|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of planet does this book take place on?
(a) A terra formation.
(b) A gaseous world..
(c) A water world.
(d) A ferral environment.
2. What natural disaster happens in Chapter 7?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) A tsunami.
(c) An earth quake.
(d) A volcanic eruption.
3. How does Gillian learn about the Tandu?
(a) Through a book.
(b) From the Niss.
(c) By talking to the Captain.
(d) From the wreckage.
4. Toshio's team is prospecting for ___________________.
5. Who gets the crushed robot to work?
6. What kind of wreck does Tom inspect?
7. What planet does this book take place on?
8. What is more important to Charles than anything else?
(a) His reputation.
(b) His work.
(c) His life.
(d) His brain.
9. What kind of strange tree does Dennie destroy on Kithrup?
(a) A bolt tree.
(b) A latch tree.
(c) A drill tree.
(d) A screw tree.
10. How does Gillian get to sickbay to talk to Hikahi?
(a) She swims.
(b) She is transported.
(c) She walks.
(d) She takes a cart.
11. What does Sa'oht do when the bomb goes off?
(a) Throws rocks to drown out the sound.
(b) Sings with it.
(c) Separates the sound strands.
(d) Puts himself to sleep.
12. What kind of creature is Charles Dart?
(a) A Soro.
(b) A neo-chimp.
(c) A neo-dolphin.
(d) A human.
13. What about the planet does Sah'ot take pleasure in?
(a) The rhythm.
(b) The climate.
(c) The smell.
(d) The song.
14. What kind of island does Tom dive for when the storm gets stronger?
15. What kind of plane does Tom fly in front of a storm?
(a) A solar plane.
(b) A gaseous plane.
(c) A holographic plane.
(d) A motor plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boult wishes he could be an ally with ________________.
2. Gillian credits the Niss machine with what attribute?
3. What does Akki resent?
4. What keeps the Soro queen from executing her chief?
5. Why does Jim think the aliens will not be tricked?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)