|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what field does Marina partially complete a medical residency?
(a) Emergency Medicine.
(c) Family Practice.
2. What does Milton say Barbara and Jackie show off?
(a) Their status.
(b) Their beauty.
(c) Their ignorance.
(d) Their knowledge.
3. What happens to Marina in the following days?
(a) She becomes good friends with Barbara.
(b) She becomes ill with fever.
(c) She is in a fight with Jackie over the letters she takes.
(d) She becomes irritated with Dr. Swenson.
4. What does Marina think of the opera house?
(a) It is smelly.
(b) It is beautiful.
(c) It is ugly.
(d) It has poor acoutics.
5. Where is Marina going with the Bovenders the following night after her illness?
(a) The Opera.
(b) A native ceremony.
(c) The governor's house.
(d) The symphony.
6. How long passes before the Bovenders contact Marina?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 1 week.
7. How long does Marina's marriage last?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 2 months.
(d) About a year.
8. What does Marina do back at her hotel?
(a) Decides to return home.
(b) Falls asleep without even undressing.
(d) Calls Fox.
9. Why does Milton take Marina to his brother-in-law's store?
(a) To talk to him about Anders.
(b) For her to purchase supplies.
(c) To look at a medical problem the man is having.
(d) To meet him.
10. How does Marina feel in Manaus?
11. What has Marina shared with Anders Eckman for the past seven years?
(a) A love of dog training.
(b) An office.
(c) A condo by the sea.
(d) A love of photography.
12. Where is Marina's father raised?
13. Where do Marina and Mr. Fox go?
(a) To the morgue.
(b) To his home.
(c) To the airport.
(d) To talk to Karen Eckman.
14. Who is Mr. Fox?
(a) Marina's brother.
(b) Anders' father-in-law.
(c) Marina's lover.
(d) Anders' brother-in-law.
15. Who are the Bovenders?
(a) A young, Bohemian couple.
(b) A middle-aged English couple.
(c) An elderly German couple.
(d) An elderly Swiss couple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fox give Marina on the way to the airport?
2. Where do Jackie, Barbara, Milton, and Marina go?
3. How many children does Anders have?
4. What does Marina do at Dr. Swenson's apartment that the Bovenders refrain from doing?
5. When does Dr. Rapp study in the Amazon basin?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)