|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the ship been closed down?
2. What kind of creature is Charles Dart?
3. What kind of shelter does Tom have on the volcanic island?
4. How many times have Client Races tried to rebel?
5. Why is Gillian put out when Charles wants to talk about the lost Kithrup data?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Xappish ship in Chapter 20 destroyed?
2. What did the Galactics do when they sensed a false mayday call?
3. Why does Creideiki accept Tom's risky plan for escape?
4. What does Gillian do during the first psi-attack, and why?
5. What is Uplift?
6. Why does Creideiki doubt the worth of Uplift?
7. What does the Krat order after the first psi bomb goes off?
8. How does Hikahi calm others during the first psi-attack?
9. What does the Niss say is necessary while searching the Library on the wrecked ship?
10. What does Creideiki think about the war in space?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dedication was a trait that caused a lot of problems for people in this book. What are some of these instances, and how did the characters in these instances respond to the situations?
Essay Topic 2
How did the literary tool of symbolism affect this plot, and what were some of the most important symbols?
Essay Topic 3
What were the Orce splices, and how did their involvement in this story change the plot?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)