|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Scorpio_L?
2. Who was in Evans' apartment when he got back?
3. Who shows up to rescue them?
4. Why did the trooper wait, regardless of the imminent danger?
5. What is Sarah bad at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What signs showed the park ranger that there was a danger of a flash flood?
2. Why did Ted believe that all people should live in villages?
3. Why does Drake hate the cause he fights for?
4. What was said by the Russian-accented fellow that caught Sarah's attention?
5. Why did the investigators turn to computer simulations regarding the crash of Morton's car?
6. In what ways did people regulate the so called "untouched wilderness" that Columbus had seen?
7. In what ways was Peter trying to identify George Morton's body? Why couldn't he?
8. What happened in the fall of 1989?
9. Why was the frustration Drake evinced perfectly understandable?
10. Why does the organization that Morton wants to put together have to focus on developing third world countries?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is beauty emphasized in the novel? Is this true of social standards? What aspects of human nature does beauty cater to? What aspect of human fallibility does the beauty industry cater to? Why? How?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the fictional organization NERF to the real organization, ELF. How does the author spin the perspective of the reader from admiration of the cause and dedication of NERF to such a discontent radiation at the end of the novel? How is this change of view imperative to the progression of the story?
Essay Topic 3
How does the segment on PLM, or Politico-legal-media complex affect your way of thinking? Examine what it is that the Professor talks about. Do you agree that Western nations spend way too much money on fear? Why or why not? How much money have you spent on fear? Was it ever justified? How or why not?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)