|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours did they have to stop the tsunami?
2. What does increased lightning do?
3. What writer does the Professor make an allusion to?
4. How long does the group have to get to high ground?
5. What is the actual time difference between Gareda and L.A.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What signs showed the park ranger that there was a danger of a flash flood?
2. How are present day scientists like Renaissance painters?
3. Why was Ted Bradley going with Evans to identify Morton instead of Sarah?
4. Why does Drake hate the cause he fights for?
5. How did Evans determine where the thing that the detective wanted to give him was located?
6. What did the studies on scientific bias find?
7. What is so miraculous about Aspirin?
8. Why does Kenner believe that there must be a way out?
9. Why did Morton go to all this trouble to fake his own death?
10. What kinds of confused feelings was Sarah stuck with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the studies of scientific bias. If we take this information as accurate, what does it mean for a vast percentage of the information we have been given already? What about our history books? Why don't you think, in light of this information, that more things are retested to eliminate the bias?
Essay Topic 2
Which do you think is more important--fighting global warming or pollution. Why? What is it that one person can do for either? Do you support either cause? How or why not? What about your family?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Evans and Ted. What kinds of personalities are both people? How do they differ in their approach to the environment? How are they the same? How do you feel about each character? Who would you rather have as your friend and why?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)