|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jim yell at after he realizes someone has sabotaged him?
2. Who discovers what Jim is doing to the bombs?
3. What weapon does Keepiru use against Moki?
4. What does Toshio disable after Dennie leaves?
5. Creidieki prefers to ______________ rather than to listen.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the pre-Uplift religion say about death and the food chain?
2. What does Kph-kree tell Creideiki about his beloved ship?
3. What does Krat say when the Thennanin leave the alliance? Why?
4. Why does Krat not attack the humans left on Kithrup?
5. How does Keepiru realize they are in the attacking seaweed?
6. What does Keepiru enjoy about his fight with Jon?
7. How does Keepiru feel after the death of Jon?
8. What did Gillian regret when she thought she had failed?
9. What happens just as Tom feels ready to attack the Eatees?
10. What is Tom doing when he is rescued?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the main elements of foreshadowing from this book, and how did their fulfillment shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
How did the symbol of war change the course of this plot, and which characters were most affected because of the war?
Essay Topic 3
What is Uplift, and what role does it play in this plot?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)