|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is tall, tan and blond?
(a) Jackie Bovender.
(c) Barbara Bovender.
(d) Dr. Swenson.
2. What does Marina learn to do with the local vendors?
(a) Learn about the area from them.
(b) Ignore them.
(d) Avoid them.
3. Who is Easter?
(a) An old hippie.
(b) The boy who runs into Barbara's arm.
(c) A parrot.
(d) A donkey.
4. What does Milton say he and Marina are like?
(a) A couple of skeptics.
(b) Soul mates.
(c) Two old-fashioned people.
(d) The parents of the Bovenders.
5. Who/What do the Bovenders say has no right to interfere with Dr. Swenson's work?
6. What have the Bovenders admitted to Marina?
(a) They are not allowed to tell Marina how to find Dr. Swenson.
(b) They have only meet Dr. Swenson once.
(c) They have received none of her correspondence.
(d) They are not allowed to tell Marina when Dr. Swenson will be back in town.
7. Why does Fox think Swenson will listen to Marina?
(a) Marina was once Swenson's student.
(b) Marina's sister is married to Swenson's brother.
(c) The two women went to high school together.
(d) Swenson has never been friendly to men.
8. Where does Marina go to visit her father when she is a child?
9. Who are the Bovenders?
(a) An elderly German couple.
(b) A middle-aged English couple.
(c) A young, Bohemian couple.
(d) An elderly Swiss couple.
10. What does Marina realize about the Bovenders after Barbara calls her the night after their outing?
(a) The Bovenders are lonely.
(b) The Bovenders do not intend to help her.
(c) The Bovenders are naive.
(d) The Bovenders are lying.
11. For how long has Anders been dead when Marina receives a letter from the Amazon?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 21 weeks.
(c) 2 1/2 months.
(d) 24 days.
12. What does Swenson say about Vogel?
(a) They have been very accomodating.
(b) They are swindlers.
(c) They can quit her funding.
(d) They are too intrusive.
13. How old is Fox?
(a) Almost 45.
(b) Over 60.
(c) Almost 35.
14. What does Marina do over the next few days?
(b) Visits the Bovenders numerous times but they never answer the door.
(c) Waits for Dr. Swenson to return to town.
(d) Writes her impressions of the area.
15. What does Swenson's report discuss?
(a) Women who are able to have children until well in their 70s.
(b) An herb that prevents yellow fever.
(c) An herb some natives chew and they never get malaria.
(d) A new strain of malaria that does not respond to drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since Fox has heard from Dr. Swenson?
2. How many children does Anders have?
3. What does Marina's nightmares concern when she is younger?
4. How do the Bovenders talk about Dr. Swenson?
5. What shakes up Barbara?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)