|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Herbie?
(a) One thousand years.
(b) One hundred years.
(c) One million years.
(d) One billion years.
2. Why does the captain give speeches to his crew so often?
(a) To feel important.
(b) To build morale.
(c) To spread information.
(d) To calm them.
3. Who does Gillian leave Toshio alone with?
4. What does Boult think the dolphins are hoarding?
5. What kind of island does Tom dive for when the storm gets stronger?
6. What breaks the translator?
(a) The Kiqui language.
(b) Water damage.
(c) Jim's blunder.
(d) Sun exposure.
7. What did the Streaker once trade with a ship in another galaxy?
8. What is the name of the Acceptor's leader?
(a) The Hindi.
(b) The Golto.
(c) The Tandu.
(d) The Finga.
9. Why does the Captain want Gillian on the bridge?
(a) For morale.
(b) For a meeting.
(c) For a reprimand.
(d) For support.
10. Gillian credits the Niss machine with what attribute?
11. What does Haoke try to get Moki to do?
12. Boult wishes he could be an ally with ________________.
(a) The Tandu.
(b) The Soro.
(c) The Thennanin.
(d) The Kiqui.
13. What does Jim dream about while in the Captain's cabin?
14. How does Gillian get to sickbay to talk to Hikahi?
(a) She takes a cart.
(b) She is transported.
(c) She swims.
(d) She walks.
15. What does Gillian have dreams about after Tom leaves?
(a) All of these.
(b) Herbie smiling at her.
(c) Aliens in a battle.
(d) Tom in an accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about the planet does Sah'ot take pleasure in?
2. What planet does this book take place on?
3. What kind of creature is Boult?
4. What does Akki call the people left on the ship?
5. What does Sah'ot study?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)