|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Bovenders?
(a) An elderly German couple.
(b) An elderly Swiss couple.
(c) A middle-aged English couple.
(d) A young, Bohemian couple.
2. Why does Marina go to Rodrigo's store?
(a) To inquire about Dr. Swenson.
(b) To pick up supplies for the jungle.
(c) To pay her bill there.
(d) To inquire about Anders.
3. Where do Marina and Mr. Fox go?
(a) To the morgue.
(b) To talk to Karen Eckman.
(c) To the airport.
(d) To his home.
4. What does Karen say when she calls Marina at Marina's home?
(a) She thinks the company is lying.
(b) She does not think Anders is dead.
(c) She believes Anders' body should be brought back home.
(d) She is suing the company.
5. Who is Milton?
(a) Dr. Swenson's lover.
(b) The man who picks up Marina at the airport.
(c) A good friend of Anders.
(d) A representative from another drug company.
6. Why does Dr. Swenson hit Jackie on the back of the head?
(a) To signal him to be quiet.
(b) It is an accident.
(c) To let him know she is there.
(d) To ask him for his opera glasses.
7. How long passes before the Bovenders contact Marina?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
8. What does Milton say Barbara and Jackie show off?
(a) Their knowledge.
(b) Their beauty.
(c) Their status.
(d) Their ignorance.
9. Who is Anders Eckman?
(a) Marina Singh's co-worker.
(b) Marina Singh's boss.
(c) Marina Singh's brother-in-law.
(d) Marina Singh's fiance.
10. Who is tall, tan and blond?
(b) Jackie Bovender.
(c) Dr. Swenson.
(d) Barbara Bovender.
11. What have the Bovenders admitted to Marina?
(a) They are not allowed to tell Marina how to find Dr. Swenson.
(b) They have only meet Dr. Swenson once.
(c) They have received none of her correspondence.
(d) They are not allowed to tell Marina when Dr. Swenson will be back in town.
12. What does Dr. Rapp research in the Amazon basin?
13. What shakes up Barbara?
(a) Marina saying the drug company is pullilng Dr. Swenson's funding.
(b) Marina saying that Anders is missing in the jungle.
(c) Marina accusing her of collusion with Dr. Swenson.
(d) Marina mentioning that Anders is dead.
14. What does Marina leave with the lobby clerk?
(a) Money to hold her room for a week.
(b) A note for Milton.
(c) Barbara's things and a note.
(d) A few letters to post.
15. What does Marina do back at her hotel?
(b) Falls asleep without even undressing.
(c) Calls Fox.
(d) Decides to return home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Milton say the Bovenders feel towards Marina?
2. How does Marina feel in Manaus?
3. What does Milton say he and Marina are like?
4. What does Marina do when she gets home and Fox is there?
5. Who is Mr. Fox?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)