|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Milton say the Bovenders feel towards Marina?
(a) They think she is not sympathetic towards Dr. Swenson's work.
(b) They dislike her.
(c) They are beginning to like her.
(d) They find her too forward.
2. What does Swenson say Anders was?
(a) A brute.
(b) A naive young man.
(c) An inconvenience.
(d) A young boy.
3. Where do Marina and Mr. Fox go?
(a) To the morgue.
(b) To his home.
(c) To talk to Karen Eckman.
(d) To the airport.
4. What does Milton say he and Marina are like?
(a) A couple of skeptics.
(b) Two old-fashioned people.
(c) The parents of the Bovenders.
(d) Soul mates.
5. What is Lariam?
(a) A rope used to keep crocodiles out of an area.
(b) A type of outer jacket worn by some Brazilian aboriginals.
(c) A small village in the jungles of Brazil.
(d) An anti-malarial drug.
6. Why does Dr. Swenson hit Jackie on the back of the head?
(a) To signal him to be quiet.
(b) To ask him for his opera glasses.
(c) It is an accident.
(d) To let him know she is there.
7. Who does Marina call when she arrives at her hotel?
(a) Dr. Swenson.
(c) Her mother.
8. Who is Mr. Fox?
(a) Anders' father-in-law.
(b) Marina's brother.
(c) Anders' brother-in-law.
(d) Marina's lover.
9. What does Jackie ask about the opera players?
(a) Why a woman is playing the role of the lead man.
(b) Whether Marina went to the opera at home.
(c) Why anyone would want to listen to such music.
(d) If Marina has ever heard this opera.
10. What does Marina do back at her hotel?
(a) Decides to return home.
(c) Falls asleep without even undressing.
(d) Calls Fox.
11. Who is Anders Eckman?
(a) Marina Singh's brother-in-law.
(b) Marina Singh's boss.
(c) Marina Singh's co-worker.
(d) Marina Singh's fiance.
12. What is something Marina admits to herself about the GPS phone?
(a) She admits that Fox might be a little jealous.
(b) She thinks it means Fox is more interested in her than she thought.
(c) She prefers to be untrackable.
(d) She thinks she might be in danger and need the phone.
13. Who is Milton?
(a) Dr. Swenson's lover.
(b) A representative from another drug company.
(c) The man who picks up Marina at the airport.
(d) A good friend of Anders.
14. Who is tall, tan and blond?
(a) Jackie Bovender.
(b) Barbara Bovender.
(c) Dr. Swenson.
15. How does Marina feel in the opera box after the discovery that Dr. Swenson is there?
(b) On guard.
(c) Naked and vulnerable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Easter?
2. What causes Marina to quit her residency program?
3. What does Swenson say Barbara told her about Marina?
4. What does Marina realize about the Bovenders after Barbara calls her the night after their outing?
5. What does Fox manipulate Marina into doing?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)