|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Balder have an amazing record in the courtroom?
2. Who shows up to rescue them?
3. Where did the weather man get his information for his report?
4. How much money was squandered on the power lines = cancer claim?
5. How many slots for media coverage does Drake want?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways did people regulate the so called "untouched wilderness" that Columbus had seen?
2. How are present day scientists like Renaissance painters?
3. Why did the investigators turn to computer simulations regarding the crash of Morton's car?
4. Why would the military fund weather research?
5. What signs showed the park ranger that there was a danger of a flash flood?
6. Why wasn't Professor Hoffman welcome at the conference?
7. How did Evans determine where the thing that the detective wanted to give him was located?
8. What kinds of confused feelings was Sarah stuck with?
9. In what ways was Peter trying to identify George Morton's body? Why couldn't he?
10. Why was the frustration Drake evinced perfectly understandable?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has this book changed your outlook on environmental issues, or has it? What are the most important points to you that this book makes? Why do you think people don't focus more on garbage and pollution, instead of global warming, as garbage and pollution are something that each individual can make a difference with?
Essay Topic 2
What kinds of things did Drake and his organization try to connect global warming to? Why would they do such a thing? What kinds of disasters do people actually pay for? Do you think this is true? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How is beauty emphasized in the novel? Is this true of social standards? What aspects of human nature does beauty cater to? What aspect of human fallibility does the beauty industry cater to? Why? How?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)