|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the recruits sent for survival training?
(a) The Canadian Rockies
(b) The prairies
(c) The Sahara
2. Which of the following is not a type of suit?
(a) A glimpse
(b) A marauder
3. What does Jenkins wonder about Zim?
(a) What kind of mother produced him
(b) If he has family problems
(c) If he has a mother
(d) If he hates people
4. What does Rico suffer in his first practice session using the suit?
(a) A strained shoulder
(b) A broken leg
(c) A broken arm
(d) A sprained ankle
5. What does Rico hear Zim requesting?
(a) Better weapons
(b) A transfer
(c) More women
(d) New recruits
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zim make an example of Jenkins?
2. Who is the novel's main character?
3. Who does Rico receive a letter from?
4. What does Rico do when he witnesses Hendrick's flogging?
5. What does Rico's father give Rico for graduation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jejal tell his troops?
2. Why are the bugs so difficult to fight?
3. Why is Rico feeling so low in Chapter 5?
4. What are the benefits of joining the army?
5. What does a soldier use his facial muscles for inside a power suit?
6. In what way does the army make things tough for the recruits?
7. Describe the release of the capsules in Chapter 1.
8. How does Rico's promotion to recruit-corporal change his situation?
9. How do the MIs respond to the loss of Breckenbridge?
10. What is Rico's opinion of boot camp in retrospect?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)