1. What does Metz know about the Bosun that most others do not?
Metz alone knows that Bosun K'tha-Jon has killer whale gene splices that he is using in some kind of experiment.
2. What does Krat want to do after the battle setback at the beginning of the book?
After the battle setback at the beginning of the book, she wants only to go back to her home planet to mate.
3. What does Toshio discover when he is cleaning up?
While cleaning up in Chapter 13, Toshio discovers an unknown pre-sentient species.
4. Why has Streaker stopped in Kithrup at the beginning of the book?
At the beginning of the book, the star cruiser Streaker stops in Kithrup, a water world, because there are some much needed repairs that the ship needs.
5. When are excerpts of Gillian's journal used in the book?
Quotations from Gillian Baskin's Journal become an irregular feature in the novel. They are used whenever concise summaries of events are needed because it has exact information written in short and concise statements.
This section contains 2,306 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)