Prologue and Part 1, Buoyancy (Chapters 1-13)
• Tom is sleeping when Gillian writes about having to land at Kithrup, a water world, to make repairs on the Streaker.
• Captain Creideiki wants them both on the bridge for morale. Toshio leads the mission on the world for Vanadium. He is almost killed by a weed.
• He is saved by his nemesis and is promptly mocked right after.
• A Tandu fleet pours in, using paths opened by the Episiarch. The Acceptor then takes command, using psychic powers.
• Takkata-Jim commands the bridge during Creideiki's rest period. He orders the prospectors back and hears Ignacio Metz talk about negotiating with the ETs.
• Nukapai, a Dream Goddess, helps Creideiki overcome his chronic insomnia.
• Tom and Gillian are called to the bridge to help with casualties. Tom checks on his secret Niss machine before going. He has a secret project.
• Krat, the Soro queen, has...
This section contains 3,038 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)