|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many braggart aliens does Tom ambush?
2. Jim is converting stolen bombs into ________________.
3. What does Hikahi call the aliens?
4. What does Keepiru call Jon?
5. What also stops when Jim shuts down his weapons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Creideiki ask of the Karrank%?
2. How does the Acceptor feel about what is happening on Kithrup? Why?
3. How does Keepiru threaten Jon's posterity?
4. What does Tom see in his last trance in the book?
5. What psychological devices does Keepiru use against Jon?
6. What did Gillian regret when she thought she had failed?
7. What is Tom doing when he is rescued?
8. What does Creideiki hope to do to help Tom while with the Karrank%?
9. Why does Gillian not weep after hearing the message from Tom?
10. Why does Krat not attack the humans left on Kithrup?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the literary tool of symbolism affect this plot, and what were some of the most important symbols?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of manipulation from this book, and how would the plot have been different had these betrayals not have occurred?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the main elements of foreshadowing from this book, and how did their fulfillment shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)