|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the suits carries the most electronic gear?
2. Where are the recruits sent for survival training?
3. For how many years does Rico sign up for federal service?
4. Where do the new recruits learn to sleep?
5. Who is the novel's main character?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Rico's responsibility in Chapter 6?
2. How does Rico's promotion to recruit-corporal change his situation?
3. Why does the fleet sergeant think Rico has done well to joint the MI?
4. What does Rico's father want him to do instead of the army?
5. What is the best way to fight the Bugs?
6. What does a soldier use his facial muscles for inside a power suit?
7. Why are the bugs so difficult to fight?
8. Why is Rico feeling so low in Chapter 5?
9. In what ways does training becoming harder in Chapter 4?
10. Why are most pilots women?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Heinlein's writing style. How would you describe Heinlein's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Heinlein's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Heinlein's life. In what way do you think his life and personality is reflected in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Heinlein was in the Navy and fought in the Korean War, adhering to the rule, writers should always write about what they know. Do you think it is obvious that Heinlein knows his subject? What difference do you think it makes to the story? Are there any moments where you think Heinlein does not portray a character or setting very well? What affect does it have on the story?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)