|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of island does Tom dive for when the storm gets stronger?
2. What kind of creature is Boult?
3. What does Sah'ot study?
4. According to Makanee, who is the only one who can stop the mutineers?
5. How does Gillian learn about the Tandu?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gillian learn about the truth onboard the ship?
2. What does the Niss say is necessary while searching the Library on the wrecked ship?
3. What do the Xappish officers discuss in Chapter 20?
4. What keeps Creideiki focused on the task at hand?
5. What brings Tom out of his trance after the crash?
6. What did the Galactics do when they sensed a false mayday call?
7. What does Toshio discover when he is cleaning up?
8. What does Moki do when he is ordered to end Jon's hunt for Akki?
9. Why has Streaker stopped in Kithrup at the beginning of the book?
10. Why does Gillian get angry with Jim?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the mysterious nature of this plot affect its progression? Which characters were most influential in maintaining this veil of mystery that was present in the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the most evil things Krat did in this plot, and what were her reasons for these actions?
Essay Topic 3
Dedication was a trait that caused a lot of problems for people in this book. What are some of these instances, and how did the characters in these instances respond to the situations?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)