|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Marina left behind as Dr. Swenson and the others start to walk?
(a) She is told they have private things to discuss.
(b) She gets distracted by a street musician.
(c) She is waylaid by a former Volgel researcher.
(d) She cannot keep up in her heels.
2. In what field does Marina partially complete a medical residency?
(a) Family Practice.
(b) Emergency Medicine.
3. Who is involved with the Lakashi tribe?
(a) The Bovenders.
(b) Dr. Jones.
(c) Dr. Swenson.
4. What does Marina throw away at the airport?
(a) The picture of Fox.
(b) The poem Fox wrote her.
(c) Her birth control pills.
(d) The Lariam pills.
5. What does Swenson's report discuss?
(a) An herb some natives chew and they never get malaria.
(b) An herb that prevents yellow fever.
(c) Women who are able to have children until well in their 70s.
(d) A new strain of malaria that does not respond to drugs.
6. How is Dr. Swenson's apartment described?
(d) Sparsely furnished.
7. What does Milton say Barbara and Jackie show off?
(a) Their knowledge.
(b) Their beauty.
(c) Their ignorance.
(d) Their status.
8. How old is Fox?
(a) Almost 45.
(b) Over 60.
(c) Almost 35.
9. How long does Marina's marriage last?
(a) 6 years.
(b) About a year.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 2 months.
10. Who are the Bovenders?
(a) An elderly German couple.
(b) A young, Bohemian couple.
(c) A middle-aged English couple.
(d) An elderly Swiss couple.
11. Who is tall, tan and blond?
(a) Jackie Bovender.
(c) Dr. Swenson.
(d) Barbara Bovender.
12. Who is Anders Eckman?
(a) Marina Singh's fiance.
(b) Marina Singh's brother-in-law.
(c) Marina Singh's co-worker.
(d) Marina Singh's boss.
13. What is Lariam?
(a) A small village in the jungles of Brazil.
(b) An anti-malarial drug.
(c) A rope used to keep crocodiles out of an area.
(d) A type of outer jacket worn by some Brazilian aboriginals.
14. How do the Bovenders talk about Dr. Swenson?
(a) With fear.
(b) With casualness.
(c) With a condescending attitude.
(d) With awe.
15. According to the Bovenders, how does Dr. Swenson view her apartment?
(a) As a place open to any visitors.
(b) As a burdensome necessity.
(c) As an oasis away from the jungle.
(d) As a sanctuary from the meddling of Vogel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Marina's mother raised?
2. What does Mr. Fox regret?
3. What causes Marina to quit her residency program?
4. What does Marina realize about the Bovenders after Barbara calls her the night after their outing?
5. What does Swenson say Barbara told her about Marina?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)