|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is implied in Swenson's story about Anders?
(a) That Marina should start back on the drugs she threw away.
(b) That Marina should leave as soon as possible.
(c) That Vogel should send her another assistant.
(d) That Anders was an exception to how Swenson feels about intruders.
2. What does Marina learn when she arrives in Manaus?
(a) Her mother is ill.
(b) Her luggage is lost.
(c) Fox has called her twice.
(d) Dr. Swenson is unavailable.
3. What does Dr. Swenson believe is good for the health?
(b) Wine at lunch.
(d) A siesta after lunch.
4. What does Mr. Fox regret?
(a) Having to go to the jungle himself now.
(b) Sending Anders to the jungle.
(c) Divorcing Marina's sister.
(d) Not telling Marina his secret.
5. What does Karen pressure Marina to do?
(a) Pressure the company to bring Anders' body back.
(b) Go to Brazil to find answers to Anders' alleged death.
(c) Take care of her boys so Karen can go to Brazil.
(d) Quit her job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lariam?
2. What does Jackie ask about the opera players?
3. Who does Marina call when she arrives at her hotel?
4. Why is the only thing that grows near the fertility trees a type of hallucinogenic mushroom?
5. Who is involved with the Lakashi tribe?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)