|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Swenson want Marina to stay?
(a) To give the researchers time to finish developing the malaria drug.
(b) To find the answer to the mystery of Anders' disappearance.
(c) To bury Dr. Swenson.
(d) To help the Lakashi fend off unwanted visitors.
2. What does Dr. Swenson do as far as ill tribal members?
(a) Refer them to a doctor in another village.
(b) Leave them to find their own ways of healing.
(c) Refer them to a hospital upstream.
(d) Treat them.
3. What stories does Alan Saturn tell Marina?
(a) About Easter.
(b) About Anders.
(c) About Dr. Rapp.
(d) About his boyhood as son of a missionary couple deep in the jungle.
4. Who is likely Hummocca?
(a) Dr. Swenson's field worker.
(b) Dr. Swenson's research assistant.
(c) Dr. Swenson's housekeeper.
5. What does the tribe do when it goes deep into the jungle?
(a) Takes warriors to guard the women.
(b) Slathers on some sort of salve that no insects will approach.
(c) Takes hallucinogenic mushrooms.
(d) Hunts for black leopards.
6. What does the note from Anders say that is in Easter's box?
(a) For someone to take Easter to his wife.
(b) That Anders wishes to be buried in the jungle.
(c) That Easter is the son of Dr. Swenson.
(d) That Easter's deafness can be fixed with an operation.
7. What has Easter been giving Marina?
(a) Letters from Anders to Karen.
(b) A variety of natural objects.
(c) Seed pods.
8. What do some of the women do with Marina?
(a) Show her how to protect herself from bugs.
(b) Take her to the chief's wife.
(c) Feed her breakfast.
(d) Dress her in Lakashi dress.
9. What does Dr. Swenson say is more the issue than morality?
(d) The greater good.
10. Who meets the boat?
(a) The entire Lakashi tribe.
(c) Easter's parents.
(d) The Lakashi shaman.
11. What does Marina notice on many of the crates on the boat?
(a) Anders' name.
(b) Another drug company's name.
(d) A skull and crossbone.
12. Who chose the interns who accompanied Dr. Rapp?
(a) The Dean of Medicine at Dr. Rapp's university.
(b) They were chosen by lottery.
13. What does Marina do as she eats the bark?
(a) Asks if Anders ate the bark.
(c) Hold her nose.
(d) Worries about its effect on her.
14. What does Marina think Swenson is implying when talking about Anders?
(a) That Marina does not care about the Lakashi.
(b) That Anders is alive.
(c) That Marina will not be able to live up to Anders' competency.
(d) That Marina will quit the jungle after a couple days.
15. Where does Easter take Marina?
(a) To eat something in the communal kitchen.
(b) To show her where the bathrooms are.
(c) To a cot in a storage area.
(d) To meet the tribal chief's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marina feel as the boat is making a landing?
2. Where does Easter sleep?
3. What does Dr. Swenson say Marina must do or Swenson will drop her on the shore?
4. Why does Marina perform under the supervision of Dr. Swenson?
5. What does Swenson advise Marina to stop doing?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)