eckman and Marina that night?
9. What does Marina do when Barbara show her Dr. Swenson's mailbox?
10. Why does Marina go into the river and how does she feel about it?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)