|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what condition is Dr. Swenson suffering?
(c) Gestational diabetes.
2. What does Dr. Swenson do as far as ill tribal members?
(a) Refer them to a hospital upstream.
(b) Refer them to a doctor in another village.
(c) Treat them.
(d) Leave them to find their own ways of healing.
3. How does Swenson help Marina let go of Marina's past?
(a) By telling her the future can forgive the past.
(b) By telling Marina Dr. Swenson did the same thing once.
(c) She is not able to help Marina.
(d) By talking to her about her mistake with the baby she blinds.
4. What are two characteristics that Nancy points out about Dr. Rapp?
(a) Efficiency and insightful.
(b) Warmth and charm.
(c) Coldness and infidelity.
(d) Insightful and compassionate.
5. Who is Dr. Thomas Nkomo?
(a) A anthropology professor.
(b) A researcher.
(c) A medical missionary.
(d) A sociology professor.
6. What does Dr. Swenson often do when she is a member of Dr. Rapp's research group?
(a) Write papers for Dr. Rapp.
(b) Go out into the jungle to collect specimans.
(c) Write grants.
(d) Care for the sick and injured.
7. What does Dr. Swenson say Marina must do or Swenson will drop her on the shore?
(a) Toughen up.
(b) Listen to Swenson.
(c) Go back after one week.
(d) Agree to hear all sides of the research issue.
8. How are there a high number of visible trunks on the fertility trees?
(a) The trunks split off into four trunks at a young age.
(b) They do not know how the trees replicate.
(c) The root system replicates itself.
(d) The trunks grow from branches that bend over and root onto the ground.
9. How are the Lakashi characterized as far as study subjects?
10. Where does Marina go with Alan and Nancy Saturn?
(b) Into the deep jungle.
(c) The next village down river.
11. For what does Dr. Swenson say she has no love?
(a) Local medical practices.
(c) The white man's ways.
(d) Nosy researchers.
12. Why does Marina grab Fox tightly?
(a) He almost steps on a snake.
(b) He is despondent.
(c) To emphasize a point she is making.
(d) She is being silly.
13. Why is Dr. Swenson angry with Barbara?
(a) Barbara brings several tourists to the Lakashi tribe.
(b) Barbara brings Fox to the jungle.
(c) Barbara arrives and wants to eat some of the bark of the Martins.
(d) Barbara brings her infant son to the jungle.
14. What does Swenson almost do on the trail?
(b) Get lost.
(c) Step on a poisonous snake.
15. What do some of the women do with Marina?
(a) Dress her in Lakashi dress.
(b) Show her how to protect herself from bugs.
(c) Take her to the chief's wife.
(d) Feed her breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the crew of the boat greeted?
2. What does Marina do as she eats the bark?
3. Why does Marina go back to the boat?
4. What happens to Easter that almost kills him?
5. Why does Marina go daily to the Martins?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)