|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marina do at Dr. Swenson's apartment that the Bovenders refrain from doing?
(a) Going through Dr. Swenson's mail.
(b) Taking a book from the library to read.
(d) Reading a visitor log.
2. Where does Marina go before leaving the States?
(a) To visit her mother in Wisconsin.
(b) To visit her sister in Austin.
(c) To have one last night with her brother in Dallas.
(d) Karen's home.
3. How does Marina feel in Manaus?
4. What does Marina do when she gets home and Fox is there?
(a) Refuses to speak to him.
(c) Asks him to send someone else.
(d) Yells at him.
5. Why is Marina left behind as Dr. Swenson and the others start to walk?
(a) She cannot keep up in her heels.
(b) She gets distracted by a street musician.
(c) She is waylaid by a former Volgel researcher.
(d) She is told they have private things to discuss.
6. Who/What do the Bovenders say has no right to interfere with Dr. Swenson's work?
7. Why does Marina go to Rodrigo's store?
(a) To pick up supplies for the jungle.
(b) To pay her bill there.
(c) To inquire about Dr. Swenson.
(d) To inquire about Anders.
8. What does Karen say when she calls Marina at Marina's home?
(a) She believes Anders' body should be brought back home.
(b) She does not think Anders is dead.
(c) She is suing the company.
(d) She thinks the company is lying.
9. What does Fox expect Marina to do?
(a) Make some inquires around town.
(b) Follow Swenson to the jungle.
(c) Stay in town a little longer.
(d) Come home.
10. Who was with Anders when he died?
11. Where do Marina and Mr. Fox go?
(a) To the airport.
(b) To the morgue.
(c) To his home.
(d) To talk to Karen Eckman.
12. Why does Milton take Marina to his brother-in-law's store?
(a) To talk to him about Anders.
(b) For her to purchase supplies.
(c) To meet him.
(d) To look at a medical problem the man is having.
13. What does Swenson say Barbara told her about Marina?
(a) That Marina plans to stay away from the jungle.
(b) That Marina is a former student of Swenson's.
(c) That Marina was ill already.
(d) That Marina believes Swenson is swindling Voge.
14. Where do Jackie, Barbara, Milton, and Marina go?
(a) To the ocean.
(b) To find Dr. Swenson.
(c) To the market fiesta.
(d) To the river.
15. Who is Mr. Fox?
(a) Anders' brother-in-law.
(b) Marina's brother.
(c) Marina's lover.
(d) Anders' father-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Dr. Rapp study in the Amazon basin?
2. What does Fox want to do?
3. What does Swenson say Anders was?
4. What does Karen pressure Marina to do?
5. Why does Milton lead Marina into the water?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)