|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of wreck does Tom inspect?
2. What breaks the translator?
(a) The Kiqui language.
(b) Sun exposure.
(c) Water damage.
(d) Jim's blunder.
3. What is more important to Charles than anything else?
(a) His brain.
(b) His work.
(c) His life.
(d) His reputation.
4. What kind of shelter does Tom have on the volcanic island?
(a) An old building.
(b) His demolished ship.
(c) A cave.
(d) A hollow tree.
5. What are the Brothers of the Night?
(a) A political council.
(b) An enemy war plan.
(c) A research group.
(d) A religious group.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Denni feel when she loses her concentration?
2. What does K'tha Jon do when a fight breaks out?
3. Why does K'tha Jon tell Moki to shut up?
4. What planet does this book take place on?
5. Why does Jim think the aliens will not be tricked?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Krat order after the first psi bomb goes off?
2. How is the Xappish ship in Chapter 20 destroyed?
3. What brings Tom out of his trance after the crash?
4. What does Gillian do during the first psi-attack, and why?
5. What is Tom's plan for escape called? Why?
6. What does Krat want to do after the battle setback at the beginning of the book?
7. What does Creideiki do to comfort himself when he awakes, and what happens?
8. How does Gillian learn about the truth onboard the ship?
9. What is Metz trying to hide from the Captain?
10. What does Hikahi tell the Captain about the wreck they surveyed?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)